Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 4 Mar 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2408973)   #1426
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Brilliant ..... Italian news article on an English web site without any explanation ..... your bright !!!
Old 4 Mar 2009, 18:47 (Ref:2409021)   #1427
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Brilliant ..... Italian news article on an English web site without any explanation ..... your bright !!!
Ya, I am a little disappointed with http://www.racingworld.it and their latest site update. They went in the opposit direction that EI did (nice)and took the english translation off their page. Even though it was only google it was a nice option, but, cest la vie!

L.P.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2409061)   #1428
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just found this on EI ..... the new Speedy Lola colors - the LMP1 kinda reminds me of the 1991 Mazda color scheme .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...?VARnewsID=291
Granted, it's sans-wing, the LMP1 doesn't appear to have gotten the same 2009 aero update as the LMP2 did. Perhaps the LMP1 kit just isn't ready yet.

Edit: Now that I look at the pics, it appears that it might, but the package differs from the LMP2 in a few ways. Maybe my eyes are starting to go...
Old 4 Mar 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2409195)   #1429
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WR's just announced they won't be at the Paul Ricard test. "A new situation, new decision ..." is the quote. Money men (Salini) have gone elsewhere after the Le Mans entry didn't get accepted, perhaps?
Old 5 Mar 2009, 00:19 (Ref:2409236)   #1430
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know their annoyance though - it's not like they are a fly by night team - Barazi too...
I do hope that they will race in 2009 - I do like their car...

And I hope Sini can find his way back into a seat - after reading a poorly translated version of the article, from his side, at least, he was screwed (or have I got it wrong???)
Old 5 Mar 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2409424)   #1431
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ya need some decent sunglass's to look at them in the sun mate !!!

One for the modelers , this one .
Haha!, defiantly some strong ones!.
But it's going to be a problem with the fans at home!. because the glare from those cars would just ruin the picture completely!
Old 5 Mar 2009, 18:12 (Ref:2409744)   #1432
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys, if you need any questions answered regarding Christian Bakkerud and his drive at Kolles TME in the LMS, please let me know.

I will be working for him this year as press officer, among other things.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 18:18 (Ref:2409747)   #1433
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind View Post
Guys, if you need any questions answered regarding Christian Bakkerud and his drive at Kolles TME in the LMS, please let me know.

I will be working for him this year as press officer, among other things.
Are you going to work for Christian or Kolles? .
Are we danes going to hear more from you this year (commentating, or other websites?)
Old 5 Mar 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2409748)   #1434
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Are you going to work for Christian or Kolles? .
Are we danes going to hear more from you this year (commentating, or other websites?)
I am working for Mr Bakkerud, I have no role with Kolles TME.

I am still working on a broadcast deal, but frankly its looking like the deal is done with someone else. I will also work for other clients in Danish racing, but this is going a bit offtopic already.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 18:28 (Ref:2409754)   #1435
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
I am working for Mr Bakkerud, I have no role with Kolles TME.

I am still working on a broadcast deal, but frankly its looking like the deal is done with someone else. I will also work for other clients in Danish racing, but this is going a bit offtopic already.
Thanks.. And sorry for the of topic!
Regarding DTM, do you if it will be show in Denmark, by who? (Again sorry for off topic)
Back on topic!
Is Bakkeruds back well enough to cope with the 24hours Le Mans?
Old 5 Mar 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2409766)   #1436
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
It is still early days, Christian has NO problems with his back so far. These days he is busy testing, and so far things are going very good!

On the DTM part, please PM me, so we dont get to far offtopic.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 18:44 (Ref:2409771)   #1437
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
It is still early days, Christian has NO problems with his back so far. These days he is busy testing, and so far things are going very good!

