Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:44 (Ref:2026869)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Liuzzi penalised - minnows apocalypse imminent!

Vitantonio Liuzzi has been penalised 25 seconds for passing under the yellow flag.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62898

This means two things. One, Toro Rosso lose their first point of 2007. Two, Spyker get a point and thus there is a swing in the constructors championship and potential earnings.

I feel pleased in a way. I did not have live timing on and when I saw Heidfeld retire I got terribly over excited as I thought Sutil was then on for a point, but it turned out that the blasted Liuzzi was ahead of him. So I was right all along.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 30 Sep 2007 at 14:03.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 13:58 (Ref:2026879)   #2
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heh, Spyker ahead of Toro Rosso in the WCC, even with the latter having the customer car

Hohoho. I'm loving it
Old 30 Sep 2007, 14:09 (Ref:2026889)   #3
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Theyre still behind Super Aguri though, but you'd think Toro Rosso by running this years RBR would be the more competitive of the trio.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 14:11 (Ref:2026895)   #4
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well they were on for a potential podium position........
Old 30 Sep 2007, 14:14 (Ref:2026898)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone know how Liuzzi passed Sutil near the end? I saw Sutil in eight place and then suddenly Liuzzi was past. Did Sutil make a mistake, or was Liuzzi just quicker in the latter stages?

No live timing for me at the moment.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 14:17 (Ref:2026901)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Theyre still behind Super Aguri though, but you'd think Toro Rosso by running this years RBR would be the more competitive of the trio.
Frankly, Toro Rosso have been rather rubbish this year, if their chassis really is the same as the Red Bull one.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 14:19 (Ref:2026905)   #7
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it obviously isnt because they have a different engine
Old 30 Sep 2007, 14:28 (Ref:2026916)   #8
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice to see Sutil in the points. I think he has quite a future ahead if he gets the right drive.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 14:50 (Ref:2026943)   #9
Gaelic Legendia
Rookie

Gaelic Legendia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great finish for Spyker and Sutil without a doubt, Adrian has came on in strides since the start of the season, going from an enigmatic rookie in the early days (rumours of him being replaced early on?) to outclassing his experienced teammate Albers in every way, with an increasingly professional outlook and grasp of Formula One. He really has helped his team overachieve with such a result, pushing his equipment's limitations to the maximum, and he would certainly deserve a better drive and a future in F1 after a shake start. Again, well done, and hope he keep's it up, was impressive to watch today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Vitantonio Liuzzi has been penalised 25 seconds for passing under the yellow flag.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62898

This means two things. One, Toro Rosso lose their first point of 2007. Two, Spyker get a point and thus there is a swing in the constructors championship and potential earnings.

I feel pleased in a way. I did not have live timing on and when I saw Heidfeld retire I got terribly over excited as I thought Sutil was then on for a point, but it turned out that the blasted Liuzzi was ahead of him. So I was right all along.
I don't get the gang-like dislike of STR really, sure they come across as rebellious maybe, inserting a laid back attitude towards the sport, but their young driver's have improved quite a bit in the last two years, while their cars sadly may not have improved quite enough. Let's say little about Vettel's collision today though... unfortunate for Vitantonio today to be fair, probably too much spray to notice his infringement, but rules are rules.

On reflection, STR deserve to be bottom of the constructors, not for their driver's, but for the car's sheer lack of progress. No complaints for Red Bull Junior IMO.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 14:53 (Ref:2026948)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That wasn't meant totally seriously against Liuzzi. I just wanted Spyker to score and Liuzzi happened to be the one in the way.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 15:19 (Ref:2026982)   #11
Tony Clifton
Racer

