Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Jun 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1339827)   #1351
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Le Mans 2005: My Conclusions

Final conclusion: It was a great race!
I agree with FIRE in almost everything, I am very curious about LMP1 next year with Audi, Dome, Pesca and maybe RfH running LMES....
LMP2 needs much more homework in reliability.
GT1 might be a cracker with other teams running Astons and in GT2 Panoz showed speed and Spyker significant improvement (much as I criticized them before)

Again, we have 4 simultaneous races with overtaking and battling, this is better than a 6 car race with flying water bottles!!!!!
Old 25 Jun 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1339833)   #1352
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj79
But dont u think it looked absolutely fantastic? Its the car I filmed most, despite its early exit. And Coronel waving to the Dutch fans as he deaprted on his installation lao was seminal.
Yes, it's a great looking car but Le Mans is about winning (or at least to be competative) and to race until Sunday afternoon. The car has potential but I don't like the way Spyker is running the project.
Old 26 Jun 2005, 00:16 (Ref:1340145)   #1353
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone how much time in total Vanina had at the wheel of the Rollcentre Dallara? I don't recall seeing a great deal of her despite looking out for her.

Also compared to her team mates what was her pace like?

Thanks.
Old 26 Jun 2005, 05:16 (Ref:1340213)   #1354
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj79
But dont u think it looked absolutely fantastic?
I do.

Really original from the start (I mean even the roofed ones).

The street legal model is nice too, but the dash and equipement are a little bit "show off", IMHO...

The race car is fine - and the sound too !
Old 26 Jun 2005, 09:54 (Ref:1340280)   #1355
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
Does anyone how much time in total Vanina had at the wheel of the Rollcentre Dallara? I don't recall seeing a great deal of her despite looking out for her.

Also compared to her team mates what was her pace like?

Thanks.
the rlm reports suggested that as the car was running for a period with no power steering, short and barbosa did a lot of the driving, but i definitely have a picture of her driving and remember them saying she was back in the car. someone(mowlem?)on rlm said a prototype with wide wheels and tiny steering wheel - but with the power steering gone would be almost impossible for a woman to drive round le mans. she's not exactly the biggest woman in the world so if she did do some stints then great effort.
Old 26 Jun 2005, 11:30 (Ref:1340323)   #1356
dscphotos
Rookie

France
Paris - France
dscphotos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photos of Le Mans 2005

Hi all,

I just added two new portfolio on my website about the 24 Hours of Le Mans 2005 (104 pictures).

To do so I decided to reorganize my existing portofolio and added a new one dedicated to the 24 Hours of Le Mans which contains 188 pictures (for the years 2004 and 2005).

Any comments and suggestions are welcome !

Rgds.

Last edited by Fab; 27 Jun 2005 at 05:14. Reason: Leads to virus alert.
Old 26 Jun 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1340330)   #1357
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIRE's race summary mentions that Creation had an 'anonymous race', personally, I reckon that title should go to the Oreca team. They made no impression on me whatsoever in terms of trying to hang onto the Pescarolos in some way or another like the Champion R8s. Lack of experience with the car maybe?
Old 26 Jun 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1340332)   #1358
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa
FIRE's race summary mentions that Creation had an 'anonymous race', personally, I reckon that title should go to the Oreca team. They made no impression on me whatsoever in terms of trying to hang onto the Pescarolos in some way or another like the Champion R8s. Lack of experience with the car maybe?
Oreca had indeed also a relative anonymous race. I agree about the lack of experience.
Old 26 Jun 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1340502)   #1359
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
the rlm reports suggested that as the car was running for a period with no power steering, short and barbosa did a lot of the driving, but i definitely have a picture of her driving and remember them saying she was back in the car. someone(mowlem?)on rlm said a prototype with wide wheels and tiny steering wheel - but with the power steering gone would be almost impossible for a woman to drive round le mans. she's not exactly the biggest woman in the world so if she did do some stints then great effort.
I heard martin Short in RLM around midnight mentioning Vanina was going to stop driving after the power steering failure. however she was back on the car in the morning and I also have a picture of her driving through Arnage. What i do not know is whether they had fixed the power steering...
Old 26 Jun 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1340540)   #1360
jna
Racer

jna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Warning issued by Norton Antivirus when I logged on to dscphotos,

