Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 20 May 2000, 10:08 (Ref:3504)   #1
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Ok, I have just read in Autosport tha the 24 hour 2CV race has been cancelled.
Now, call me stupid, but why would anyone want to race on anyway?
I have to admit, I am not someone who "Only likes powerfull, nice looking cars" I mean, i like the fiat uno challange to start with, but why would you want to race a 2CV.
Any one race one? Or has anyone spectated a race involving 2CVs??
Let us know
Old 21 May 2000, 19:15 (Ref:3505)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You seem to be falling into the trap Lee. I do get somewhat annoyed when people denegrate a class of racing because they don't like that particular car. The 2CV races have been tremendous fumn but maybe they're getting past their prime. The 24 hours race was alway good for a laugh and that's exactly what club racin is about. I'm rather sad that one more opportunity to race for 24hours is lost. Let's hope they can bring it back next year.
Old 21 May 2000, 21:39 (Ref:3506)   #3
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You are indeed right. I am making a judgement on what I have seen.
I have never seen a 2CV race, only pictures, and from that.........
The 24 hour race was called off due to lack of interest. But as you say, club racing is about fun
Old 21 May 2000, 23:03 (Ref:3507)   #4
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw a 2CV race once at Lydden. It looked like one of those things that was more fun to participate in that to watch.

Its quite funny how they lean out of the corners though.
Old 21 May 2000, 23:54 (Ref:3508)   #5
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched 2 2CV races only yesterday!!!

About 20 cars and all completely mad!!! Three leading cars abreast into the chicane where I was at one stage... They hopped across the gravel no problems... Great little battles all the way down the field. Give me 2CV's rather than this years BTCC any day.. (only problem was that you had to wait about 5 mins for them to come round the next lap!!!)
Old 22 May 2000, 19:48 (Ref:3509)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I never said they were fast. They do however entertain.
Old 22 May 2000, 20:49 (Ref:3510)   #7
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure they'd be fun for a 20 minute sprint, but I nearly fell asleep when I saw them in a 1 hour race at Oulton last year