Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2002, 18:15 (Ref:319114)   #1
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Digital + season ticket!

From Monday 24th June, you can buy the remaining 8 Grand Prix for £50 (£6.25 instead of the usual £12 per race).
Old 22 Jun 2002, 18:20 (Ref:319118)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news!! Where'd you hear that?
Old 22 Jun 2002, 19:51 (Ref:319146)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats great news...but i havent seen it advertised anywhere. If its true , i will be phoning on monday for sure .
Old 22 Jun 2002, 19:56 (Ref:319149)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just by a poster and a CD of car sounds. It's much cheaper and has the same entertainment value.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 22 Jun 2002, 20:21 (Ref:319158)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like youve tried that then Jay......you need to get out more !

onboard camera's and pit to car radio's are awesome just on their own without all the other stuff.... It certanly makes much better viewing .
Old 22 Jun 2002, 20:42 (Ref:319172)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like you need to watch some actual racing, instead of that F1 stuff! You might not be so inclined to fill Bernie's wallet if you knew what else was out there.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 22 Jun 2002, 22:32 (Ref:319236)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was planning to get the British GP anyway, so may as well splash out as the coverage and commentary is excellent.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 22:42 (Ref:319247)   #8
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Oh come on, Jay, we have JPM on pole for tomorrow. What more can you want?
Old 22 Jun 2002, 22:53 (Ref:319255)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where did you hear this?
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:48 (Ref:319619)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
it's official........it's happening, Matthew Lorenzo confirmed it at the end of the show today!
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:51 (Ref:319622)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw that. I will certainly be doing it.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:20 (Ref:319662)   #12
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
£6.25 per race weekend, thats £2.08 per day of action

The lack of adverts has convinced me.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 16:10 (Ref:319711)   #13
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Sounds like you need to watch some actual racing, instead of that F1 stuff! You might not be so inclined to fill Bernie's wallet if you knew what else was out there.
hey , i know whats racing is out there ,

I follow National racing very heavily in the UK and go to as many race meetings as i can , I watch nearly all international and world series events that i can also , so i think you need to realise than many people do actually know something about the sport which they follow .

Certain series do have much better racing in than F1 i agree , but that doesnt mean that F1 is total **** , it just means that different series offer different things . There is more to life than F1 , but i also enjoy F1 very very much .

I have absoluley no problem in filling Bernie's wallet if i feel i get enjoyment and value for money in the product im buying. and with the Sky F1 package i feel i get very good value for money with great entertainment over 3 days .

you sound a little bitter about F1 , if this is the case ..what the hell you doing in the F1 Forum if it is all not up to your expectations ?
Old 23 Jun 2002, 16:13 (Ref:319712)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Jay, as it seems that your not interested in F1, (thats what i can only summize by your posts) why post in the F1 forum?
Old 24 Jun 2002, 21:12 (Ref:320727)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a shame I am moving out of student house at the weekend and long with the house goes Sky, but hay never mind I never did once folk out £12 to watch a GP when I can watch it for free on ITV and before people have a go about the better coverage on Sky.

Because I reckon within the next 2 or 3 years you will get the same coverage on ITV, this is when Uncle Bernie decide the Sky coverage has not worked and gives the Digital coverage to ITV and you will be able to watch it through either you Sky Box or Cable box.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 21:13 (Ref:320729)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
oh and one last thing it will all be free, because Bernie will want to win back the viewers because F1 is boring.
End of rant.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 22:31 (Ref:320809)   #17
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
If the manufacturers get their way and take more control of F1 then I think they'd be willing to heavily subsidise Digital coverage.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 23:37 (Ref:320847)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Even if you are right about digital becoming free I will be watching it until then too! Because it is so good!

Yeah, season ticket. Happy happy!
Old 25 Jun 2002, 08:11 (Ref:321015)   #19
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Even if you are right about digital becoming free I will be watching it until then too! Because it is so good!

Yeah, season ticket. Happy happy!
WELL SAID , im also very happy and will stay with SKY until the free sevice is as good .

Just ordered my season ticket for £50 .

Im well happy. Top notch coverage of all sessions live for £6 a race .
Old 25 Jun 2002, 15:36 (Ref:321319)   #20
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I'm considering going to the British Superbike round at Knockhill the same day as the British GP...are the replays interactive as well ??

Even if I don't get to see the race, I still get 2 days of coverage !
Old 25 Jun 2002, 15:42 (Ref:321325)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes, the replays are interactive. For the first couple of GP they weren't, but now they are!
Old 25 Jun 2002, 15:45 (Ref:321329)   #22
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
And its repeated on the Mondays as well..
Old 25 Jun 2002, 15:49 (Ref:321333)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
are the replays interactive as well ??

Even if I don't get to see the race, I still get 2 days of coverage !
just set the video and settle for Matthew Lorenzo, Perry McCarthy and proberbly Damon Hill,(on the master channel) this sometimes is better than Ben Edwards and John Watson on the super channel!
Old 25 Jun 2002, 15:57 (Ref:321340)   #24
Dickie Thrust
Rookie

Dickie Thrust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For all those Bernie knockers, you will take pleasure in the fact that you can watch it for a much reduced fee and know that he is still losing heavily on the digital project.