Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Mar 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2850825)   #1
BMWHog
Rookie

BMWHog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Highcroft Racing running full ALMS 2011 season??(not with HPD?)

I have every reason to believe that Highcroft racing will run the entire season in ALMS in the HPD. I'm without a doubt sure because there is one key fact in this case. Post your thought on Highcroft racing running here but i doubt theres much else to say.

Highcroft racing is not entered for the 24 hours of Lemans TEST DAY

Theres a very good reason why. Because they will be racing in the ALMS the weekend before. Sorry Duncan Dayton you couldn't fool us for long.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2850828)   #2
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I speculated the same thing you did in one of the Le Mans threads, but they could be skipping on the test day because they do not have the money to send everything to France for the test day. In the end, I don't know. Would the ARX-01e body kit be competitive on high downforce tracks like Baltimore and Lime Rock? Of course, the competition may only be the Cytosport Aston and the Dyson Lola so I guess it could be ok. Granted, I think the factory Aston team is planning on running a few of the races and we don't really know how that car will stack up. Anyway, I think Highcroft could skip Long Beach and still be able to win the ALMS championship unless the ALMS really restricts the Highcroft car or gives the Lolas a boost for the sake of the show. I'm pretty sure they did that to the Cytosport Porsche to help them last year.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2850833)   #3
BMWHog
Rookie

My problem with that is that highcroft surely has enough money to run the lemans test day if they miss the entire ALMS season. The cost to go to lemans test day is surely equivalent to only one race. In that case if they went to the lemans test day, they would leave the car in europe at wirth research in britain and do test on the european tracks.

honestly i would like to see Honda step up with cash and make sure this program suceeds. If honda does not step up in 2012 with the closed coupe HPD i will be throughly dissapointed.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2850836)   #4
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Duncan has the money to do that, but it is up to him to decide how he wants to spend his money. Who knows what his priorities are. Keep in mind that Highcroft is trying to establish an IRL team as well so Duncan needs money for that unless they already have an IRL sponsor.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 22:05 (Ref:2850837)   #5
BMWHog
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I'm sure Duncan has the money to do that, but it is up to him to decide how he wants to spend his money. Who knows what his priorities are. Keep in mind that Highcroft is trying to establish an IRL team as well so Duncan needs money for that unless they already have an IRL sponsor.
Oh thats right i completely forgot. Your absolutely right. He is planning an IRL team. That maybe why we dont see them in the ALMS. That would be horribly dissapointing.

Honda do us a favor and give highcroft racing the well earned money they deserve for making you guys look extremely good week in and week out. I really highcroft stays in the ALMS
Old 21 Mar 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2850846)   #6
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
You also have to wonder who they would race in ALMS. There are not a lot of competitors in LMP1: Muscle Milk and Dyson.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 03:34 (Ref:2850961)   #7
TerribleWone
Rookie

TerribleWone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all know how well it turned out the last time a former HPD/Acura team tried to step into the IRL... That said Highcroft are on another level than most teams in ALMS...
Old 22 Mar 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2851131)   #8
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well they were still testing yesterday. Brilliant onboard video from Highcroft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_IrB4N364
Old 22 Mar 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2851199)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Love the flames outta the back of that thing .

I thought if a team had a new car , they had to be there ?

Its still the same tub , with differant running gear , so , I dont know about that rule anymore ?
Old 22 Mar 2011, 13:24 (Ref:2851219)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Love the flames outta the back of that thing .

I thought if a team had a new car , they had to be there ?

Its still the same tub , with differant running gear , so , I dont know about that rule anymore ?
Maybe the test days rule is like the fin rule - if the car (or a model of its tub) has already been to LeMans it doesn't need to be there for the test; like if the tub has been homologated it doesn't need a fin.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 13:25 (Ref:2851223)   #11
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Well they were still testing yesterday. Brilliant onboard video from Highcroft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_IrB4N364

This video has been removed by the user.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 13:35 (Ref:2851236)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
This video has been removed by the user.
That's weird. Marino just tweeted the video link about 2 hours ago. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be shared?
Old 22 Mar 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2851367)   #13
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very interesting. Might have been something in there they decided they didn't want people to see?
Old 23 Mar 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2852046)   #14
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
For those who missed it, the video has returned.

http://www.highcroftracing.com/news/...g-hot-lap.html
Old 23 Mar 2011, 19:32 (Ref:2852065)   #15
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleWone View Post
We all know how well it turned out the last time a former HPD/Acura team tried to step into the IRL... That said Highcroft are on another level than most teams in ALMS...
If you're referring to Fernandez, they were in the IRL for about 3 years (after leaving Champ Car) before doing the ALMS program. They just couldn't fund either one of them when they lost the Lowe's sponsorship in ALMS

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 23 Mar 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2852068)   #16
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
If you're referring to Fernandez, they were in the IRL for about 3 years (after leaving Champ Car) before doing the ALMS program. They just couldn't fund either one of them when they lost the Lowe's sponsorship in ALMS
He's probably talking about de Ferran.