Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2486690)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
I was a bit surprised when I saw the article about David Richards complaining the his 009 car had been reduced to 2 drivers after Hall was excluded, saying it was unfair for only 2 drivers to do 18 or so hours. Yet, Lotterer and Zwolsman, both rookies, did the whole race themselves
Consider in the first place why there is 3 drivers per car .

Consider that Karthikeyan dislocated his shoulder falling off a wall while emptying his bladder ..... Audi doc said that he was fit to race , ACO doc says no .

And them the ACO excluding a driver for a mistake .

I dont want to hear a word from the ACO about safety issues ..... they suit themselves !!!
Old 16 Jun 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2486691)   #2
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Consider in the first place why there is 3 drivers per car .

Consider that Karthikeyan dislocated his shoulder falling off a wall while emptying his bladder ..... Audi doc said that he was fit to race , ACO doc says no .

And them the ACO excluding a driver for a mistake .

I dont want to hear a word from the ACO about safety issues ..... they suit themselves !!!
Well lets takes those 2 cases separately!.
The 1. with Karthikeyan.
How would it look, if Karthikeyan crashed the R10 into another car, crew or making damage to others, because of the shoulder!. Who would get blamed for letting him race!, Not the Audi doc, but the ACO doc!.. the ACO doc must be abel to say 100% guarantee that the driver is fit to drive, because of safety!

The 2. with Stuart Hall.
It's hard to say wether he should been have excluded or just gotten a Stop & Go penalty. But again, if Hall made another one of these VERY stupid mistakes, then the ACO would get a lot of criticism for letting him drive..

You must take into consideration, that ACO must do what is safest, because everything else would cause even bigger problems!
Old 18 Jun 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2486692)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Well lets takes those 2 cases separately

You must take into consideration, that ACO must do what is safest, because everything else would cause even bigger problems!
I have . The ACO didnt influence the Karthikeyan incident at all , and questions were raised pre race as to the capability of the 2 remaining drivers with respect to fatigue . That was down to the Audi & ACO doctors .

With respect to the Hall/AMR incident , the ACO very much influenced the driver squad by suspending Hall , which I feel was irresponsible of them , considering it is them (ACO) who decided in the first place that each entry has 3 drivers per entry on safety grounds .
Old 19 Jun 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2486725)   #4
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
If you read the sporting regulations (article 6.1.2), it only says there is a maximum of three drivers per car, NOT that three drivers per car are compulsory.

It's up to the teams to decide their squad number, although I agree all now consider 3 is the ideal number.
Old 19 Jun 2009, 22:38 (Ref:2486747)   #5
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isn't the only real regulation on this subject (other than the one Steve Tarrant points out) is that a driver must maximum race 14 hours of the race!?
Old 20 Jun 2009, 08:00 (Ref:2486807)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

Well ..... when Bam won GT2 a few years back ..... Hindrey only did an opening stint and took the flag . The rest was done by Lieb-Rockenfeller .

Im sure that some teams plan it this way , Bam being the example used , but I also seem to remember a simler agreement with respect to Felbermayr last year .

I wasnt aware that the ACO only says that 3 are maximum , but not compulsory , strange . I guess I presumed wrongly . I wonder how many of the teams are aware of this , and not presumed as I did ....
Old 20 Jun 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2487016)   #7
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well every team should know, as Steve pointed out, it is clearly stated in Art. 6.1.3 of the S.R. for Le Mans. ( Here on pg. #9) If they do not know, it is through their own ineptitude.

L.P.