Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Feb 2023, 11:31 (Ref:4144857)   #176
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Merc seem to be having a few gremlins. Need to get it sorted, they don't want another year of playing catch up. McLaren seem to be in the mire again

Leclerc fastest this morning.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 11:46 (Ref:4144858)   #177
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Suggestions Stroll has actually maybe broken both wrists. If that’s true he’s likely to be out for a while.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 12:35 (Ref:4144862)   #178
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
So despite having absolutely zero doubt that Verstappen is the best driver in Formula 1 at the moment, and has been for the last two years as well, it would give far more of a sour taste if he were to win the title for a third year running than it did when Hamilton or Vettel dominated in recent years, because it just doesn't feel like Red Bull deserve it. And acts like boycotting Sky because Ted Kravitz dared to mention the farce of the Abu Dhabi finale (which wasn't their fault at all but was still a farce), or Horner blaming the other teams' accusations for 'children of our employees getting bullied at school' makes them even more dislikeable at the moment. It rarely happens as I usually follow F1 as a neutral fan (which I was in 2021), but on this occasion I confess I have turned against Red Bull and will be supporting Mercedes and Ferrari in 2023.

I hope Max does win this year and for a few more to come. I also hope that Ferrari can keep him honest and make the title fight interesting. Would also like to see McLaren and Alpine up in the mix and the midfield generally become more competitive.
Mercedes? I do not care if they find it difficult to compete. They had 7 seasons of complete domination. I am in no doubt that their spend to achieve that was far more than any other team. They had a problem with porpoising in 2022 which was helped by some tweeks to the tech regs by the FIA.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4144871)   #179
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I hope Max does win this year and for a few more to come. I also hope that Ferrari can keep him honest and make the title fight interesting. Would also like to see McLaren and Alpine up in the mix and the midfield generally become more competitive.
Mercedes? I do not care if they find it difficult to compete. They had 7 seasons of complete domination. I am in no doubt that their spend to achieve that was far more than any other team. They had a problem with porpoising in 2022 which was helped by some tweeks to the tech regs by the FIA.
I won't comment on the Red Bull or Mercedes stuff as that is personal opinion. However, it will be interesting to see if the anti-porpoising tweeks of raising the cars as well as allowing more front wing sidewash will effect how closely the cars can follow each other.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 17:48 (Ref:4144896)   #180
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I’d be very surprised if Merc can recover their car from the 2022 doldrums in one winter.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 22:15 (Ref:4144926)   #181
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
Sadly, given the circumstances under which he 'won' both his titles then there will always be understandable mocking of him and his team.
What did MW do wrong in the 2022 season?! Refuse to let Perez past and have one collision where Hamilton refused to yield (indeed Hamilton causing many collisions including with Alonso in Spa), despite having no collisions all season with rival Leclerc or anyone else? Hardly a season full of misdemeanors for the Dutchman!

Quote:
This didn't come out until late 2022 but the punishment should have been great enough to put them in the midfield in 2023, and yet instead it looks like they are once again the favourites for the championship which is infuriating as a fan.
Lol. A trivial accounting misunderstanding which is already forgotten by Red Bull fans. Less than a 2% breach after tax credits IIRC, with Red Bull Racing submitting an account they, together with the forensic accounting firm they had audit it for them, understood to be within the cap.

Only anti-Red Bull bias would call for such a draconian penalty!

For it be "infuriating as a fan" suggests you are not a Red Bull Racing fan?! Red Bull Racing fans accept the penalty of wind tunnel time reduction even if it seems a little much for a minor accounting misunderstanding.

Quote:
So despite having absolutely zero doubt that Verstappen is the best driver in Formula 1 at the moment, and has been for the last two years as well, it would give far more of a sour taste if he were to win the title for a third year running than it did when Hamilton or Vettel dominated in recent years, because it just doesn't feel like Red Bull deserve it.
What a load of nonsense. Red Bull Racing and Honda Racing produced a superb chassis and power unit for the 2021 and then again for the 2022 season.