Intrusion: MSIE File DragDrop Embed Code.
Intruder: octodsc.free.fr(212.27.40.202)(http(80)).
Risk Level: Medium.
Protocol: TCP.
Attacked IP: localhost.
Attacked Port: 2058.

AND

Intrusion detected and blocked. All communication with octodsc.free.fr(212.27.40.202) will be blocked for 30 minutes.

Any comments please?
Old 26 Jun 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1340585)   #1361
jna
Racer

Having I hope defended my PC from the aforementioned, I can now post my comment about Autosport’s poor coverage of Le Mans. Twenty-four pages devoted to six cars and the antics in America. Twelve pages to the forty-nine runners at Le Mans.

The front cover’s banner headline is reminiscent of a Sunday gutter press newspaper’s latest revelation about a soap star’s private life. Surely on this occasion the management of this magazine ought to have acknowledged the history that was made in France with the cover dedicated to a jubilant Tom Kristensen crossing the line.

TK wasn’t mentioned in the lead editorial. Two pages were wasted on a picture of a couple of grumpy men on a podium. Empty race charts full of non-runners. I could go on.

Ok, so in a way it was an historic day in America, but it deserved to take a back seat to Le Mans, an excellent race and its fans, but of course bad news is good news to the media and always will be.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 05:13 (Ref:1340719)   #1362
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jna
Warning issued by Norton Antivirus when I logged on to dscphotos,

Intrusion: MSIE File DragDrop Embed Code.
Intruder: octodsc.free.fr(212.27.40.202)(http(80)).
Risk Level: Medium.
Protocol: TCP.
Attacked IP: localhost.
Attacked Port: 2058.

AND

Intrusion detected and blocked. All communication with octodsc.free.fr(212.27.40.202) will be blocked for 30 minutes.

Any comments please?
No comment, but link deleted.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 06:19 (Ref:1340737)   #1363
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
I heard martin Short in RLM around midnight mentioning Vanina was going to stop driving after the power steering failure. however she was back on the car in the morning and I also have a picture of her driving through Arnage. What i do not know is whether they had fixed the power steering...
No they didn't
Old 27 Jun 2005, 06:41 (Ref:1340744)   #1364
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
Thanks Graham, that makes her run pretty impressive then.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 07:15 (Ref:1340772)   #1365
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
A splendid pic of the start thanks to Eric Fabre/V'Images and Infocourse...

You'll find a nice pic of the grid at the same place and thanks to the same photographer...
Old 27 Jun 2005, 07:36 (Ref:1340792)   #1366
jna
Racer

Fab,

Excellent pictures. Thank you for removing that 'virused' link. I do hope that nobody has incurred a problem after clicking on the link without suitable virus protection.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 07:44 (Ref:1340799)   #1367
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
To make it easier... Jérôme Mugnier's Virages summarized the main links to the galeries (including some official ones). More pics for afficionados...
Old 27 Jun 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1341287)   #1368
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jna
Having I hope defended my PC from the aforementioned, I can now post my comment about Autosport’s poor coverage of Le Mans. Twenty-four pages devoted to six cars and the antics in America. Twelve pages to the forty-nine runners at Le Mans.

The front cover’s banner headline is reminiscent of a Sunday gutter press newspaper’s latest revelation about a soap star’s private life. Surely on this occasion the management of this magazine ought to have acknowledged the history that was made in France with the cover dedicated to a jubilant Tom Kristensen crossing the line.

