Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jun 2016, 13:44 (Ref:3647957)   #1776
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
As we all know there is a real burning passion for football on this forum.

I know in particular CTD was wondering just how many Euro 2016 games he could watch without it clashing with the racing

Assuming it's up on big screens in the village again these guides could be quite useful. I can stand to miss a couple of support sessions in order to watch England draw 1-1 with Wales.

http://www.sportscarglobal.com/wp-co...s/Page%201.pdf
http://www.sportscarglobal.com/wp-co...s/Page%202.pdf
plenty to do at le mans when cars not on trak, that you can not do any other time whilst football is on almost 100% of the time
Old 7 Jun 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3648016)   #1777
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess I have zero interest in watching the football. I'm with Simon firmly on this one......
Old 7 Jun 2016, 17:55 (Ref:3648026)   #1778
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
As we all know there is a real burning passion for football on this forum.

I know in particular CTD was wondering just how many Euro 2016 games he could watch without it clashing with the racing

Assuming it's up on big screens in the village again these guides could be quite useful. I can stand to miss a couple of support sessions in order to watch England draw 1-1 with Wales.

http://www.sportscarglobal.com/wp-co...s/Page%201.pdf
http://www.sportscarglobal.com/wp-co...s/Page%202.pdf
Don't rat me out Richard, that was my secret passion!

(Just to be clear, I'm not a football/soccer fan, and will never be!)
Old 7 Jun 2016, 18:52 (Ref:3648038)   #1779
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We could paint a wall for the football fans and that way they could watch it dry, far more interesting IMHO.

But i would rather chat with friends i only see once or twice a year and talk motor racing.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 20:12 (Ref:3648055)   #1780
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i remember watching that car race
I remember sitting in that car!

Old 7 Jun 2016, 20:37 (Ref:3648061)   #1781
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
now that makes me envious where was that
Old 7 Jun 2016, 20:52 (Ref:3648069)   #1782
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
That was at The Mitty historics at Road Atlanta 2015. My buddies and I were loitering at their garage area and the car was sitting there under a tarp. I think a crew guy caught us lifting up the tarp and rather than kick us out asked if we wanted to sit in it. We were all like, uh, are you serious?!!! And he said, sure, get in! Ha ha, it's not easy to get into, but well worth the effort! On cloud nine for the rest of the day after that!
Old 8 Jun 2016, 15:38 (Ref:3648249)   #1783
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Just finished stickering up the car, and it looks pretty nice, in a modest way. Hopefully the car won't get nicked because of the stickers like the bike got, because the money for a replacement just isn't there!

Old 8 Jun 2016, 15:48 (Ref:3648250)   #1784
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep beginning to get close now, will be in the campsite in 6 days from now
Old 8 Jun 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3648252)   #1785
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was gonna ask when the ACO "future" press conference was held on Thursday, but then checked the PDF I posted earlier and it said 11am CET, so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Media/press information outlet from the ACO communications
http://www.fiawec.com/wpphpFichiers/...nformation.pdf
Old 8 Jun 2016, 16:59 (Ref:3648261)   #1786
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As said before Club Arnage Guide will come out this Friday over at
http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/download.html

Meanwhile Motorsport News has 12-page guide (in UK)
Old 13 Jun 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3649503)   #1787
Deleted
Veteran

My final guesses for who's gonna win what.

OVERALL

Porsche 35%
Audi 30%
Toyota 25%
Rebellion 7,5%
LMP2 2,5%
OTHER 0%

Sub-Trophy Award LMP1 Thingy
Rebellion 95%
ByKolles 5%

LMP2

Oreca 05 40%
Onroak Coupe 35%
Zytek 10%
SMP 10%
Oreca 03R 5%
Oak-Pescarolo 0%
(G56 Oak-Pescarolo 0%)

LMGTE-PRO

They're all bopped to death so 20% to each I guess, whatever

LMGTE-AM

Same as above, but I think the Corvettes got slightly crappier hand in poker + only one of their teams can realistically win by merit so moderately lower percentage for them (don't care enough to think one)

ROAD TO LE MANS (OVERALL)
Onroak 90%
Ginetta 2,5%
ADESS 2,5%
GT3 5%
Old 13 Jun 2016, 22:34 (Ref:3649504)   #1788
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And Robbie Knock was still there to entertain us TV community with his elegance. Good times.

