Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2023, 13:38 (Ref:4145719)   #26
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'd seriously like to see Fernando 'bloody' Max's nose in the first race...... (metaphorically speaking, of course.... )

I fear that Verstappen and Red Bull may have been keeping their powder dry, and that we only see their true potential during qualifying.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4145725)   #27
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'd seriously like to see Fernando 'bloody' Max's nose in the first race...... (metaphorically speaking, of course.... )
Ditto!

It's certainly going to be interesting...

Could he split the RB's?
Old 4 Mar 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4145730)   #28
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Q1 has been red flagged, as bits of Leclerc's Ferrari are scattered across the track.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4145732)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just an early impression but picture quality seems improved over last year particularly some of these slo mo replays?
Old 4 Mar 2023, 15:24 (Ref:4145733)   #30
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Just an early impression but picture quality seems improved over last year particularly some of these slo mo replays?

That will be the new augmented reality F1 is using this season.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ai...2023/10439342/
Old 4 Mar 2023, 15:40 (Ref:4145734)   #31
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
That will be the new augmented reality F1 is using this season.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ai...2023/10439342/
Thank you for that. Was worried it was in my head!
Old 4 Mar 2023, 16:13 (Ref:4145738)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I fear that Verstappen and Red Bull may have been keeping their powder dry, and that we only see their true potential during qualifying.

Looks like you were right. A Red Bull front row.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 16:58 (Ref:4145741)   #33
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Looks like you were right. A Red Bull front row.

It gives me no pleasure, though. Delighted that Alonso made 5th, and would be pleased if he can finish up the order during the race and subsequent ones.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4145742)   #34
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am not surprised RBR was at top. I saw an interview with Alonso earlier this weekend in which he was trying to keep the hype train under control. I think they are fast, but not quite at the top yet. I like that Albon pulled the Williams up decently well. I am honestly surprised that Hulk did so well. While I expected the rookies to not do as well as their teammates, I did expect them to be a bit closer.

It will be interesting to see what race pace is like tomorrow and who is able to get the best performance out of tires over long runs.

Richard
Old 4 Mar 2023, 21:01 (Ref:4145767)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm. Aside from Alonso (well, Aston generally), not a great deal of change despite C4 trying to really hype it up. RBR 1 and 2, Ferrari 3 and 4 and Merc 6 and 7. Not what I was hoping for. Good job by the Hulk though. I missed all of Q3 - what happened to Gasly?
Old 4 Mar 2023, 21:57 (Ref:4145771)   #36
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hmmm. Aside from Alonso (well, Aston generally), not a great deal of change despite C4 trying to really hype it up. RBR 1 and 2, Ferrari 3 and 4 and Merc 6 and 7. Not what I was hoping for. Good job by the Hulk though. I missed all of Q3 - what happened to Gasly?
Time disallowed for track limits.
Old 4 Mar 2023, 23:08 (Ref:4145773)   #37
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Times are tight, which is good. I expect RBR to run off into the distance tomorrow, but hopefully there will be some stiff competition for them.
Old 5 Mar 2023, 00:20 (Ref:4145775)   #38
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Times are tight, which is good. I expect RBR to run off into the distance tomorrow, but hopefully there will be some stiff competition for them.
Agree - the tightness of times is a positive sign, although MIGHT be due to the testing here - all teams have had the opportunity to get their package as good as they can get it for this circuit. If we see the same thing at the next couple of races it bodes well for good season.

Race could throw up some unusual results given the high-deg nature of the surface and RB MAY not have it all their own way - they had a double DNF here last year of course so anything could happen.
Old 5 Mar 2023, 08:43 (Ref:4145782)   #39
paulinhot
Rookie

England
Dorset
paulinhot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel todays race is going to be rather entertain.
Old 5 Mar 2023, 09:08 (Ref:4145783)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Time disallowed for track limits.
Thanks
Old 5 Mar 2023, 09:09 (Ref:4145785)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinhot View Post
I feel todays race is going to be rather entertain.
We need Alonso to do one of his demon starts and get ahead of the red cars which may then push them back into the Mercs....
Old 5 Mar 2023, 09:19 (Ref:4145789)   #42
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This season is not all over. Red Bull were comprehensively clear, but they have to maintain development. The better you start, the less room there is for improvement. Their rivals' cars don't look like a handful, although the Ferrari was a bit twitchy when pushed (not necessarily the car), so things look promising.

Alonso probably did as well as expected if we kept out enthusiasm in check.
Old 5 Mar 2023, 15:07 (Ref:4145817)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A clean but chaotic start, with both Aston's making contact but nothing serious,
Old 5 Mar 2023, 15:22 (Ref:4145820)   #44
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did I just notice ROKIT on the Redbull?
Old 5 Mar 2023, 15:48 (Ref:4145822)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Nice move by Perez on Leclerc to retake 2nd.
Old 5 Mar 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4145823)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post

One of RBR's partners is ROKT, who have something to do with ecommerce.

https://www.rokt.com/
Old 5 Mar 2023, 15:54 (Ref:4145824)   #47
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can we award driver of the race to Ocon for comedy relief?

What a disaster start of the season for Alpine & McLaren. Alonso must be rubbing his hands with glee.

Sergeant having a nice debut.
Old 5 Mar 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4145825)   #48
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/rokt-oracle-red-bull-racing-partnership
Old 5 Mar 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4145827)   #49
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aston Martin = Super Aguri (Super Best friends)
Old 5 Mar 2023, 16:08 (Ref:4145831)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Blimey, what a move by Alonso on Hamilton.