TK wasn’t mentioned in the lead editorial. Two pages were wasted on a picture of a couple of grumpy men on a podium. Empty race charts full of non-runners. I could go on.

Ok, so in a way it was an historic day in America, but it deserved to take a back seat to Le Mans, an excellent race and its fans, but of course bad news is good news to the media and always will be.
Yep - that about sum's it up.
F1 is still considered to be the "pinacle" of motor racing by the press and non-motor sports fans (whoever they are).
I have long held the opinion that it pales in comparison to sportcar racing in general and Le Mans especially.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1341417)   #1369
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
MSportUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage
F1 is still considered to be the "pinacle" of motor racing by the press and non-motor sports fans (whoever they are).
I have long held the opinion that it pales in comparison to sportcar racing in general and Le Mans especially.
I think the fiasco in America while Le Mans was celebrating new records and the end of a sporting era, should have made that clear enough. What IS wrong with people?!
Old 27 Jun 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1341458)   #1370
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
One of the most impressive cars at this years race was the Jim Gainer Dome S101 HB . Late on wednesday evening first qualifying , when the traction control cut in on the way outta Tetre Rouge was an amazing sound . Cant wait to see what they can do next year !!! well driver too .....

Vanina Ickx did a great job too , first time at LM in a proto !!!

The TVR was sad considering what the car can do . Is the Peninsula car up to the same spec as the LNT cars ? I suspect its not !

As for the Spyker , Coronel had that car sideways most of the lap , should have had Loeb in there , a great little car with some great drivers and hopefully enough wedge to get it working like it should ..... sounds magnificent too !

Very disapointed with the factory Courage effort ..... methinks Courage has way too much on his plate !

There was talk that the new weight of the Audi led to some Audi personal thinking that this was the main reason for the suspension failure on the Oreca car ? Any truth in this rumour ?
Old 27 Jun 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1341488)   #1371
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
There was talk that the new weight of the Audi led to some Audi personal thinking that this was the main reason for the suspension failure on the Oreca car ? Any truth in this rumour ?
This make sense. The suspension was designed for the 900 kg weight and now it has to carry 50 kg extra.

The Oreca chassis has suffered a lot: McNish crash in Le Mans 2004, Kaffer fireworks in LMES Spa 2004 and Gounon crash in LMES Spa 2005. Maybe the tub is not that good any more? Or it is doomed

Champion had to replace the same wishbone on the #2 Audi after McNish's off.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 23:42 (Ref:1341577)   #1372
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, the guys on the Speed broadcast said the chassis for the overall winner (Champion #3) was the last R8 chassis ever made (#605). And that was its first race.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1341999)   #1373
jna
Racer

Everything has its price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Old 28 Jun 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1342103)   #1374
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I the only one who thought that LMP2 was actually pretty good this year.

Sure the cars are fragile, but this year's battle seemed all about the things that makes Le Mans great - Battling against adversity, drivers crashing and getting the cars back, mechanics fixing them up, the lead changing between 3 cars in the last few hours. I'll also admit I'm a Tommy Erdos fan, so I took great pleasure in seeing the MG-Lola and him taking a Le Mans victory.

Often it's all down to one car still running, but this year there were a number of cars actually fighting each other and the best team, overall, won.

The LMP1 and GT1 were also good, with the tortoise beating the hare (as expected) in LMP1, but the hare doing much better than some predicted - It was certainly no walkover for Audi and Pescarolo can be proud of their second place.

GT1 was a replay of last year, with Corvette holding their nerve and Prodrive cracking, but it was still a great battle. Shame the Astons are so ugly, though...

GT2 - Not really sure what happened there, did a Porsche win?

Cheers
Old 28 Jun 2005, 21:58 (Ref:1342392)   #1375
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd question your wisdom upon thinking the Aston's are ugly (I think the new blue Cirtek car is stunning)... but then I spotted the "Marcos" in your username so I'd personally let you off the hook in an instant