Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 13 Aug 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2744185)   #26
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need patience I've decided, in all 3 races today I've ended up in 3 wrecks with people seemingly unable to know where I am/what to do. Got turned around (I think intentionally), got into by someone lapping me (dunno how) and most recently, someone had stopped in the middle of the track, nice one >_>

Ah well, one day I will have my revenge!
Old 13 Aug 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2744197)   #27
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTeK View Post
You need patience I've decided, in all 3 races today I've ended up in 3 wrecks with people seemingly unable to know where I am/what to do. Got turned around (I think intentionally), got into by someone lapping me (dunno how) and most recently, someone had stopped in the middle of the track, nice one >_>

Ah well, one day I will have my revenge!
Protest the guy... Maybe I'll learn after being warned or banned by the staff!

(Luke McLean, one of the faster guys out there, has been already banned for intentional wrecking. It served him well ).
Old 13 Aug 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2744371)   #28
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
Protest the guy... Maybe I'll learn after being warned or banned by the staff!

(Luke McLean, one of the faster guys out there, has been already banned for intentional wrecking. It served him well ).
I've started the process, I realise my driving may have been a little on the harsh side but is punting someone from behind the way to go?

Got the replay ready to send off when I get back to this machine on Sunday...
Old 14 Aug 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2744579)   #29
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
But something like GTA4 that cost a upwards of $70M still only costs about $50 per unit..

yeah, but GTA4 sells in the millions, I doubt iRacing has over 100,000 members, and the people who have all content count far less than that.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 21:54 (Ref:2744954)   #30
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I've been doing is looking at the schedule for the coming season and picking the cars/tracks around that. I wanted to do the Skippy so bought the tracks around that, which also happen to be very similar to most of the Mustang races to which I also have. Only car I brought recently was the Late Model so I can get my oval license up. Will only do the tracks I have for this, but had a great practice session the other night with Dale Jr
Old 16 Aug 2010, 06:25 (Ref:2745046)   #31
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess the real issue here is that even if you paying through the nose you still have the same issues as any otehr sim game, fault and no fault.

I like the way it's presented as a game and it is pushing the boundaris of sim gaming, the physics are superb and the tracks very real.

I, as a fan though can't justify the prices, as it seems can't many others, and it seems to me that quite a few more of us would be interested in playing if the prices were more reasonable.

For example, as Spud says, I dont mind paying a sub per month as you would on MMo's, then all new content is covered and you get every car, track etc. It does seem crass that you pay a sub and for all the content!!
Old 16 Aug 2010, 07:05 (Ref:2745055)   #32
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone got details of the license progression and cars/tracks that go with each one? i might give it one more try, depending on if i can get to a license where i can drive cars i actually enjoy at a track that turns right at least once without spending loads of time and money doing so...
Old 16 Aug 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2745081)   #33
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
anyone got details of the license progression and cars/tracks that go with each one? i might give it one more try, depending on if i can get to a license where i can drive cars i actually enjoy at a track that turns right at least once without spending loads of time and money doing so...
If you dont want the ovals then start of in the Solstice at Rookie level. Get your SR over 3.00 and do 4 races and at the end of the month you'll bounce up to D class.

From here you can do either the Mustang, Jetta, or Skip Barber on the Road Course and these pretty much go round most of the circuits on the schedule. Currently loving the Skippy, and just had a great 18 car race at VIR and managed to get a +0.48 SR which was nice.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2745128)   #34
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For iRacing, if I could pay for such a thing I would, but I just can't justify the costs for me personally. The only thing putting me off is the cost - otherwise the stories I hear of online racing is really tempting...

However, if it gets cheaper and gets bigger in terms of tracks and cars, then I'll happily jump on-board.

Like someone else said, each to their own.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2745307)   #35
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
turns out i had a $10 iracing credit already and a bit of cash left over in paypal, so i've subbed for 1month to see how i can get on. Already have a D license but only 2.58 rating due to some crashes i couldnt avoid on the ovals. like the look of the skippy but might go with the Jetta and a bunch of tracks. One thing i'd like to see tho is the ability to d/l and run a car for say a week without having to buy it first. that way you can figure out what you can handle, what you like without being lumped with paying for something you are not going to use. hope to catch a few of ya soon, maybe its 3rd time lucky for me
Old 16 Aug 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2745463)   #36
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Gil/Andy - just added you both as friends on iracing. i just had a fantastic few hours with the skip at VIR, one of my favourite tracks, certainly the best one in the USA. The skip is very like a formula ford, all mechanical grip not aero and damn fine fun to drive, if a little oversteery for my preferred setup. Doesn't take away how much fun it is tho and helped knock my license on a full 1pt this evening alone
Old 16 Aug 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2745471)   #37
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Finally got my SR over 3.00, I'm working on a setup for the advanced Leg End which is a little too understeery for myself actually. I like lots of front end bite!