On the DTM part, please PM me, so we dont get to far offtopic.
Sounds good!, it would be sad to seeing him repeat his first year in Gp2, in the LMS series!. He got the talent, and should be racing with the big guys in F1!. But there loss, our gain!
Old 5 Mar 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2409829)   #1438
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
This brings to question whether the Vitaphone entry is a Lienhard chassis and they could not come to an agreement to keep Didier in the car, or if it is an ex-Penske works chassis that they will use.

Also will they pick up the LMS grid spot that is slated for the Lienhard chassis?

L.P.

Well it seems this might be a case of the former rather than latter. We should hear within the next week or so from all accounts.

L.P.
Old 7 Mar 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2410886)   #1439
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
No , they cant take a grid place under the Horag name ..... if they change the team name to Vitaphone .
Old 7 Mar 2009, 11:16 (Ref:2410916)   #1440
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
These days he is busy testing, and so far things are going very good!
Whats he been testing Aslak please ? I havent seen a pic of a Kölles R10 yet .

Any hint as to what livery or color the Kölles TME R10's will be ?

What does TME stand for ?
Old 9 Mar 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2411989)   #1441
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Whats he been testing Aslak please ? I havent seen a pic of a Kölles R10 yet .

Any hint as to what livery or color the Kölles TME R10's will be ?

What does TME stand for ?
Sorry for the late answer, been travelling..

1/ Christian has been testing his new Audi DTM car.
2/ No idea what so ever.
3/ TME manufactur electronics solutions, for radio controlled items among other things.

The correct teamname for the team in 2009 is Kolles & Heinz Union.

Last edited by Aslak Vind; 9 Mar 2009 at 10:39.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 17:07 (Ref:2412315)   #1442
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Green washing announcement from the website introduces "Solar Powered Tyre Heating System". Riiiight. Possibly mandatory in 2010. Surely it is for pre-heating?

http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s03_...e.php?news=837
Old 9 Mar 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2412336)   #1443
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
[30 min edit limit]

I mean heating the tyres behind the pits or something. Since tyre warmers (blankets) were just banned for this season...
Old 9 Mar 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2412391)   #1444
The Badger
Veteran

Why are they banned . Surely its safer to have a warm tyre than a cold tyre ? ..... And is not safety paramount !!!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2412411)   #1445
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because it is far more interesting to not have tire warmers. ALMS has been without tire warmers since its inception and the racing, while not only due to the lack of tire warmers, frankly has had better and closer racing than the lms. Out laps are more challenging and put more emphasis on the driver.
Old 10 Mar 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2412791)   #1446
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Why are they banned . Surely its safer to have a warm tyre than a cold tyre ? ..... And is not safety paramount !!!
Cost reasons? But yeah, it is controversial at the same time when ACO is so afraid of having another spectacular crash.

And how costly blankets really are? At least doesn't like yearly expense:

The blankets cost approximately £2200 per set, and with the [F1!] teams needing between 36 and 40 sets each, they are a costly - but vital - feature of the F1 pit lane. However, the blankets are at least durable - Ferrari still uses the blankets that Drury made for them in 1996.

http://www.f1network.net/main/s107/st98848.htm
Old 10 Mar 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2413286)   #1447
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christijan Albers, Charles Zwolsman, Narain Karthikeyan, Michael Krumm and Christian Bakkerud will be testing the Audi R10 TDI for Kolles at the Lausitzring the coming days.

http://autosport.nl/news/17371/sport...lles-audi.html
Old 10 Mar 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2413293)   #1448
The Badger
Veteran

Charles Zwolsman !!! ..... Is that the same Zwolsman who drove the Spice SE90's ? If so he must be ancient by now ? I cant believe Audi letting that happen ?
Old 10 Mar 2009, 22:42 (Ref:2413297)   #1449
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Probably not. I remember the Zwolsman name from some junior formula series a few years ago, maybe German F3 before there was a Euroseries. Perhaps also Champcar in the series' last years, but I might be wrong with that one...
Old 10 Mar 2009, 22:45 (Ref:2413300)   #1450
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Zwolsman