Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Mar 2022, 09:31 (Ref:4103063)   #2876
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems we are in for a very exciting and close Le Mans in the top class if Sebring qualifying is anything to go by
Old 18 Mar 2022, 11:31 (Ref:4103078)   #2877
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
The Hagan cars, Frings-built chassis, some Nascar drivers in the seats, including Cale Yarborough (!), Dick Brooks and Hershel McGriff, Gene Felton. Plastic bodywork on tube chassis with a thundering American V-8, as was an IMSA formula at the time. Probably some bailing wire when needed.

They did BOOM the place, but had issues.

I think Hendrick, and no doubt a bunch of financial and technical support from GM can come up with something that can BOOM the French countryside for the race length, and slot in with the other cars on the grid.
The GPI coverage of them in 1982 had a 10 year old me sold on them as entries
"Any team which employs people like Joey 'Spook' Knuckles, Roy 'Fuzzy' Wall, and Dewey Livengood, gets our vote every time" (p6 if anyone wants to track it down).
Old 21 Mar 2022, 19:03 (Ref:4103737)   #2878
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Actually it wouldn’t have been totally implausible in 1982, back in the days when different series had more similarities. It was just about finding the right drivers from the other side of the Atlantic
Old 3 Apr 2022, 10:38 (Ref:4105218)   #2879
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bit of a long shot this, but do any of my pals who have been going to Le Mans since the mid '90s have an entry ticket from 1995? I don't need it, I have two different ones already, but I have a friend who is very keen to get hold of one.
Old 4 Apr 2022, 05:46 (Ref:4105272)   #2880
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Bit of a long shot this, but do any of my pals who have been going to Le Mans since the mid '90s have an entry ticket from 1995? I don't need it, I have two different ones already, but I have a friend who is very keen to get hold of one.
It's a nice request but all tickets are stuck in my ACO yearbooks.
Old 4 Apr 2022, 16:05 (Ref:4105314)   #2881
S griffin
Veteran

I'm not surprised you guys hold onto them, not only are they souvenirs, but I bet they have a nice new design each year
Old 5 Apr 2022, 12:23 (Ref:4105395)   #2882
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm not surprised you guys hold onto them, not only are they souvenirs, but I bet they have a nice new design each year
The ticket designs are generally poor now, not as bad as the mid 90's but still very little design imagination involved. You have to go back to the 80's and early 90's for the best ticket designs.

And I'm not sure that all that many actually keep hold of them.....
Old 5 Apr 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4105396)   #2883
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bonus Points to 'EPS' of this parish for submitting an advert to the Autotrader and showing Radio Le Mans listed on the radio display.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 13.29.50.png  
Old 5 Apr 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4105398)   #2884
S griffin
Veteran

That stereo system looks sound enough, but if you can get Radio Le Mans on there, that’s even better
Old 5 Apr 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4105402)   #2885
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
well it looks like he drove the car to le mans but listens to heart the majority of the time
Old 16 Apr 2022, 18:29 (Ref:4107009)   #2886
S griffin
Veteran

If he drove it to LM, it has to be worth something. Bit curious he listens to Heart most of the time though…
Old 3 May 2022, 11:12 (Ref:4108753)   #2887
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.intensemans.fr/2022/05/0...-du-mans-2022/

Where did the autograph session on tuesday and open pitlane on friday go.???
Or is my understanding of the french laguage not good enough.
Old 3 May 2022, 11:23 (Ref:4108757)   #2888
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
https://www.intensemans.fr/2022/05/0...-du-mans-2022/

Where did the autograph session on tuesday and open pitlane on friday go.???
Or is my understanding of the french laguage not good enough.
The autograph session is included now at 2pm on Tuesday. I think having support races on the Friday now kills off the open pit lane.

I know people will have differing views on this but last year it just seemed weird running on the Friday. I know the ACO need to claw back some cash but one Ligier support race seems a bit pointless - to me at least.
Old 3 May 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4108761)   #2889
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree. It was good having Friday as an 'off day' - it encourages fans to visit the wider city and region rather than hanging around the circuit all week.
Old 3 May 2022, 18:39 (Ref:4108813)   #2890
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I totally agree as well. I can't see many people turning out for that one race..... It'll be the CBW for us in the morning and then rest in preparation for the coming marathon!
Old 3 May 2022, 19:48 (Ref:4108821)   #2891
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do not understand why such a fantastic event like open pitlane walk was cancelled. It surtainly is one of the highlights.
Old 4 May 2022, 08:24 (Ref:4108854)   #2892
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that the Virage de Mulsanne event starts at 14:30 rather than it's usual mid-morning, so after the Ligier race, maybe the pitlane walk will start later than in the past?
Old 4 May 2022, 10:18 (Ref:4108868)   #2893
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm hoping there will be other opportunities to get into the pitlane. Tuesday has always been a good bet....
Old 4 May 2022, 10:28 (Ref:4108869)   #2894
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On a more serious note, what do we do to buy food for bar b ques etc? Do we drive down to Carrefoure or are there shops on site?
Old 4 May 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4108871)   #2895
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
On a more serious note, what do we do to buy food for bar b ques etc? Do we drive down to Carrefoure or are there shops on site?
Carrefour all the way for us. Big merguez and beer stock up on Tuesday arrival. And then you can still get out to there even if the circuit is running.

Never seen a fresh food shop on site.
Old 4 May 2022, 10:45 (Ref:4108873)   #2896
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Carrefour all the way for us. Big merguez and beer stock up on Tuesday arrival. And then you can still get out to there even if the circuit is running.

Never seen a fresh food shop on site.
Thanks for that it is just what I thought. Need to stock up on wine and stuff since we can't take it through the tunnel anymore.
Old 4 May 2022, 10:48 (Ref:4108874)   #2897
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Thanks for that it is just what I thought. Need to stock up on wine and stuff since we can't take it through the tunnel anymore.
Just remember to hide any glass bottles really well and deeply in the car, if you camp within the ticket-perimeter. Glass bottles are a no-go at the track.
Old 4 May 2022, 11:04 (Ref:4108876)   #2898
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Eric swears by his plastic Canada Dry bottles!
Old 4 May 2022, 11:18 (Ref:4108879)   #2899
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Just remember to hide any glass bottles really well and deeply in the car, if you camp within the ticket-perimeter. Glass bottles are a no-go at the track.
Yes, found that out in 2019. I'm at Porsche curves, so outside the perimiter. I shall be prepared for bringing comestibles inside though
Old 4 May 2022, 11:18 (Ref:4108880)   #2900
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Eric swears by his plastic Canada Dry bottles!