To say they don't deserve it suggests a lack of understanding of the excellent engineering both Red Bull Racing and Honda Racing have produced. Be it compact cylinder head and exceptionally efficient ERS on the all-new 2021 Honda, as well as a VERY well done switch to E10 for 2022 with minimal loss in power. Then an excellent chassis for 2021, and again an excellent chassis for 2022: designed FROM THE OUTSET with measures to mitigate porpoising like mild venturi geometry with good downforce at higher ride heights, good suspension compliance, sprung bib, ice skates, floor stiffening brace & a generally stiff & rigid floor etc (unlike some rivals from Brackley who bizarrely thought they could run their car low and hard, with a very floppy and flexible floor, and thought it would somehow be perfectly fine...).

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 25 Feb 2023 at 22:31.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 23:47 (Ref:4144933)   #182
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If MV goes out and wins the title this season and in a completely legitimate way then I suspect those names will disappear.

Sadly, given the circumstances under which he 'won' both his titles then there will always be understandable mocking of him and his team.
I have no doubt the Max haters will find another reason to suggest that his title is not “completely legitimate” and that it wasn’t really “won”.
As that perceptive analyst Taylor Swift said “haters gotta hate”.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 01:28 (Ref:4144935)   #183
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Danny Ric dodged a bullet. Lando punching walls in frustration. hahahaha
Old 26 Feb 2023, 02:46 (Ref:4144938)   #184
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
What a load of nonsense.
I think people are so entrenched on this topic that there really is no point in trying to convince anyone otherwise. Even pointing out that the cost cap penalties are inline with the financial regulations. People will only be happy with draconian penalties that are contrary to the rule. Sadly, I fully expect that if RBR wins the championship this year, or next, or anything beyond, that in some people's minds, it all will be "tainted" because in their view, it is all built upon what happened in 2022.

Richard
Old 26 Feb 2023, 02:50 (Ref:4144939)   #185
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Looks like Danny Ric dodged a bullet. Lando punching walls in frustration. hahahaha
Well, I suspect he would still prefer to be in the car vs. out of it. But it does seem that McLaren continues to be lost. I think Lando seems to publicly be in it for the long haul and will wait for McLaren to get their new facilities up and running. But it has to weigh heavily on him that he is generally wasting his time in that car. With that said, I really hope that planned improvements do really help McLaren.

Richard
Old 26 Feb 2023, 10:25 (Ref:4144964)   #186
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Even pointing out that the cost cap penalties are inline with the financial regulations.
This is true, to be fair. Maybe I should be annoyed with the FIA for choosing such a pathetic penalty rather than Red Bull for deciding the reward for overspending was worth that penalty. Arguably they didn't really do anything wrong, and I have been biased against them because of the way they reacted after the financial reports came out.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 12:38 (Ref:4144980)   #187
peebee2
Veteran

I believe Drugovich has been told to prepare to race next weekend.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 17:14 (Ref:4144995)   #188
Richard C
Veteran

Nice video about the lack of paint on the cars. I wish Sam went into more detail, but its better than nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylHo9SGRfww

Richard
Old 26 Feb 2023, 17:38 (Ref:4145002)   #189
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Well, I suspect he would still prefer to be in the car vs. out of it. But it does seem that McLaren continues to be lost. I think Lando seems to publicly be in it for the long haul and will wait for McLaren to get their new facilities up and running. But it has to weigh heavily on him that he is generally wasting his time in that car. With that said, I really hope that planned improvements do really help McLaren.

Richard
Audi - Nailed on
Old 26 Feb 2023, 19:08 (Ref:4145011)   #190
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I believe Drugovich has been told to prepare to race next weekend.

If the team was owned by anybody else,it might be rather longer than the one weekend........
Old 26 Feb 2023, 20:21 (Ref:4145014)   #191
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
If the team was owned by anybody else,it might be rather longer than the one weekend........
And Vettel for the next one? If the rumours are true I think it would be a shame but may give an indicator of how good the car may be?
Old 26 Feb 2023, 21:14 (Ref:4145018)   #192
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
And Vettel for the next one? If the rumours are true I think it would be a shame but may give an indicator of how good the car may be?
Vettel would need so much money, but I guess the idea is that Aramco might pay it.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 21:51 (Ref:4145021)   #193
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Have you seen the latest trailer for DtS?

