Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Apr 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2664875)   #1026
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
I think they're 2 separate projects; the Peugeot engine will be a race engine. The WR V8 is made out of 80% Peugeot parts. Interesting if they're 908 parts; but I would think it's eight pistons and other parts from the road car V6 (just like the LMP675 V6 and turbo-4 used Peugeot parts already).
I wonder why they are going for P1 instead of P2 then?
Old 1 Apr 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2664886)   #1027
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I wonder why they are going for P1 instead of P2 then?
Yeah, that struck me also. But I guess if they want to pay to have it homologated as a race engine. Oh bien, telle est la vie!

L.P.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2665084)   #1028
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Acording with autosport, Kolles will be on Spa
Old 3 Apr 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2666040)   #1029
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Mulsanne's Corner has photos and video links from Audi R15+ testing at Monza. The are a few more details pointed out in the latest photos. In the testing footage, the Audis clearly blow straight through the Variente Prima on their way to Curva Grande. I don't know if this is normal for testing, but it caught my attention. I also noticed that the portion of the Retifilio Tribuno that the first chicane bypasses has been repaved fairly recently.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2666173)   #1030
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Could be they wanted high speed running, so dispensed with chicanes where possible? Interesting that they had both chassis there, too.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2666183)   #1031
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They do that from time to time, I know last year they also did it when Aston Martin was testing there. High-speed testing it is indeed.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 03:50 (Ref:2668034)   #1032
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
Acording with autosport, Kolles will be on Spa
Preparing for Le Mans like many others I take it? It would be nice to see them for the whole season though.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2668266)   #1033
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Could be they wanted high speed running, so dispensed with chicanes where possible? Interesting that they had both chassis there, too.
Sounds likely. What was a little disturbing on the YouTube video was the bottoming out of the cars over the bump where the chicane cut rejoins the usual layout - suprised Audi would risk a hefty shunt for the sake of 100 metres of extra straight.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2668283)   #1034
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87 View Post
Sounds likely. What was a little disturbing on the YouTube video was the bottoming out of the cars over the bump where the chicane cut rejoins the usual layout - suprised Audi would risk a hefty shunt for the sake of 100 metres of extra straight.

But wasn't it on the top end where they were lacking last year vs the Pug? That would suggest such testing, even if only another 100 meters, is critical.
dh
Old 7 Apr 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2668288)   #1035
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thing is its more than 100 metres ....because of no chicane the braking distance and force is less. I dare say that the test isnt just about top speed as such but high speed stability. Going through curva grande faster may load up the chassis and suspension in a similar way that the run down to Indianapolis at La Sarthe.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2668446)   #1036
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Not taking the chicane adds another 320m of straight before Curva Grande (1505m instead of 1185m). Also, if you can take Curva Grande flat, you get an even longer run, and a better gauge of your top-end and high-speed stability. Unless you're going to rent out the Nordschleife, cutting the first chicane at Monza is about the only way to get a "straight" of the length you have to deal with at Le Mans, four times a lap. The longest piece of the Mulsanne is the first segment, which measures 1850m.

I'd be curious just what the specific top-end was that the Audis were getting in their tests. The Peugeot 908s were hitting 327km/h during the 1000km weekend in 2008, with the chicane of course. And yes, Curva Grande definitely changes when you're entering it with an extra 60-70mph.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2668519)   #1037
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best photo yet of Alan McNish driving the R15 plus.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...0&id=750833400
Old 17 Apr 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2674471)   #1038
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quick question about the Algarve race, if anyone can help me!

It might be still early but I'm trying to find out which support races will be there for the weekend. I've seen that the Group C Historics will be there but that's about it. Does anyone have more information?

I'm planning on going and trying to convince some friends to come along with me. Gotta try to spread the joy of these beautiful cars! Any there's a discount for tickets + paddock access until end of May so.

Thanks!
Old 17 Apr 2010, 23:19 (Ref:2674530)   #1039
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Radical European Masters. No CER however.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2674539)   #1040
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do you mean this: http://www.radicalsportscars.com/racing/radical-masters ?

They don't seem to have Algarve on the calendar. They'll be at Zandvoort in July and then Hungary in August.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2674735)   #1041
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Quick question about the Algarve race, if anyone can help me!

It might be still early but I'm trying to find out which support races will be there for the weekend. I've seen that the Group C Historics will be there but that's about it. Does anyone have more information?

I'm planning on going and trying to convince some friends to come along with me. Gotta try to spread the joy of these beautiful cars! Any there's a discount for tickets + paddock access until end of May so.

Thanks!
According to the circuit website the Group C Historic racing is 25 April. It's all on the LMS website - we went to the Algarve last year (Hockenheim instead of this LMS for us this year.). Ticket includes paddock on the LMS website, the Algarve race is like 39 € - we paid 50€ pp for Paul Ricard last weekend. Hungary is the best at 20€ for the weekend. Right now they are showing no support races for the Algarve. CER did Paul Ricard, doing Spa in a couple weekends and Silverstone in September and they have a Monza race and an October Paul Ricard race on their schedule.

