Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3825702)   #2251
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My Silverstone WEC ticket arrived today........

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 May 2018 at 18:33.
Old 30 May 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3825703)   #2252
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
My Silwerstone WEC ticket arrived today........
i have travel lodge booked but need to get tickets, hope they don't sell out
Old 30 May 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3825708)   #2253
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You should be OK. I only bought one.......
Old 30 May 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3825710)   #2254
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not bothered about the pit walk this year, the queue and wait last year was silly, so leaving tickets until closer to the time, hoping for a discount code
Old 30 May 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3825711)   #2255
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I bought my ticket the day they went on sale and for the first year for 3 years, I didn't get a pitwalk ticket, so I don't know if they were on offer anyway. In any event, I'm not interested in that wait and crush so I would have given it away (as I've done for the past 2 years).
Old 30 May 2018, 18:44 (Ref:3825713)   #2256
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i agree the crush and wait last year was silly and to be honest it was not worth it.
Old 30 May 2018, 20:23 (Ref:3825729)   #2257
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What was the point of it, it seems it was not worth it by the comments
Old 30 May 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3825736)   #2258
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There are always a lot of people who want to do a pitwalk, particularly if it's for free.
Old 30 May 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3825742)   #2259
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s only worth it if it’s properly organised. Being free helps though
Old 30 May 2018, 21:16 (Ref:3825748)   #2260
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Pit lane viewings are always chaotic with hundreds of people always wanting to look into some garages while others are quite sparse, Silverstone tried to limit the amount of people but it just meant massive waits and then still difficult to see anything, will not bother doing it again. Le mans on friday is always open much longer and therefore everyone gets a chance
Old 30 May 2018, 21:24 (Ref:3825750)   #2261
S griffin
Veteran

They do need to form an orderly queue at times. Sometimes it just ain’t worth it, as you guys said
Old 31 May 2018, 06:13 (Ref:3825794)   #2262
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Good luck with the pitwalk at Silverstone. It will probably be as crowdy as in Spa thanks to a certain mr. Freddy A. driving for Toyota.
Old 31 May 2018, 06:19 (Ref:3825797)   #2263
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Good luck with the pitwalk at Silverstone. It will probably be as crowdy as in Spa thanks to a certain mr. Freddy A. driving for Toyota.
Plus for Button will be there , so 99% of the people on the pit walk will be around those two garages and the rest will have lots of space to look round the rest.

Was it an autograph session during the pit walk at Spa? That always causes issues of some people trying to take photos of the cars and some wanting autographs
Old 31 May 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3825820)   #2264
S griffin
Veteran

Button being there, will that make a difference? Being an ex F1 driver might add to it. It probably will be different. I think the drivers are the main stars in this series. They seem to be the main draw at times
Old 31 May 2018, 17:22 (Ref:3825899)   #2265
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Button being there, will that make a difference? Being an ex F1 driver might add to it. It probably will be different. I think the drivers are the main stars in this series. They seem to be the main draw at times
At Silverstone? I would have thought so!
Old 31 May 2018, 17:36 (Ref:3825901)   #2266
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
For the casual fans and those who only go to local races then yes the big ex F! names are always going to be a magnet, but hard core WEC fans are i am sure more interested in the cars
Old 31 May 2018, 22:54 (Ref:3825938)   #2267
S griffin
Veteran

I think any extra publicity will help. Cars by themselves are no good
Old 1 Jun 2018, 04:56 (Ref:3825958)   #2268
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think any extra publicity will help. Cars by themselves are no good
Again, I don't follow, as Simon indicated, for many WEC fans, the cars are what it's all about.
Old 1 Jun 2018, 06:20 (Ref:3825964)   #2269
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The cars are the stars, i think there was a program called that.

For me any way i go to motor racing to see, hear and smell the cars, not the drivers
Old 1 Jun 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3826069)   #2270
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I would certainly hope you don't lurk arond the pit garages sniffing the drivers.......
Old 1 Jun 2018, 17:26 (Ref:3826073)   #2271
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I would certainly hope you don't lurk arond the pit garages sniffing the drivers.......
Ho Ho Andrew, i will leave that for you to do at scrutineering, you will get closer to them
Old 2 Jun 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3826182)   #2272
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some really important info here for anyone attending Le Mans: the World Cup timings!

I know the vast majority of the forum are big footie fans so it's definitely worth making a note of these. And don't worry guys - you will be able to watch Egypt vs Uruguay in the village. Phew.

I couldn't find any of the Holland games on there though?

https://newsroom.lemans.org/fr/press...de-de-football
Old 2 Jun 2018, 10:55 (Ref:3826189)   #2273
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
... I know the vast majority of the forum are big footie fans ...
Up The Saints!

Old 2 Jun 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3826233)   #2274
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What is this foot the ball? Is it what mechanics do to stop getting bored between pit stops?
Old 2 Jun 2018, 15:54 (Ref:3826241)   #2275
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Never understand why people would drive hundreds of miles to watch a motor race then watch 22 overpaid actors pretend they were hurt when someone touches them, and on very rare occasions kick an inflated pigs bladder around a lawn.