I miss that clown. What sitcom is he on nowadays?
Ahh, tell me about it. Le Mans has lost most of its appeal for me without Robbie. In fact I only tune in each year in the hope he makes an appearance.
Old 13 Jun 2016, 22:37 (Ref:3649505)   #1789
Deleted
Veteran

I know right!
Old 13 Jun 2016, 22:42 (Ref:3649506)   #1790
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I know right!
This gives some idea as to what he's been up to recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reoivoN7SdE
Old 13 Jun 2016, 22:51 (Ref:3649508)   #1791
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
This gives some idea as to what he's been up to recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reoivoN7SdE
16 views since February, impressive!

Of course, now since literally every 10/10ths member is gonna click that in hope of catching a glimpse of the master of comedy again, he's gonna reach the stars in youtube fandom.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 06:35 (Ref:3649797)   #1792
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just a quick reminder that the LM predictions thread closes in just under an hour and a half in case you haven't had a go yet.......
Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:23 (Ref:3650400)   #1793
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
We have an official date for next year's race: 17/18 June 2017.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:45 (Ref:3650410)   #1794
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
16 views since February, impressive!

Of course, now since literally every 10/10ths member is gonna click that in hope of catching a glimpse of the master of comedy again, he's gonna reach the stars in youtube fandom.
I clicked on it to watch, I also miss him on the 24 min show. When he was on, I'd record them even though I was at the race, just to watch when I got back !!! He's a Comedy Genius, without even realising it !!!! And I'm still laughing now .....
Old 17 Jun 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3651018)   #1795
Deleted
Veteran

So far I have been 100% right on my Autosport com evening headline predictions... WED+THU for LM, FRI for F1...

I expect F1 for the remainder too, as Baku FP3 should keep F1 ahead until LM start, and then Baku Qualifying overtakes LM first hours, and at the end when LM finishes you'll get "Follow European GP live" + "Hamilton wins dramatic European GP" instead of who won LM. Then on Monday, probably "How Hamilton conquered Baku" or something.

Maybe LM headline on early Sun night/morning after the Baku Qualy result has been there long enough and before the GP headline takes over
Old 17 Jun 2016, 21:38 (Ref:3651100)   #1796
Deleted
Veteran

Heading into the main course of the week's proceedings, I would estimate my "share of interest" for the racing classes to be something like here:

LMP1 - 70%
LMP2 - 25%
LMP3 Support - 4%
LMGTE-PRO 0,5%
LMGTE-AM 0,3%
GT3 Support 0,2%
Ferrari Support 0,0% (maybe 0,1 if I could see them)

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Jun 2016 at 21:44.
Old 18 Jun 2016, 06:38 (Ref:3651186)   #1797
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's because your a prototype man, obviously, like me! But I do like the LMP3s.....
Old 20 Jun 2016, 17:22 (Ref:3653885)   #1798
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
We have an official date for next year's race: 17/18 June 2017.
Good to know! Got a link perhaps? Need to show this to smb...
Old 20 Jun 2016, 18:10 (Ref:3653908)   #1799
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello,
After this amazing week, the campsites are now empty, there is no more fantastic cars on the streets, the track returned a public road

I hope to see many motor fans in three weeks, for Le Mans Classic
Old 20 Jun 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3653909)   #1800
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Good to know! Got a link perhaps? Need to show this to smb...
It was in the ACO press conference. Should be on the ACO website or on Endurance-Info at least.