Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3414296)   #1001
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes folks we were using liberal amounts of the clarkson button on the prius.
Yes honestly it has a button with power written on it, made me laugh everytime Ian pressed it
Old 2 Jun 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3414304)   #1002
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ahhh, i was going from spa to dunkerque and missed out on all the calais fun and games. after some frankly ridiculous traffic leaving spa it was looking a bit squeaky for the 10pm boat (next one on a sunday night is 2am - DO NOT WANT). had to open a cash and carry sized tin of beans to make it in time

(er, officer....)
Old 2 Jun 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3414370)   #1003
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
the irony is that generally i can't afford to do anything over 110kmh anyway, except this one time at 5.30am when i needed to hustle a bit to get to the airport (and last night, to catch the 2200 ferry. but that was in a british car...)

i'll google and see if i can find out how much i'm going to get stung for. strangely i have zero points on my uk licence and haven't been done in more than a decade. this makes 6 on my shadow french one...

thanks for the info. i'm still kind of hoping they see a british address and give up, but getting my wallet out just in case
Ah! Penny by parachute! This was in France was it? Then forget everything I said...... I would think it pretty unlikely they'll do anything much unless they can screw some €'s out of the hire company.....
Old 2 Jun 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3414374)   #1004
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Think yesterday was a bit of mini channel dash for the French police. I'm pretty sure we got flashed just outside Calais (but again, UK reg car) and purely by good observation managed to spot a patrol car SW of Boulogne in time to back off to something sensible, but it was not a leisurely transit, and while we didn't see vast numbers of other Brits liberally using afterburner, anecdote floating around the web suggests there may have been quite a few of us.
Most regulars must know by now that the days around mid-June are the days on which the French Police fill their coffers, yet it still amazes me that some seem to go berserk as soon as they hit the other side of the Channel.

Has nobody heard of the cruise control switch?
Is arriving at Le Mans twenty minutes later such a big deal?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3414375)   #1005
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes Andrew, but Bella has a french driving one so they can fine her and add points to that one rather than her british one
Old 2 Jun 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3414413)   #1006
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh crikey.......
Old 2 Jun 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3414439)   #1007
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ah no, my licence is british, it's just shorthand for the way they do points when you do something naughty that incurs them in a country in the eu where you don't have a licence in that country.

so when i was busted using my phone in france, i paid the 90€ fine, and a "shadow" licence was created on the french system with my uk licence number and details and 3 points were added to it. being done for speeding will add another 3 (presumably it's 3) to that licence.

(i just looked and i reckon it's 1 point and 68€ fine... could be worse! )
Old 2 Jun 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3414444)   #1008
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
ah no, my licence is british, it's just shorthand for the way they do points when you do something naughty that incurs them in a country in the eu where you don't have a licence in that country.

so when i was busted using my phone in france, i paid the 90€ fine, and a "shadow" licence was created on the french system with my uk licence number and details and 3 points were added to it. being done for speeding will add another 3 (presumably it's 3) to that licence.

(i just looked and i reckon it's 1 point and 68€ fine... could be worse! )
So with a shadow licence does totting up work so you can end up with a ban?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3414457)   #1009
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i'm not completely sure, but i think if they haul you over for doing something naughty and check your licence on their systems and it comes back that you've done many bad things that add up to more than 12 points they can make it very difficult for you. exactly what that entails, i'm not sure. but it's not something i intend to find out
Old 6 Jun 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3416238)   #1010
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://jalopnik.com/watch-audi-welco...ium=socialflow

I think it is rather nice. Check this video.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3416246)   #1011
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, like that.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3416265)   #1012
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes very good little welcome there, loved the overtaking of the vintage tractor, hope that is not the only thing the audi overtakes
Old 6 Jun 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3416270)   #1013
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Beautiful little bit of footage. Going back to the point Bella and I were making in the Test Day thread, and indeed like we talked about on Sunday Simon - that if you're a manufacturer spending all that on building an LMP1 it makes no sense to not 'activate' it by producing supporting material around it.

A video like this makes people smile, makes Le Mans seem exciting, and goes a long way towards explaining why there's a buzz about sportscars that people don't seem to think is there with some other prominent forms of motorsport...
Old 6 Jun 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3416275)   #1014
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absolutely spot on Ian. It excites in the way that the Nico/Lewis 'handbags at dawn' saga just cannot do.......
Old 6 Jun 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3416324)   #1015
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
http://jalopnik.com/watch-audi-welco...ium=socialflow

I think it is rather nice. Check this video.
Nice video!
Old 6 Jun 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3416342)   #1016
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
yes very good little welcome there, loved the overtaking of the vintage tractor, hope that is not the only thing the audi overtakes
Nice detail, the tractor is a porsche.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3416343)   #1017
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I hope it will be who has the last laugh...
If porsche would win you can expect something similar back.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3416354)   #1018
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Nice detail, the tractor is a porsche.
Glad I am not the only one who noticed that. They did make stylish tractors.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 21:10 (Ref:3416360)   #1019
Mitchi_S
Racer

Germany
LG
Mitchi_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love it how he overtook that Porsche tractor. Ha.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 22:22 (Ref:3416380)   #1020
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Beautiful little bit of footage. Going back to the point Bella and I were making in the Test Day thread, and indeed like we talked about on Sunday Simon - that if you're a manufacturer spending all that on building an LMP1 it makes no sense to not 'activate' it by producing supporting material around it.
'sactly.

something that audi are really good at. though having said that i STILL have a full page newspaper advert on my wall from when porsche won one year saying "are we paranoid? or were we being followed for 24 hours yesterday?". inter-manufacturer banter is a bit of a le mans tradition one way or another!
Old 6 Jun 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3416382)   #1021
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
'sactly.

something that audi are really good at. though having said that i STILL have a full page newspaper advert on my wall from when porsche won one year saying "are we paranoid? or were we being followed for 24 hours yesterday?". inter-manufacturer banter is a bit of a le mans tradition one way or another!
Going back a year or two I loved a Peugeot 905 era advert with the tagline "Actually, the car in front is a Peugeot".

Quite liked that one.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3416470)   #1022
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I 'warmed up' this morning watching some of the 1993 race, principally just to listen to the Toyota TS010. Always makes me feel good!
Old 8 Jun 2014, 23:04 (Ref:3417232)   #1023
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It gives me great pleasure to finally announce the definitive livery for the Fiat Panda for the 2014 Le Mans 24 Hours.

Yes, once again Martini have taken the title sponsorship deal with yet another variation of the classic livery.

Hopefully, with the help of AF Corse, I could blag my way into taking that slot that Millennium just gave up? What's an extra car to those guys, and besides, they seem to know their way around Fiats...
Old 9 Jun 2014, 05:37 (Ref:3417309)   #1024
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The Panda looks good and shows the hard work you have put into it. If i see it over the next week i will honk the horn and flash my lights
Old 9 Jun 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3417321)   #1025
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Cool