Not touching league races for a few days whilst I learn Oxford Plains and the car, the red line is hilarious fun.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2745519)   #38
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
yeah the legend is an entirely different beast. it has a locked rear diff so the only way to get it to turn is to hang the backend out. my favourite real life series, its cracking entertainment. just a shame its "lost" in the ovals on iracing
Old 16 Aug 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2745535)   #39
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Quote:
Gil/Andy - just added you both as friends on iracing. i just had a fantastic few hours with the skip at VIR, one of my favourite tracks, certainly the best one in the USA. The skip is very like a formula ford, all mechanical grip not aero and damn fine fun to drive, if a little oversteery for my preferred setup. Doesn't take away how much fun it is tho and helped knock my license on a full 1pt this evening alone
Certainly, one of the best tracks in iRacing (and that's saying a lot, with Mosport, Road Atlanta, Road America, Brands Hatch, Sears Point and Watkins Glen).

I hope you enjoy your stay in iRacing
Old 16 Aug 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2745573)   #40
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Cool, will keep an eye out for you.

For the Skippy, try pushing the pressures up to 25psi all round and see how that goes. Once your comfortable start knocking them down 1psi at a time till you find a balance you like.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2746260)   #41
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
well that didn't take long for me to get annoyed again did it?!

1st time at Watkins & 1st time with the Jetta. Was doing ok, in a pack and started to settle down a few laps in. Guy comes up behind me and after a few aborted attempts at decent spots, he decides to try and go side by side up the hill after t1. i had no idea his nose was just inside and we had light contact thru t2. i'm surprised by this, drift a little wide and as i try to settle the car find myself on the wrong line, try to correct it and bam we end up in the barrier. Both our races ruined just because he was a little impatient, hammering both our ratings to boot.

its probably the only part of that track where you just dont try overtaking, even backmarkers would be tricky because its really a one line piece of track. he was only a tad quicker than me, about .2/.3 a lap if i got a good one in, but instead of a decent finish we end up next to last. wouldn't have minded but he made a perfectly clean pass on me later on at a spot where i could expect and deal with it...

probably wouldn't be quite so annoyed if i hadn't had to wait 3hrs for the race slot to come up either!
Old 24 Aug 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2749405)   #42
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
got my C license last night after finally getting a couple of clean races in at Charlotte. Damn that place is horrible but it teaches you an awfukl lot about car control and setup
Old 24 Aug 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2749705)   #43
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
I got busted, was hoping to go from Road D to C this month so was doing my races last week and got up to 2.99 SR. Did another race, quite a way through it without problems then lot it under braking at turn one and clonked the outside wall so got a -0.4! Noooo! Don't have the tracks for this week so looks like I'm stuck on D for next month to.

Oh well.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2749712)   #44
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Roberts View Post
I got busted, was hoping to go from Road D to C this month so was doing my races last week and got up to 2.99 SR. Did another race, quite a way through it without problems then lot it under braking at turn one and clonked the outside wall so got a -0.4! Noooo! Don't have the tracks for this week so looks like I'm stuck on D for next month to.

Oh well.
No, you're not

Just get over 4.0 of SR and you'll be promoted to C license (thanks to fast-track). In fact, it's possible to go from being a rookie to have a A license in a couple of days
Old 24 Aug 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2749732)   #45
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Finally I've won a race! Was a rookie Leg Ends affair so starting as far down as I did (6th or 8th or something) has no impact whatsoever at Lanier because I never raced anyone, I literally just waited my way to the front
Old 24 Aug 2010, 23:21 (Ref:2749743)   #46
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
No, you're not
Just get over 4.0 of SR and you'll be promoted to C license (thanks to fast-track). In fact, it's possible to go from being a rookie to have a A license in a couple of days
Ah cool, didn't realise that so thanks! Not in any particular rush to get my license up, just felt like racing in the Star Mazda thats all. Just got to get this week out the way as I dont own the tracks for any of the D class this week, then I can crack on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTeK View Post
Finally I've won a race! Was a rookie Leg Ends affair so starting as far down as I did (6th or 8th or something) has no impact whatsoever at Lanier because I never raced anyone, I literally just waited my way to the front
Good man! Congrats! I got my first win in the Rookie Legends at Lanier too and quite like the track now actually. The Late Model there is a blast!!
Old 25 Aug 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2750181)   #47
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not having Zandvoort i'm taking a break this week
i've been racing Skip Barber for a couple of seasons now .. even won a TT division

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Aug 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2750688)   #48
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
love Zandvoort. Had the pleasure of marshalling there a few years ago so finally can compare an iracing track to real life. its good. very, very good. might try a few races tonight along with the full VIR in the somewhat tricky VW.
Old 28 Oct 2010, 01:50 (Ref:2781429)   #49
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
New build is out now. The F1 is getting some brilliant feedback (apart from in-car noise), and everyone seems to be loving the MX5 as well.

Cant wait to get home and give it a try now!!!!
Old 28 Oct 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2781503)   #50
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
The MX-5 is so much fun it should be illegal

Do need a wheel though, NWS cars and a 360 controller mean massive crash!