Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Mar 2024, 13:55 (Ref:4201985)   #151
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
https://twitter.com/ValtteriBottas/s...64938813984782

Bottas is my new favourite driver.
Old 20 Mar 2024, 15:08 (Ref:4201992)   #152
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post

Old 20 Mar 2024, 15:09 (Ref:4201994)   #153
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hahaha amazing!
Old 20 Mar 2024, 17:56 (Ref:4202019)   #154
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's BRILLIANT. Especially the "I'm very rich already"
Old 23 Mar 2024, 12:33 (Ref:4202400)   #155
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why would a team such as Sauber come all the way to Australia without a spare front wing of the same spec as the two race cars.

Mr Zhou is starting RoG for needing to swap to an older spec front wing..

Is this caused by the cost cap?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Mar 2024, 14:08 (Ref:4202409)   #156
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Why would a team such as Sauber come all the way to Australia without a spare front wing of the same spec as the two race cars.

It may be the reason although I think that unlikely. I think the reason is that the season has started so early with only 3 days of testing, followed a few days later by the first race of the year, a week's break before the next race and now two weeks later, the third race taking place on the other side of the world from your base.

Teams only have a limited space on the 747 freighters and so they would usually send things such as spares by sea, but with the time pressures this season, it is quite possible that there was just an insufficient period in which to create spares. This may also have affected Williams as well with their lack of a spare tub.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 09:37 (Ref:4202662)   #157
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

We have seen this before from other teams when new upgraded parts are introduced at quite short notice. These are flyaway races, so perhaps understandable, although of course not ideal.

The bigger issue is the wheel nut problems which keep causing lengthy delays during the pitstops, which makes the potential 0.05 seconds per lap from any new upgraded lightweight left hand flange adapter rather redundant.
Old 25 Mar 2024, 21:51 (Ref:4202776)   #158
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I had the privilege of being in the Oath Lounge (VB's gin brand) all weekend, met Valtteri all three days, great bloke.

I said on Sunday to him, "Points today I reckon, P8". He gave me a little smirk and said thanks.

Without the lengthy pit stop, I reckon P8 would not have been far off. Bottas and that Sauber would have finished ahead of the Haas' at least.
Old 26 Mar 2024, 08:47 (Ref:4202813)   #159
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I had the privilege of being in the Oath Lounge (VB's gin brand) all weekend, met Valtteri all three days, great bloke.

I said on Sunday to him, "Points today I reckon, P8". He gave me a little smirk and said thanks.

Without the lengthy pit stop, I reckon P8 would not have been far off. Bottas and that Sauber would have finished ahead of the Haas' at least.
Sounds like you had a great time!!

Hmm VB not too chuffed with the pitstop aggro. There are suggestions that Audi may not be as interested in employing him as he is in wanting a drive.

However he would still be a solid banker for them in the first couple of years development. After all when he was at Merc,they had winning equipment, systems and procedures...
Old 26 Mar 2024, 15:40 (Ref:4202889)   #160
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It may be the reason although I think that unlikely. I think the reason is that the season has started so early with only 3 days of testing, followed a few days later by the first race of the year, a week's break before the next race and now two weeks later, the third race taking place on the other side of the world from your base.

Teams only have a limited space on the 747 freighters and so they would usually send things such as spares by sea, but with the time pressures this season, it is quite possible that there was just an insufficient period in which to create spares. This may also have affected Williams as well with their lack of a spare tub.
The challenge is made simpler by having a drop dead date.
In these new fangled production scheduling softwares, a signed off piece of kit should be able to be reasonably forecast for the various stage gates so the issue doesn’t happen.

I am interested that the team put in a 2023 wing into the spares cache.
The logical me would wonder how it might fit if the front nose bulkhead seems to change in size and shape more often than not from season to season.

Unless of course Sauber evolved last seasons chassis instead of swinging for the fences….
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House