Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jul 2023, 13:59 (Ref:4166824)   #1
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2024 Calendar

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...zPrUu5izL.html
  1. February 29 – March 2 Bahrain Sakhir
  2. March 7-9 Saudi Arabia Jeddah
  3. March 22-24 Australia Melbourne
  4. April 5-7 Japan Suzuka
  5. April 19-21 China Shanghai
  6. May 3-5 Miami Miami
  7. May 17-19 Emilia Romagna Imola
  8. May 24-26 Monaco Monaco
  9. June 7-9 Canada Montreal
  10. June 21-23 Spain Barcelona
  11. June 28-30 Austria Spielberg
  12. July 5-7 United Kingdom Silverstone
  13. July 19-21 Hungary Budapest
  14. July 26-28 Belgium Spa
  15. August 23-25 Netherlands Zandvoort
  16. August 30 – September 1 Italy Monza
  17. September 13-15 Azerbaijan Baku
  18. September 20-22 Singapore Singapore
  19. October 18-20 USA Austin
  20. October 25-27 Mexico Mexico City
  21. November 1-3 Brazil Sao Paulo
  22. November 21-23 Las Vegas Las Vegas
  23. November 29 – December 1 Qatar Lusail
  24. December 6-8 Abu Dhabi Yas Marina
Suzuka moves to April, and Spa in July for the first time I can remember.
Old 5 Jul 2023, 18:35 (Ref:4166868)   #2
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
There are perhaps six countries that should not be there on human rights issues and the USA should only have one race.
Sadly Liberty are only interested in the money. I will not be surprised if they do a race in North Korea at some point!
Liberty have no morals.
Old 5 Jul 2023, 20:36 (Ref:4166880)   #3
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
  6. May 3-5 Miami Miami
Good to see the order being shuffled a bit. I think keeping the 4 American (continent) races together makes sense. Hoping for a real title race so that Vegas has additional attraction over just the glitz and glamour.

All in all, a very long season but reflective of modern F1's position on the global stage.
Old 5 Jul 2023, 20:58 (Ref:4166881)   #4
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And 5 GPs in just 6 weeks; absolutely crazy, in my opinion.
Old 5 Jul 2023, 22:16 (Ref:4166890)   #5
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
  6. May 3-5 Miami Miami
Spa the first time in July since... 2023?
Old 5 Jul 2023, 22:17 (Ref:4166891)   #6
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Cool calendar. The Spain-Austria-UK triple header is tempting for a 2024 Europe holiday.

Would love this thread to not bang on about human rights though, every country is bad in their own way, move on.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 08:24 (Ref:4166931)   #7
Derwent
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Cool calendar. The Spain-Austria-UK triple header is tempting for a 2024 Europe holiday.

Would love this thread to not bang on about human rights though, every country is bad in their own way, move on.
Sadly you are showing a complete lack of concern about people who are enslaved or indeed victims of genocide. Surely human rights should come way above that of any sport in the scale of importance?
Old 6 Jul 2023, 08:29 (Ref:4166932)   #8
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I notice there is a 4 week gap between Singapore 20-22 September and Austin 18-20 October the start of one of the final 2 triple headers.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 11:42 (Ref:4166943)   #9
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Sadly you are showing a complete lack of concern about people who are enslaved or indeed victims of genocide. Surely human rights should come way above that of any sport in the scale of importance?
Once you pull on that thread where do you draw the line? Current struggles, within the last 50, 75, 100 years? Do you count those who want out of a country they were shoved in by international decree but want to secede? It's something that is debatable and not a 6th grade exercise of they bad, they good, yeah human rights, so maybe dial back your schtick, it's poorly formed and wasted on grown-ups who know the difference
Old 6 Jul 2023, 14:21 (Ref:4166966)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
No clashes with the Le Mans 24h, Sebring 12h, Nürburgring 24h or Indianapolis 8h, which is awesome.

Does clash with the Spa 24h, which is bad.

And the British Grand Prix still clashes with Wimbledon, which is ridiculous.
Old 6 Jul 2023, 14:54 (Ref:4166969)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Suzuka moves to April...
feel like thats a great choice. Japan in October was always prone to rain/monsoon weather and while i like the rain, it must have been very difficult for the live spectators.

not sure why this choice hasent happen sooner?
Old 6 Jul 2023, 18:46 (Ref:4166999)   #12
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Far too many races - needs to drop at least 5 of them. My choices would be...