Tony Clifton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the second time Toro Rosso lost points for pasing under the yellow. Scott Speed lost the only point he ever scored for passing Coulthard under the yellow at he 2006 Australian GP.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 15:22 (Ref:2026986)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder how much Spyker paid for this decision to go in their favour? There's no way you can see every yellow flag in conditions like those.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 15:24 (Ref:2026988)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, but you can't rescind it based on that otherwise it'd be open to severe abuse.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 15:25 (Ref:2026991)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
I don't get the gang-like dislike of STR really, sure they come across as rebellious maybe, inserting a laid back attitude towards the sport, but their young driver's have improved quite a bit in the last two years, while their cars sadly may not have improved quite enough.
I can't speak for other people, but I personally feel that if they're going to use a car another team designed, the least they can do is manage to race it at somewhere approaching the pace of the other team's effort.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 16:05 (Ref:2027024)   #15
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
STR are appealing the decision - result therefore is restored I think until heard - time for Minnowgate.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 16:28 (Ref:2027044)   #16
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame there's no footage available; all we know is that there were yellows out for Davidson and Liuzzi passed Sutil at that time. Probably Liuzzi passed Sutil after clearing Davidson but before the end of the yellow sector. I do hope though the appeal is thrown out as Spyker really deserve the point for working so hard to improve their car against teams who have their cars designed for them. Sutil's been a revelation this season - really you'd have to say the rookies of 2007 are the best crop since the amazing newcomers of 2001.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 16:38 (Ref:2027051)   #17
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On one hand I'm glad that Spyker got a point, but sad to see Luizi lose his. It was ironic that the driver who got canned from STR would be the one giving them the sole point of the season.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 16:58 (Ref:2027070)   #18
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1
On one hand I'm glad that Spyker got a point, but sad to see Luizi lose his. It was ironic that the driver who got canned from STR would be the one giving them the sole point of the season.
'the driver'? You mean both - Scott's already gone.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 17:39 (Ref:2027112)   #19
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Feel sorry for Luizzi, but kudo's to Sutil. A reward for some stellar drives recently.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 18:24 (Ref:2027155)   #20
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And, Spyker now ahead of McLaren.

Funny old world - but big well done to Messrs Kolles, Gascoyne and especially Sutil.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 18:33 (Ref:2027168)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
'the driver'? You mean both - Scott's already gone.
Trivia time- as you may well be aware, Scott Speed never scored in F1, but would have done so in his third Grand Prix had he not had 25 seconds added to his race time for a yellow flag infingement.

Their only point so far came in the tenth round last year.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 18:38 (Ref:2027171)   #22
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is this the first time Torro Rosso led a GP.

How many times did Minardi lead a GP - I'm sure it did happen.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 19:45 (Ref:2027243)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine

How many times did Minardi lead a GP - I'm sure it did happen.
In Minardi's entire F1 history they lead 1 lap, during the 1989 Portuguese GP.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 19:49 (Ref:2027251)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
STR are appealing the decision - result therefore is restored I think until heard - time for Minnowgate.
From the official Formula 1 website.......

1 Lewis Hamilton British McLaren-Mercedes 107
2 Fernando Alonso Spanish McLaren-Mercedes 95
3 Kimi Räikkönen Finnish Ferrari 90
4 Felipe Massa Brazilian Ferrari 80
5 Nick Heidfeld German BMW 56
6 Robert Kubica Polish BMW 35
7 Heikki Kovalainen Finnish Renault 30
8 Giancarlo Fisichella Italian Renault 21
9 Nico Rosberg German Williams-Toyota 15
10 Alexander Wurz Austrian Williams-Toyota 13
10= David Coulthard British Red Bull-Renault 13
12 Mark Webber Australian Red Bull-Renault 10
13 Jarno Trulli Italian Toyota 7
14 Ralf Schumacher German Toyota 5
15 Takuma Sato Japanese Super Aguri-Honda 4
16 Jenson Button British Honda 2
17 Adrian Sutil German Spyker-Ferrari 1
17= Sebastian Vettel German STR-Ferrari 1
19 Rubens Barrichello Brazilian Honda 0
19= Vitantonio Liuzzi Italian STR-Ferrari 0
19= Scott Speed USA STR-Ferrari 0
19= Anthony Davidson British Super Aguri-Honda 0
19= Sakon Yamamoto Japanese Spyker-Ferrari 0
19= Christijan Albers Dutch Spyker-Ferrari 0
19= Markus Winkelhock German Spyker-Ferrari 0

Looks like the appeal hasn't worked
Old 30 Sep 2007, 20:21 (Ref:2027289)   #25
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
From the official Formula 1 website.......

1 Lewis Hamilton British McLaren-Mercedes 107
2 Fernando Alonso Spanish McLaren-Mercedes 95
3 Kimi Räikkönen Finnish Ferrari 90
4 Felipe Massa Brazilian Ferrari 80
5 Nick Heidfeld German BMW 56
6 Robert Kubica Polish BMW 35
7 Heikki Kovalainen Finnish Renault 30
8 Giancarlo Fisichella Italian Renault 21
9 Nico Rosberg German Williams-Toyota 15
10 Alexander Wurz Austrian Williams-Toyota 13
10= David Coulthard British Red Bull-Renault 13
12 Mark Webber Australian Red Bull-Renault 10