Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Jun 2002, 21:03 (Ref:321553)   #1
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ascari

Looks like the Ascari effort is kaputt, guys. They are winding down their LMP programme (Ian Dawson has left the team, it seems), and there won't be a GTS racecar in the near future either. Focussing on the road car, they are.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 21:24 (Ref:321571)   #2
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old news - The cars have been up for sale for ages - There have been reports on the web for months that as the ACO shafted Klaus he was going to pull the plug.
Old 26 Jun 2002, 00:42 (Ref:321706)   #3
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is terrible news. They were good, and on the way up. I'm glad I saw them winning last years Donnington FIA round.
Old 27 Jun 2002, 19:50 (Ref:323024)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were not that brilliant. I will still be sad to see them stop racing.
Old 27 Jun 2002, 22:04 (Ref:323127)   #5
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
In answer to rlinter - you're both right and wrong - there has been some supposition on the future of the effort in the aftermath of the failure to secure 2 slots on the grid at LM and there was a speculative ad offering the LMPs for sale or rent (though this might have been a shot at the ACO).

The big difference this week (and the reason it isn't "old news" is the laying off of staff and Ian Dawson's departure, a real shame.

They may not have been Audi but they were a great bunch of lads and the cars were getting better and better.

Sportscar racing needs efforts like this to retain strength in depth, the loss of any race winning team to the sport is always bad news - Here's hoping the guys - Ian, the crew and the drivers find their ways into worthwhile positions in the sport.
Old 27 Jun 2002, 22:12 (Ref:323130)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was across from the MG pit for the start of this years race as a lot people know and the Ascari, just happen to be line up in it grid slot just up from MG pit and the team where getting loads of support from the Brits stood by me, in fact, the team brought a hugh flag over to the bloke stood next to to wave at the start of the race. It is a real shame the team has shut down as they car had lots of potenial for future sucess.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 01:59 (Ref:323223)   #7
TimN88
Rookie

TimN88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont like how they took that name. Alberto Ascari, a famous per-war F1 racer is probably rolling over in his grave now that a company called Anglo Saxon CAR Inc ( i think thats it) is using it. The car looks good though, but it doesnt look italian. Those damn brits...(Oh, i just realized most of the peope here are British. oops)
Old 28 Jun 2002, 06:10 (Ref:323321)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Anglo Scottish Car" something-or-other ("Industries"?)
Zwaart isn't a Brit, btw.
Old 1 Jul 2002, 05:53 (Ref:324874)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
"Anglo Scottish Car" something-or-other ("Industries"?)
Zwaart isn't a Brit, btw.
Yes, "Industries" ; Klas Zwaart is Dutch ,isn't he ?
Old 1 Jul 2002, 14:13 (Ref:325178)   #10
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Pontiac used the term GTO which was no less shameful. At least Ascari is/was a fitting tribute. (I'm sure the best vehicles associated with this marque should be called 'Noble' btw). Maybe in the future we'll get a Ford Zwaart if ripping his name off has any marketing cachet!