Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 Jul 2002, 12:13 (Ref:342360)   #1
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arrows vs Ferrari Penalty - Help me understand the difference

I know some of you guys are far more familiar and up to date with the intricacies of F1 rules (I'm getting there) but I was reading the news around the various sites and saw that the FIA may well punish Arrows with a 'RACE BAN' if they fail to compete properly in Germany.

OK - seems reasonable. I know that no one wants to kick a team when they are down but you can't have the fiasco of drivers simply giving up and getting changed while others are racing!

BUT ... how come Arrows could face a RACE BAN from the FIA for not trying, and in so doing bringing the sport into disrepute, and the FIA tell us that Ferrari, who were judged to have done the same thing, could only be FINED?

I'm sure I must be missing something - so help me see what and this thread can close.

Or, is this mega-hypocisy at work?