Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Nov 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1449244)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CONFIRMED: Albers to race for Midland

Christijan Albers will race for Midland Toyota, the team has announced
Old 1 Nov 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1449256)   #2
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As expected.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 10:58 (Ref:1449265)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Link?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1449296)   #4
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tada
Old 1 Nov 2005, 12:04 (Ref:1449302)   #5
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good news?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1449346)   #6
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably good for Midland, as it will bring that oft-sought Dutch sponsorship money. In the end, a sub-par driver (by F1 standards, not meant to be a knock on Albers) to a sub-par car. I expect he will be looking at the back wing of the Red Bull Jr. cars next year... but he found a way to keep on in F1, kudos to him.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1449386)   #7
grandprixdiary
Racer

grandprixdiary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Albers did a decent job in the Minardi this year, he definately deserves a crack at another season - unlike some I could mention..

Rob.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1449418)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, shiny, to be fair, I think he is an above-par pay driver.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1449419)   #9
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He looked good until Doornbos joined the team and instantly matched or bettered his pace. F1 is keeping the wrong Dutch driver in my mind.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 14:36 (Ref:1449439)   #10
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He more than deserves it. A;lbers was great in dtm, and hopefully Paffett will follow him
Old 1 Nov 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1449456)   #11
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
He looked good until Doornbos joined the team and instantly matched or bettered his pace. F1 is keeping the wrong Dutch driver in my mind.
I'd have to agree with this, Robert seems to me to be more deserving of a race seat than Albers, given his performance with close to no beforehand experience with the car/tracks.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1449460)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe Robert may get a role of some sort at Red Bull - he has close links with Christian Horner
Old 1 Nov 2005, 15:04 (Ref:1449461)   #13
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
I'd have to agree with this, Robert seems to me to be more deserving of a race seat than Albers, given his performance with close to no beforehand experience with the car/tracks.
sorry, no. Doornbos raced in fewer races, has less experience and isn't as good at the press element. test driver maybe for another team
Old 1 Nov 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1449467)   #14
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even though it's a small step up the pecking order it's still a step nonetheless. Good move by Albers in my view.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1449491)   #15
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
I have been told that the Dutch press have asked head engineer Andy Tilly who he thought did the better job. He said that Doornbos was a very good driver, but Albers a BLOODY good driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
sorry, no. Doornbos ... isn't as good at the press element.
As ITV never paid any attention to the Minardi drivers, I can't confirm this, but it is said that Doornbos spent to much time with the (Dutch) press instead of spending that time trying to develop the car.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1449609)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Albers is regarded as a **** by the vast majority of the F1 press
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1449614)   #17
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Why's that, then?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1449616)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

No.

Generally because he's an arrogant, rude, tetchy moron.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1449618)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
And you have this on good account, I trust?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1449622)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

Absolutely.

Here's one story to illustrate it:

Quote:

There was an interview with the both of them in last months F1 Racing, the article was very light hearted, everything was positive, but then it ended with this:

'Both drivers suit up and wander out into the sunshine of the Turkish paddock for F1 Racing's photoshoot. Doornbos happily dons his clogs and wobbles precariously around the trucks - happy to be mocked by playful Jordan mechanics.

Albers then emerges from the Minardi garage with is own special pair, painted in black dayglo colours of his helmet. We shoot, we snaop, we tease and coerse a wan smile from Albers, who tries to shadow his face with his cap. But when we suggest he trade his bespoke clogs for a pair matching Robert's, his frosty disposition turns even more sour.

He's up and out of his seat, unzipping his overalls as we try and make the show switch in line with our photographic needs. "Why?" he damands. "We've just used my clogs. Why do you want more pictures?" Its a laughable display of prima donna petulance; behaviour better suited to a multiple world champion than a fresh-to-the-pit-lane back-marker.

Eevryone looks embarrasses as the diva pipes up. The team's hapless PR is berated for not informing him about such an innocent turn of events. In the end, he complies with bad grace and, once the snaps have been taken, stomps off. The Minardi crew look both sheepish and stunned. Maybe it isn't only the nice guys who finish last...'
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1449625)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Maybe he just found it insulting to have to fulfil stereotypes?

I'm just trying to get an idea here, because I think terms like "arrogant, rude, tetchy moron" constitute a very serious slur on a person's character.

I am not nitpicking for the fun of being a pain, I just want to be clear of why those terms are being used.

What other occasions do you know of?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1449629)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

I have been told by a couple of F1 journos that they "cannot find anyone in the paddock with a good word to say about him"
Old 1 Nov 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1449671)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The same seems to go for Colin Kolles, so maybe it's a match made in heaven?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1449679)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kolles can, of course, laugh at himself - reference the "Chavski" shirt in China
Old 1 Nov 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1449723)   #25
RonVerstegen
Rookie

Netherlands
Den Bosch
RonVerstegen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm from the Netherlands....and I only can say 1 thing: Nice for Albers....but I'm not his fan!!...There's only one driver worth racing F1 for the Netherlands: Robert Doornbos... I spoke to him a couple of times...he's a real cool dude and he's very fast!! So hopefully Doornbos will reach a test-seat at Williams or something!