For those who have not - https://www.netflix.com/it/title/80204890

Verstappen features heavily at times.
And actually watching the show, he is barely in it.

Max isn't even in the top 15 'poster boys' of the show.
Old 26 Feb 2023, 21:53 (Ref:4145022)   #194
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
...but it seems as if it's only a problem in some people's eyes when it's the British crowd which I find very odd. Anything to get a dig in at the Brits I guess.
Anything to get in a dig at the Brits? From the poster that initially took a dig at a dutch driver?
Old 26 Feb 2023, 21:56 (Ref:4145024)   #195
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
What did MW do wrong in the 2022 season?! Refuse to let Perez past and have one collision where Hamilton refused to yield (indeed Hamilton causing many collisions including with Alonso in Spa), despite having no collisions all season with rival Leclerc or anyone else? Hardly a season full of misdemeanors for the Dutchman!

Lol. A trivial accounting misunderstanding which is already forgotten by Red Bull fans. Less than a 2% breach after tax credits IIRC, with Red Bull Racing submitting an account they, together with the forensic accounting firm they had audit it for them, understood to be within the cap.

Only anti-Red Bull bias would call for such a draconian penalty!

For it be "infuriating as a fan" suggests you are not a Red Bull Racing fan?! Red Bull Racing fans accept the penalty of wind tunnel time reduction even if it seems a little much for a minor accounting misunderstanding.

What a load of nonsense. Red Bull Racing and Honda Racing produced a superb chassis and power unit for the 2021 and then again for the 2022 season.

To say they don't deserve it suggests a lack of understanding of the excellent engineering both Red Bull Racing and Honda Racing have produced. Be it compact cylinder head and exceptionally efficient ERS on the all-new 2021 Honda, as well as a VERY well done switch to E10 for 2022 with minimal loss in power. Then an excellent chassis for 2021, and again an excellent chassis for 2022: designed FROM THE OUTSET with measures to mitigate porpoising like mild venturi geometry with good downforce at higher ride heights, good suspension compliance, sprung bib, ice skates, floor stiffening brace & a generally stiff & rigid floor etc (unlike some rivals from Brackley who bizarrely thought they could run their car low and hard, with a very floppy and flexible floor, and thought it would somehow be perfectly fine...).
Great post.

Everyone projecting their dislike on how championships transpired onto Max is weird and a bit silly.

What was he supposed to do? Stop the car in AD and wave Lewis pass for the gross inhumane injustices?

Drive slower and let other guys win because of his team spending a bit too much money on the car?

Newsflash: Verstappen didn't manipulate abu dhabi, and he didn't breach the cost cap. Wild, I know.
Old 27 Feb 2023, 04:21 (Ref:4145046)   #196
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When will Haas score its first win?
If you took notice of the Sky coverage, it seems imminently in their view
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 28 Feb 2023, 15:47 (Ref:4145272)   #197
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a fun little table someone on twitter put together of several pundits prediction of the first race pecking order.

https://twitter.com/theF1Scene/statu...54222875611140
Old 28 Feb 2023, 18:22 (Ref:4145288)   #198
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
a fun little table someone on twitter put together of several pundits prediction of the first race pecking order.

https://twitter.com/theF1Scene/statu...54222875611140
If only the race results in a little more 'imagination'.......
Old 1 Mar 2023, 06:06 (Ref:4145335)   #199
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Standouts for me are the following - Aston Martin. Yes, we know they're quick, but will they be Mercedes beaters? Wishful thinking or realistic?

Alpine - the way they have consistently placed this team fifth.

Anyway, when the flag drops...
Old 1 Mar 2023, 10:24 (Ref:4145365)   #200
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Haven't we been here before where everyone predicts Aston Martin will do brilliantly? Only to find them solidly stuck in midfield when the racing actually starts.

The cream usually rises to the top.

I would love a midfield team to rise like a phoenix and start winning races and beating the other "big" teams fair & square , but it's been a long time since that happened.