Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Oct 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3318656)   #501
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the race is anything like this year's you could watch an entire game during each yellow flag period.

Although it should be noted I'm in the Ayse/CTD camp of watching nothing but racing if it's on track.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3318796)   #502
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A midnight game post practice would be perfect, I presume Audi haven't lost their CD of England anthems.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3318832)   #503
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Fancy to own a roadlegal Le Mans racer with one of the most brutal sounds ever? In 1998 these babies set off the alarm of the BMW 5-series next to us on Karting Nord. Sweet memories....
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/pro...petit-le-mans/
Old 17 Oct 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3318849)   #504
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saw that this morning, I'll take the LMP.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 10:00 (Ref:3318853)   #505
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I fancy a roof for my trip down to Le Mans, so the GTR-1 for me please. Or a Q9, the first (?) hybrid racer!
Old 17 Oct 2013, 10:28 (Ref:3318861)   #506
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I fancy a roof for my trip down to Le Mans, so the GTR-1 for me please. Or a Q9, the first (?) hybrid racer!
You're planning on travelling to Le Mans in a tow truck then? Suspect the Q9 would make all the TVR drivers stranded by the side of the road feel much much better...
Old 17 Oct 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3318867)   #507
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
15 years later the technics behind the Q9 should be much better and therefore much more reliable. If not, no sweat, I'm not picky. A good old big capacity Ford V8 without electric gizmos will do just as fine.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3318890)   #508
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Only today! 50% off on 2011 and 2012 Le Mans Blu Rays on Duke Video. 12.49 instead of 24.99. Just ordered both!
Old 19 Oct 2013, 12:30 (Ref:3319783)   #509
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any one heard of this band?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoV1FUjyJY8

Has they anything to do with Le Mans?
Old 19 Oct 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3319848)   #510
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've seen the name in Google searches but never listened to anything by them. No connection with the race as far as I know.....
Old 19 Oct 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3319909)   #511
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
not much connection with music either i fear
Old 19 Oct 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3319933)   #512
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect you're right Simon! Sounds like a good act for Saturday night during the race!
Old 19 Oct 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3319940)   #513
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans will play at Le Mans 24h race in Le Mans
or short:
Le Mans at Le Mans at Le Mans
Old 19 Oct 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3319960)   #514
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I suspect you're right Simon! Sounds like a good act for Saturday night during the race!
Well as you go no where near the band during racing that should suit you. but some of us will be within earshot
Old 20 Oct 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3320587)   #515
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh, I've been within 'drum and bass-shot' plenty of times.... (And wished I hadn't been..... ).
Old 21 Oct 2013, 07:38 (Ref:3320858)   #516
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
some of the concerts have been better than others but must admit recent bands have not been good
Old 21 Oct 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3320862)   #517
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, So What Do We Talk About Between This Year's Le Mans and Next Year's.....?

I guess it's another one of those things that you either have time for or don't. I haven't been to a concert for years but at least one of our group is a regular but when you wait all year to watch cars racing at Le Mans at night, it holds little attraction for me....
Old 21 Oct 2013, 09:43 (Ref:3320919)   #518
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The concerts on wednesday/thursday are sometimes better than the saturday ones
Old 21 Oct 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3321198)   #519
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Possibly true - but if there are cars on track........
Old 21 Oct 2013, 18:58 (Ref:3321232)   #520
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I'm not fond for the saturday concert either. This year when I was on my way down to Tetre Rouge, all the people was in the way!
Old 21 Oct 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3321302)   #521
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
well imagine all those people watching the race instead of the bands, as we are close to the concert area we will always have an interest in who is playing but i prefer to watch the cars if they are doing something more than just following the safety car
Old 22 Oct 2013, 07:18 (Ref:3321478)   #522
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
The last concert I watched at LM was the Jamiroqui one in, 2006 (I think). I enjoyed that back then - these days it would take someone pretty special to get me away from the track action ..... but as Simon says, if there is a long safety car and I was in the right area at the time then I may look in.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3321506)   #523
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
It was 2003, and Jay Kay was disguised as the Stig while moving around the circuit because he thought he drew less attention to himself dressed that way than when he was undisguised!
Old 22 Oct 2013, 09:08 (Ref:3321515)   #524
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
It was 2003, and Jay Kay was disguised as the Stig while moving around the circuit because he thought he drew less attention to himself dressed that way than when he was undisguised!
I doubt anyone would give him a second look these days.

I've not been really keeping track of live performers down the years but does anyone get the impression the 'entertainment' budget of the ACO has been slashed?

Or do they realise (rightly) that it can be spent better in other areas.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3321539)   #525
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I am not to sure that it was ever that large, i think the ACO now realise that the non french race fans will be there anyway so they now use the concerts to attract the younger french who might not be prepared to pay the ticket price for the concert alone or at least a combination of both.