Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: ...who you want to be the replacement of DC at Mclaren next year?
Juan Pablo Montoya 8 10.13%
Jacques Villeneuve 17 21.52%
Giancarlo Fisichella 22 27.85%
Nick Heidfeld 10 12.66%
Jenson Button 2 2.53%
Gary Paffett 4 5.06%
Other driver (specify) 5 6.33%
No, keep DC in his seat! 11 13.92%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Jul 2003, 03:01 (Ref:670761)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
I don understand why u hate DC?
I don't hate DC. (I don't like him, but i don't hate him), but i believe that the seat he occupy's is wasted on him and could be put to better use by another driver.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 03:05 (Ref:670762)   #27
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who do you think deserves the seat then? Rubens/Jacques/HHF.....it better be an experienced driver rather than hot rookies or newbies
Old 25 Jul 2003, 03:07 (Ref:670765)   #28
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Why would it have to be experienced drivers? After all, look how well Kimi is doing in comparison to DC, then weigh up their experience.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 03:12 (Ref:670767)   #29
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi is doing well because of the car's development based on DC's feedback. Take Williams for an example...last year's car was based on Ralf's feedback and Montoya benefitted by getting all those pole positions...early this year they produced the cars based on Montoya's feedback and what happened? I suspect their comeback middle of this season was because they used Ralf's feedback again.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 03:47 (Ref:670781)   #30
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v

Fisi, because i'd love to see if he really is as good as Inigo says

i'll vote Fisi
That's one pie I'd happily eat... Just give him the chance Ronnie, or Luca, or Frank....
Old 25 Jul 2003, 04:12 (Ref:670791)   #31
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Funny!! I just posted on the other thread that Fisi and Kimi would make an interesting team.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 04:51 (Ref:670810)   #32
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I voted for Fisco,a good driver and he deserves a chance to drive for a top team.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 07:21 (Ref:670861)   #33
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Maybe we should chuck Ralf out and put Fisi in the Williams.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 07:33 (Ref:670870)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Flamebait!
Old 25 Jul 2003, 10:49 (Ref:670963)   #35
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I voted for Heidfeld - I thought he was unlucky to be overlooked a couple of years ago in favour of Raikkonen when McLaren were replacing Hakkinen.

I don't think some of the other options on the poll are all that realistic. Raikkonen seems to be the favourite at McLaren now, and I can't see Montoya going there when Williams have two very good drivers who compete on an equal footing. Villeneuve's management will struggle to talk him into a decent car based on his recent mediocre performances. And I think Paffett is too inexperienced to go straight into a McLaren - perhaps he'd be better off with a long-term contract to McLaren but spend a year or two at another team to gain experience.

As for Fisichella and Button - to my mind, Fisichella has failed to impress year after year and doesn't deserve a seat in a top team. And although Button and Raikkonen would probably be a good line-up for McLaren (I think they'd gain more points in an average race weekend than Raikkonen and DC do), I would have thought that BAR would be keen to keep hold of him.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 25 Jul 2003, 11:01 (Ref:670975)   #36
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Food for thought RG. Can't fault your thoughts really. I think Jacques will find it difficult to get a ride ina top team simply because he has proven not to be a team man. Worse, he is not burning off Bunsen, is he? Heidfeld has never really had a ride to prove himself, just like Fisi.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 11:40 (Ref:671017)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He proved himself in 2001 did he not? He got a podium at Brazil, in a fantastic drive.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 11:47 (Ref:671023)   #38
JFAUSSAN
Rookie

JFAUSSAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ireally hope JV gets the drive he has been down on his luck for a while and deserves a good ride !!
Old 25 Jul 2003, 11:51 (Ref:671026)   #39
JFAUSSAN
Rookie

JFAUSSAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope JV gets the drive he has been down on his luck for a while and deserves a good ride !!
Old 25 Jul 2003, 11:59 (Ref:671031)   #40
jonathanc
Racer

jonathanc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC would still be better than JV. Ron wouldnt put up with the tantrums and would end up giving him a tiara rather than a race car
Old 25 Jul 2003, 12:00 (Ref:671032)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Welcome to ten-tenths JFAUSSAN!

