Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Feb 2004, 13:49 (Ref:866338)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dyson's Line-up!

wow- Butch lietzinger AnD Andy Wallace! and good ole-Weaver!
his team is simply gonna be soo good-provided the chariot sticks together.
maintaining continuity will be such a strong point for them- and another year of develoment how can this team go wrong this year? oh yeah audi...
http://www.dysonracing.com/press_2042004_1.html

Leitzinger, 34, will be partnering his erstwhile teammate James Weaver in the same #16 MG-Lola he and Weaver qualified on the front row five times in 2003 and drove to overall victory at the Grand Prix of Sonoma.

Wallace is slated to co-drive with Chris Dyson in the #20 sister car in the series' sprint races in 2004.

as good as chris Dyson may be- isn't he the weak link here? i mean he is good but wallace, Leitzinger are sooo much better
Old 7 Feb 2004, 13:57 (Ref:866340)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I also see they've been out testing again, and apparently AER have made bigs step forward with the engine and electroncs.

Last edited by JAG; 7 Feb 2004 at 13:58.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 15:54 (Ref:866408)   #3
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris is developing too, I remember when he just missed out on the GA title, at times he was turning laps just as fast as Andy, and he was a Rookie!!

Its hard to say what a weak link is when youve got weaver, wallace and leitzinger by your side anyways, those guys are killer!!

Lastly, his name is on the car...

I really hope the cars stay together this year, their my home team (only 100 miles away) and run at my home track LRP, I cant wait til spring so I can go see em tear the place up!
Old 7 Feb 2004, 19:42 (Ref:866533)   #4
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is an amazing crew !
Old 7 Feb 2004, 21:13 (Ref:866601)   #5
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
For 2004 the team will campaign two of its MG-Lola EX257 prototypes in the nine-race American Le Mans Series
does that mean they own others?
Old 7 Feb 2004, 22:43 (Ref:866668)   #6
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gt, I find it amausing how much like a press release your post is.

This is not that exciting to me, because I knew they'd be together anyway. I think Wallace decided to stay with Chris for the entire season this time, so he can get a piece of what he essentially got for him last year. Now, however, the class win is going to be a little harder to accomplish.

As far as Chris improving the driving skills, he'd better be making leaps in improvement if he wants to beat Lehto and Werner's R8. I do hope for the best for Chris though, so don't think that I'm discounting him in anyway. I do, however, think that Rob would be much better off with a pro driver with Wallace. At least it's not as bad of a mismatch as Haywood and France in the Brumos DP. That France guy probably can't drive to the store without spinning into the ditch.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 8 Feb 2004, 06:57 (Ref:866843)   #7
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh Chevyguy, i didn't realize it was like a press release.
I was excited about the continutity of a team (and they have had it certainly with weaver) it is great to see a squad come and attack the series again, underdogs they were vs. the LMP900 and underdogs again, yet they come attacking with the same hope and more improvements these guys rock, and that little LOLA is one wicked piece.

and if Dyson has his name on the car- France has his name on the series, as his name is indeed one of the france family on control of NASCAR and GA
Old 8 Feb 2004, 23:50 (Ref:867587)   #8
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Lola is a very wicked piece, WHEN IT DOESN'T CATCH FIRE! I'll credit Chris on keeping that thing alive last year. He was able to win the war of attrition, then let Wallace go get the postions. Unfortunately, you can't go into a race against an R8 and expect to win that way.

Another problem Dyson will face, what tires are they on? If they're on Goodyears, I think they'll have a problem. Maybe Michelin should just be the spec tire of the series, Pratt and Miller got smart to it.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 9 Feb 2004, 02:19 (Ref:867695)   #9
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
spec? nah ... but, michelin is deffently the tyre to have.