Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Dec 2012, 22:20 (Ref:3181739)   #2626
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A few questions:

1. Any ideas which team DHH is joining next year? He's the most exciting gentleman driver I've come across in a while.

2. Have Mazda announced any plans yet? It's been really quiet on the Skyactiv-D front, but I'd love for a team to run one next year.

3. HVM/Status GP...Judd-BMW engine with that Lola, right?

Thanks. Trying to get caught up on stuff (perhaps stuff that's yet to happen).
Old 24 Dec 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3181743)   #2627
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
A few questions:

1. Any ideas which team DHH is joining next year? He's the most exciting gentleman driver I've come across in a while.

2. Have Mazda announced any plans yet? It's been really quiet on the Skyactiv-D front, but I'd love for a team to run one next year.

3. HVM/Status GP...Judd-BMW engine with that Lola, right?

Thanks. Trying to get caught up on stuff (perhaps stuff that's yet to happen).
1. Probably OAK, he knows the team now that he raced for them a couple of times last year and I suspect they'd be keen to have both his cash and his speed on the team.

2. Absolutely no idea.

3. Likely, was reported as such by Autosport so maybe a slight pinch of salt to the story.
Old 24 Dec 2012, 23:13 (Ref:3181760)   #2628
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe the HVM press release mentioned that Status was campaigning the same Lola-Judd it ran last year.
Old 28 Dec 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3182485)   #2629
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I believe the HVM press release mentioned that Status was campaigning the same Lola-Judd it ran last year.
Same chassis that the British kid totalled in Spa?
Old 28 Dec 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3182495)   #2630
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
And whats wrong with that ? Long gone are the days of superflexible chassis delaminations ..... this is still obviously a good chassis , as proven by many using the same chassis in multiple seasons and in multiple campaigns .

I would like to see the return of metal chassis ..... lots of research has happened with respect to metalurgy since the last P metal chassis was run .
Old 30 Dec 2012, 01:27 (Ref:3182850)   #2631
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
And whats wrong with that ?
Bad bet. You know that, don't you?
Old 30 Dec 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3182900)   #2632
jakabodix
Rookie

UK-ROI
London
jakabodix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
A few questions:

Fully agree on DHH, he's very young and fast for a gentleman driver and will be in high demand. I suspect he'll have be courted by several P2 teams and I don't see OAK as his natural destination. They only ran one P2 in the WEC last season and Nicolet was their GD. As team owner he's going nowhere, so unless a second P2 opens up - and I doubt it will given that they intend to remain in P1 as well - he's on the market. Having lost Potolicchio, surely Starworks would be a natural fit?
Old 30 Dec 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3182906)   #2633
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Bad bet. You know that, don't you?
Yeah , I guess a repair might have some effect .

Im doing structure work on airplanes , and the designs/repairs are designed to at least put the same strength back into what was the damaged section ..... but usually this involves the use of extra material thickness and reinspection work , or if possible , replace the part ..... which isnt so easy with CF ..... cuz you have to cut a damaged section out as the tub is one peice .
Old 30 Dec 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3182907)   #2634
The Badger
Veteran

IS that all DHH is "gentleman driver" !!! ..... didnt he do bloody good then . Is he not staying with Conquest then ?
Old 30 Dec 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3182918)   #2635
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
IS that all DHH is "gentleman driver" !!! ..... didnt he do bloody good then . Is he not staying with Conquest then ?
No, his stated aim for 2013 is a full WEC season. With what team, we don't know yet.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 11:05 (Ref:3182923)   #2636
jakabodix
Rookie

UK-ROI
London
jakabodix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He is a gentleman in that he's not a pro - he came to racing after making his money and, as good as he is, will never be as fast as someone who's been racing since childhood. And he has been very vocal about staying a gentleman, as it means he can race with a pair of pros and therefore have a very good shot at winning LM. Good luck to him - rich, fast drivers like him and Potolicchio are what the WEC needs.
Old 30 Dec 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3183047)   #2637
The Badger
Veteran

Doesnt matter how vocal he is with respect to staying in the "gentleman" class , if his results improve , he doesnt get to decide what class he is in . Try telling me he would throw away a win , so he doesnt move into the next cless , somehow , I think not .

And yes , rich, fast drivers like him and Potolicchio are what the WEC needs. The historical hub of sportscars .

Many sound if all they want to see is full works grids !!! ..... and sportscar racing isnt about that , imo .
Old 4 Jan 2013, 22:21 (Ref:3184820)   #2638
Kid Roberts
Rookie

Kid Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just saw where the WEC is going to Austin. I assume this means Audi, Toyota, and such?
Old 4 Jan 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3184827)   #2639
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes
Old 4 Jan 2013, 22:26 (Ref:3184830)   #2640
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I'm trying my best to attend the race. May as well go for the entire weekend which includes the ALMS race as well.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3184991)   #2641
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has it been announced what the support series are at Silverstone in April ?
I have seen that the meeting is not on the CER event list
Old 5 Jan 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3184998)   #2642
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Has it been announced what the support series are at Silverstone in April ?
I have seen that the meeting is not on the CER event list
I figured it was World Series by Renault but the Silverstone round has been scrubbed off the list.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 09:31 (Ref:3185004)   #2643
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That would be a shame - I found them moderately entertaining - unlike any of the single-seater supports I've seen to big sportscar events over the last 5 years or more.....
Old 5 Jan 2013, 09:36 (Ref:3185006)   #2644
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Support will be European Formula 3 and, if we can call it a 'support' race, ELMS.

I suspect we may gain another lightweight support, such as the Nissan GT Academy race we had last year.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 10:25 (Ref:3185016)   #2645
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Support will be European Formula 3 and, if we can call it a 'support' race, ELMS.

I suspect we may gain another lightweight support, such as the Nissan GT Academy race we had last year.
Thank you for the information.

I hope the Euro F3 has more entries than in 2011. Their races that season at Silverstone were woeful.
A 3 hour ELMS race, according to their website, should be good if the relaunch attracts a decent entry.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3185017)   #2646
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

Oh crikey........
Old 5 Jan 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3185051)   #2647
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
I hope the Euro F3 has more entries than in 2011. Their races that season at Silverstone were woeful.
With the F3 Euro Series becoming the FIA European F3 Championship this year, it certainly looks like there has been a resurgence of interest, potentially 26 cars or more (Signature may also return) -

http://www.fiaf3europe.com/

All depends on those seats being filled of course, but should hopefully be a much more respectable grid than 2011.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 14:28 (Ref:3185076)   #2648
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm quite excited about the possibility of being able to get to the Silverstone round this year after two years scuppered by work.

Good opportunity to get the tent soaking wet over the weekend ahead of the trip to Le Mans.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 15:12 (Ref:3185086)   #2649
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, it's sort of a Le Mans 'test' now instead of of a Le Mans 'top-up'!
Old 5 Jan 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3185090)   #2650
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, it's sort of a Le Mans 'test' now instead of of a Le Mans 'top-up'!
As it was back in the day.