You will enjoy it here! It is the only motorsports forum in the world worth using!
Old 25 Jul 2003, 12:21 (Ref:671049)   #42
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
As for Fisichella and Button - to my mind, Fisichella has failed to impress year after year and doesn't deserve a seat in a top team. And although Button and Raikkonen would probably be a good line-up for McLaren (I think they'd gain more points in an average race weekend than Raikkonen and DC do), I would have thought that BAR would be keen to keep hold of him.
Unusually misinformed comments from you RG. On what basis do you say Fisi has failed to impress year after year, while Button deserves a seat? Remember what happened when Fisi and Jenson were on the same team?

Must be the English in you...

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 25 Jul 2003 at 12:24.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 12:39 (Ref:671062)   #43
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Remember what happened when Fisi and Jenson were on the same team?

Not at all - I've actually been one of Button's biggest critics since he came along (that was the Ralf fan in me, knocking his team-mate ).

I never thought Jenson got a fair shot at Benetton/Renault - for the most part, Flavio Briatore was all too keen to find fault with him (which I always thought was because he could use all these problems to justify replacing him with Alonso, knowing that a lot of people would be critical of the decision).

Also, bear in mind the differing lengths of time they've been in F1. Fisichella first raced in 1996, and got his real chance in 97 driving for Jordan. He did well that year, most would say considerably better than Ralf, but hasn't really made an impression since. The way I see it, the most promising drivers of Fisichella's generation were noticed and given good drives, Ralf being the most obvious example. But since then, Fisichella has been overlooked in favour of up-and-comers, and I really think his chance has gone. He's won one race by the luck of being in the lead when a race was red-flagged, but most of the time fails to challenge. I honestly think that Button, with the right equipment, would be a better prospect.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 25 Jul 2003, 13:29 (Ref:671093)   #44
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forget Fisichella - he isn't up to the job mentally or emotionally.

Put Wilson in the car (when Jag fire him for not realising his potential in their hospitality tent or some other ridiculous reason)
Old 25 Jul 2003, 13:43 (Ref:671108)   #45
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Unusually misinformed comments from you RG. On what basis do you say Fisi has failed to impress year after year, while Button deserves a seat? Remember what happened when Fisi and Jenson were on the same team?

Have to say i disagree with this Inigo. JV, is still regarded as a top line driver and Jenson is doing better than him this season. Fisi, this year is struggling to better Ralph Firman, a rookie who is not, and never will be a top line driver.

Must be the Italian in you
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:30 (Ref:671190)   #46
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Its for sure the Italian in me... No denying that!!

Fisi has motivation problems this year (apart from the win in Brazil)- a veteran in a crappy car. Firman is highly motivated, and is getting his big chance after so many years. I don't want to get Tye or Teddy after me, but I don't think Jacque$ deserves the high rating he is getting... Don't get me wrong, I like Button, and I highly rate him, but he *was* trounced by Fisi when they were together at Renault...

RG: You didn't think Jenson got a fair deal at Renault? It was Fisi who didn't get the fair deal, turfed out of there, after having beaten every teammate he had there. Jenson got the bad deal at Williams... Turfed out of there in favour of Montoya..

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 25 Jul 2003 at 15:34.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:38 (Ref:671195)   #47
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I like Button, and I highly rate him, but he *was* trounced by Fisi when they were together at Renault...
I wouldn't say that "trounced" is the right word Fisi had 3 points scoring finishes to Jensons 1 points finish. That was in a team that saw Fisi in his 4 season with the team and Jensons 1st season with the team.

When you consider that Jenson is leading Jacques (currently) by 8 points and Fisi only managed to beat Jenson by 6.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:44 (Ref:671200)   #48
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Well, I don't want to defend Jacque$, but he has had some reliability probs. What was the qualifying battle between Fisi and Button. I seem to remember it being pretty one sided.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:51 (Ref:671211)   #49
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
early this year they produced the cars based on Montoya's feedback and what happened? I suspect their comeback middle of this season was because they used Ralf's feedback again.
Early on in the year, Rafe benefitted from having one inexpreienced race engineer Gordan Day, but a very experienced Tim Preston working on his car. Juan Pablo only had an equally inexperienced Tony Ross working on his car.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 16:01 (Ref:671224)   #50
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
For Fisi-Firman, its quite telling:
Fridays: 9-2 (in favour of Fisi)
Saturdays: 10-1 (in favour of Fisi).

For Button Fisi (2001):

http://www.f1roro.co.uk/f1stats/teamcomparison.html

13-4 in favour of Fisi. Convinced yet?

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 25 Jul 2003 at 16:06.