Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Mar 2004, 21:30 (Ref:891723)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Embassy Racing Launch

This evening I have been to launch of a new race team. Embassy Racing, based in Wakefield, (my home town). They have a three-year plan which will hopefully see them line up on the grid for the 2006 Le Mans 24 hour.

The team will compete in this years British GT Championship, they plan to graduate to the FIA GT Championship in 2005.
The car, a Corvette C5 will be driven by Paula Cook, Alan Bonner and Neil Cunningham.

The team see this season as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0046.jpg  
Old 2 Mar 2004, 21:34 (Ref:891730)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Below the teams driver line up:-

L-R Neil Cunningham, Alan Bonner, Jody Firth (FRenult) and Paula Cook
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0007.jpg  
Old 2 Mar 2004, 22:10 (Ref:891790)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
If have now uploaded a few more photos from tonight on to my website.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 22:17 (Ref:891804)   #4
RM40
Racer

RM40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is good news. I've always wanted to see a Corvette take it to the GT3's at Le Mans.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 23:47 (Ref:891905)   #5
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Won't the C6 be the homologated ACO model by 2006? I thought once a factory went to a new body style they couldn't run the old model anymore...
Old 3 Mar 2004, 07:25 (Ref:892085)   #6
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick B
Won't the C6 be the homologated ACO model by 2006? I thought once a factory went to a new body style they couldn't run the old model anymore...
No the homologation periods usually overlap. You can run a car as long as it is homologated, regardless of whether it is still in production or not. (See also the F550.)
Old 3 Mar 2004, 12:46 (Ref:892304)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So why are they running a boat at Le Mans, Rob?
Old 3 Mar 2004, 13:16 (Ref:892327)   #8
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Re: Embassy Racing Launch

Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
This evening I have been to launch of a new race team. Embassy Racing, based in Wakefield, (my home town). They have a three-year plan which will hopefully see them line up on the grid for the 2006 Le Mans 24 hour.

The team will compete in this years British GT Championship, they plan to graduate to the FIA GT Championship in 2005.
The car, a Corvette C5 will be driven by Paula Cook, Alan Bonner and Neil Cunningham.

The team see this season as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.
Interesting that they've signed 3 drivers for a single-car British GT programme- one of the reports on DSC also suggests 'the programme is likely to involve more than the British GT Championship'- Spa 24 hours maybe, or an LMES outing somewhere....?
Old 3 Mar 2004, 13:35 (Ref:892342)   #9
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i half thought it would be red and white by that name...
Old 3 Mar 2004, 13:38 (Ref:892353)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
So why are they running a boat at Le Mans, Rob?
It might rain a lot.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 13:42 (Ref:892358)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I thought they made embassies on land though?
Maybe they're planning a race in Venice?

Last edited by pirenzo; 3 Mar 2004 at 13:43.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 18:28 (Ref:892623)   #12
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good luck to Embassy Racing !
Old 3 Mar 2004, 19:10 (Ref:892667)   #13
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't Graham Hill's F1 team known as Embassy Racing, after Embassy cicarettes?

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 3 Mar 2004, 19:17 (Ref:892676)   #14
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The F1 team in the mid 70s was officially known as "Embassy Racing with Graham Hill"
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:32 (Ref:930068)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Embassy Racing made there British GT debut's this weekend at Donnington, now as they are my local team, I thought better give you a quick update on there progress.

Yesterdays race they finished a creditable 14th, from what I understand they would running near the front for the first 20 minutes or so but had some problems during there pit stop. They also had a bit of a comming together with some Porsche's, both these incedients lost them some time.

As for today, what can you say 4th overall what a fantastic result, starting 10th overall they made steady progress through the field.

I spoke to team boss Jonathan France before today's race and he told me that they where happy with start that they have made. He also said that it that it was great to up at the front mixing it with some very big names.

Embassy Racing Corvette C5 in action
Attached Thumbnails
dscf0177.jpg  
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:45 (Ref:930087)   #16
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like this car, I think its one that stands out

Good luck to them for this season.
Attached Thumbnails
vette.jpg  

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:53 (Ref:930102)   #17
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Attached Thumbnails
vette.jpg  

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 5 Apr 2004, 16:38 (Ref:931225)   #18
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very nice blue livery...
Old 5 Apr 2004, 16:47 (Ref:931235)   #19
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reminds me the Leyton House liveries.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 5 Apr 2004, 17:13 (Ref:931266)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice pics guys. Yes, it somehow seems good to see a Corvette in something other than the time-worn yellow or last years LM livery.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 17:19 (Ref:931275)   #21
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and heres another two reasons why this team rocks
http://paulsands.org/don030404/slides/Img_2698.html
http://paulsands.org/don030404/slides/Img_2701.html

and I suppose I should show the car too
http://paulsands.org/don040404/slides/Img_3133.html

Last edited by PaulSands; 5 Apr 2004 at 17:21.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 17:35 (Ref:931292)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Nope, I definitely prefer the ladies.......

As far as I'm concerned, that should guarantee them a place at Le Mans whenever they want it......
Old 6 Apr 2004, 05:39 (Ref:931831)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Nope, I definitely prefer the ladies.......

As far as I'm concerned, that should guarantee them a place at Le Mans whenever they want it......
Upskirts are always fashionable at LM ! (sorry for the dancing banana, I can't help it, I love this one)

I like the car too, though...

Last edited by Fab; 6 Apr 2004 at 05:40.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 06:49 (Ref:931869)   #24
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Upskirts are always fashionable at LM !
I thought I'd inadvertently wandered into the wrong forum
Old 6 Apr 2004, 07:23 (Ref:931895)   #25
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I can see this team becoming a fan favourite as the season develops