Any one from Miami/Austin/Las Vegas
Monaco and either Imola or Monza
Any two from Bahrain/Saudi Arabia/Qatar/Abu Dhabi
Old 6 Jul 2023, 22:50 (Ref:4167012)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
24 races! Holy moly!
Old 7 Jul 2023, 01:44 (Ref:4167016)   #14
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Far too many races - needs to drop at least 5 of them. My choices would be...

Any one from Miami/Austin/Las Vegas
Monaco and either Imola or Monza
Any two from Bahrain/Saudi Arabia/Qatar/Abu Dhabi
Yeah I think USA has too many races. One is fine. I do wish Brazil was still the season finale.
Old 7 Jul 2023, 04:03 (Ref:4167017)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yeah I think USA has too many races. One is fine. I do wish Brazil was still the season finale.
I also still wish Australia was the season opener.
Old 7 Jul 2023, 07:56 (Ref:4167023)   #16
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I also still wish Australia was the season opener.

Unfortunately the Aussies and the promoters of the other traditional GPs don't have the money to splash around, so don't have the "clout" to demand when their races take place.

It was bad enough, in that respect, when Bernie was the supremo but it seems to be far, far worse now that Liberty hold the reins.
Old 7 Jul 2023, 08:00 (Ref:4167024)   #17
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yeah I think USA has too many races. One is fine.
Out of interest - why do you think that?

Is it because of a view that any country should only have one race, or another factor because it is the USA?
Old 7 Jul 2023, 08:07 (Ref:4167026)   #18
Derwent
Racer

One country and one race. What about Germany and France? Two countries with a long and current involvement - France gave us the name! We should be going there rather than to countries with no motorsport heritage but loads of dosh!
Old 7 Jul 2023, 08:24 (Ref:4167035)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Once again way too many races and not enough quality. Sadly money talks. Nothing wrong with trying out new venues, but some just haven't built up enough of a following to really justify being on the calendar. When you see France and Germany off the calendar, you realise how wrong the priorities are when it comes to where F1 races are held
Old 7 Jul 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4167039)   #20
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
We should be going there rather than to countries with no motorsport heritage
How does a country without a motorsport heritage build one, so that they can be considered worthy of hosting a race? Or is it an exclusive club never to be changed?

And of course, in terms of heritage you recognise that:
The inaugural season of the WDC ran a race in the USA?
The USA is fourth on the list of F1 GPs hosted? (And still joint sixth with France if you exclude the Indy500)
Old 7 Jul 2023, 15:16 (Ref:4167082)   #21
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like this idea of one to one country based mapping in F1. I think we need to ensure that we only have one driver and team from each country. It is very logical and orderly way to do things. I know this might be a heavy hit for the teams based in the UK, but sacrifices must be made to obtain the purity that is desired.

Richard
Old 7 Jul 2023, 20:38 (Ref:4167104)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
How does a country without a motorsport heritage build one, so that they can be considered worthy of hosting a race? Or is it an exclusive club never to be changed?

And of course, in terms of heritage you recognise that:
The inaugural season of the WDC ran a race in the USA?
The USA is fourth on the list of F1 GPs hosted? (And still joint sixth with France if you exclude the Indy500)
Some countries who don't have a motorsports heritage are currently hosting F1 GPs, so having a motorsports heritage would appear to be an unnecessary requirement. How many countries that never had a motorsports heritage and who have hosted F1 GPs, have gone on to develop a thriving motorsports culture in their countries?

I agree it shouldn't be exclusive, however it does seem that the criteria for holding an F1 GP is down to how much money one has, which in itself is a form of exclusivity.
Old 7 Jul 2023, 20:44 (Ref:4167105)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
24 races! Holy moly!

It will be interesting to see if any drop off the calendar.
Old 8 Jul 2023, 21:10 (Ref:4167260)   #24
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Every journey begins with one step, and every traditional event begins with an inaugural edition.

I always liked Sepang, in part because unpredictable rains were fun, but also because they worked hard to draw crowds.

Bernie Ecclestone even had to bargain with Bahrain to have a 20,000 grandstand instead of an even smaller one.

I think it's perfectly fine to have three American races. The three venues try to draw crowds, and are located a large distance between each other.
Old 9 Jul 2023, 23:53 (Ref:4167660)   #25
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
, or another factor because it is the USA?

Don't try and make this into something it isn't.

One race per country is preferred, but two races in a country is also fine, see Nurburgring and Hockenheim.
Miami is bland and a nothing track.
Vegas was the race nobody asked for.

COTA is great, if there was another fantastic USA track then it would be no dramas at all.