Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 13 Dec 2003, 01:42 (Ref:810685)   #1
jklein6419
Racer

United States
florida
jklein6419 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
worst wreck in cart this year

since there were no injuries we can analize which was the most breath taking shunt of the year. to me i would have to say elkhart during practice when tags went airborn. he rear ended monteiro i believe. what do you guys think was the worst wreck
Old 13 Dec 2003, 12:32 (Ref:810903)   #2
racefanatic
Racer

United States
Mindy
racefanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was really a great season as far as not having injuries!!! I'm proud of CART. Let's see, Tag's was really scary, but I think Bruno's crash at Surfers scared me the most. Probably just because I never really saw exactly what happened.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 19:40 (Ref:811132)   #3
jjspierx
Veteran

United States
Oregon, USA
jjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjjspierx should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tiago Monteiro had a concussion from the incident he had in practice at Cleveland. The wreck didn't look too terrible though from the replay.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 23:55 (Ref:811279)   #4
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No big crashes really, though the cancellation of Fontana prevented that, too.
Old 14 Dec 2003, 00:43 (Ref:811307)   #5
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking this just today, we haven't had a really big, newsworthy crash this year (A la Surfers Paradise 02, or Laguna Seca's Airbourne moment 01)

F1 had big Crashes for Button, Firman, and the debacle at the start at Hockenhiem

IRL, well, we all know about the IRL this year

NASCAR had it's traditional Blowovers and big ones at it's plate tracks, and even that face plant and high ride at Mitchigan.

But CART....nothing major....Surfers was probably the worst we got...Fernandez launching himself airbourne off Manning at Mexico was another little "Biggie" if you know what I mean.

It's probably very fortunate we didn't get such a big crash, as it may get CART in the papers/on the news, but a REALLY big wreck could've put one of the smaller teams out of business......
Old 14 Dec 2003, 06:33 (Ref:811400)   #6
ComicStoreGuy
Rookie

ComicStoreGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worst wreck in cart this year?

Chris Pook
Old 14 Dec 2003, 21:27 (Ref:811796)   #7
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
!!!!

Now that was funny! Not bad for a rookie! Wecome aboard ComicStoreGuy!

Danica Patrick
Old 15 Dec 2003, 12:58 (Ref:812133)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with the Bruno one at Surfers for being rather large- that flying wheel went within a foot of hitting me!
Old 15 Dec 2003, 23:35 (Ref:812632)   #9
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to be close to the action, isn't it!? That is until a wheel goes flying past you! WHEWWW...

Danica Patrick
Old 19 Dec 2003, 21:29 (Ref:816435)   #10
suzmac
Racer

United States
Cleveland, Ohio
suzmac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have to say when Tags went airborne and the fact that he didn't get hurt was amazing. Tiago said he hit his head on the tires when he crashed at his practice at the Cleveland race!

Sue