This is from the circuit website: The Le Mans Series returns to AIA for the second edition of the night race! Don't miss the chance to watch great drivers like Jean Alesi, Nigel Mansell, Giancarlo Fisichella and Olivier Panis, among other great national drivers, racing in cars such as Aston Martin, Ferrari, Saleen or Zytek, among others! Don't miss the 35% promotion until May 31st and the special ticket package PACK 4 (4 tickets for the price of 3, with the 35% discount on top!
Old 18 Apr 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2674772)   #1042
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
According to the circuit website the Group C Historic racing is 25 April. It's all on the LMS website - we went to the Algarve last year (Hockenheim instead of this LMS for us this year.). Ticket includes paddock on the LMS website, the Algarve race is like 39 € - we paid 50€ pp for Paul Ricard last weekend. Hungary is the best at 20€ for the weekend. Right now they are showing no support races for the Algarve. CER did Paul Ricard, doing Spa in a couple weekends and Silverstone in September and they have a Monza race and an October Paul Ricard race on their schedule.

This is from the circuit website: The Le Mans Series returns to AIA for the second edition of the night race! Don't miss the chance to watch great drivers like Jean Alesi, Nigel Mansell, Giancarlo Fisichella and Olivier Panis, among other great national drivers, racing in cars such as Aston Martin, Ferrari, Saleen or Zytek, among others! Don't miss the 35% promotion until May 31st and the special ticket package PACK 4 (4 tickets for the price of 3, with the 35% discount on top!
Thanks Carol!
Just had another look at the Circuit site and you are right. It seems Group C was moved to April. The Events and Activities page still had Group C in July. The Group C site also has the April date. No CER, no Radicals, it seems.
July is not an easy month during the day with the heat.

The PACK 4 is 57 € for the weekend or 49€ for Sunday (or Race day I think) and the extra Paddock ticket is 40€, and that's for 4 tickets, so roughly 23-25 € per person.
I live in Lisbon so it's just over an hour from here.

Preparation for a possible jump to Le Mans next year!
Old 18 Apr 2010, 18:20 (Ref:2675135)   #1043
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks Carol!
Just had another look at the Circuit site and you are right. It seems Group C was moved to April. The Events and Activities page still had Group C in July. The Group C site also has the April date. No CER, no Radicals, it seems.
July is not an easy month during the day with the heat.

The PACK 4 is 57 € for the weekend or 49€ for Sunday (or Race day I think) and the extra Paddock ticket is 40€, and that's for 4 tickets, so roughly 23-25 € per person.
I live in Lisbon so it's just over an hour from here.

Preparation for a possible jump to Le Mans next year!
glad you got the infomation you needed - we spent a day in Lisbon after the race last year - lovely city. This year we opted for the Hockenheim F1 race because of Schumi's return in lieu of this one - your 25 euro pp is a bargain compared to the 812 USD for two pieces of plastic rental real estate for Hockenheim!!! enjoy the Algarve race. I really like the swimming pool in the paddock, very unusual. LeMans 24h is really nice, you would enjoy it.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2675136)   #1044
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
When can we expect the official entry list for Spa to be published?
Old 18 Apr 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2675228)   #1045
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Group C will definitely not be at Portimao with LMS.

It was on their plans, but the April date was apparently much cheaper
Old 18 Apr 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2675229)   #1046
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The deadline for Spa entries was April 9th, so I guess soon ;-)
Old 18 Apr 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2675314)   #1047
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Do you mean this: http://www.radicalsportscars.com/racing/radical-masters ?

They don't seem to have Algarve on the calendar. They'll be at Zandvoort in July and then Hungary in August.
I'm sorry, I keep those two mixing up... Although I won't be surprised if the Zandvoort round is replaced by Portimao, since the Dutch Radical Cup was already cancelled and no announced support programm yet.
Old 18 Apr 2010, 22:21 (Ref:2675368)   #1048
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
glad you got the infomation you needed - we spent a day in Lisbon after the race last year - lovely city. This year we opted for the Hockenheim F1 race because of Schumi's return in lieu of this one - your 25 euro pp is a bargain compared to the 812 USD for two pieces of plastic rental real estate for Hockenheim!!! enjoy the Algarve race. I really like the swimming pool in the paddock, very unusual. LeMans 24h is really nice, you would enjoy it.
Ouch! It should be interesting though. I'm sure the Germans will be very happy to see their 'king' again, even if he's washed up
My 25 euros might go up a notch once I take into account gas and other expenses.
I planned on going to Le Mans this year but my job doesn't make it easy to disappear mid-month but I'll have to stick it to them next year, I don't care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Group C will definitely not be at Portimao with LMS.

It was on their plans, but the April date was apparently much cheaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep
I'm sorry, I keep those two mixing up... Although I won't be surprised if the Zandvoort round is replaced by Portimao, since the Dutch Radical Cup was already cancelled and no announced support programm yet.
So I started out with Group C being there. Now, I have no support races!

I should be able to sell it just based on seeing up close a bunch of Porsches and Ferraris, and a couple of pretty Astons and Spykers. It's hard saying no to them and the sounds they make!
Old 18 Apr 2010, 23:28 (Ref:2675419)   #1049
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So I started out with Group C being there. Now, I have no support races!

I should be able to sell it just based on seeing up close a bunch of Porsches and Ferraris, and a couple of pretty Astons and Spykers. It's hard saying no to them and the sounds they make!
But one of those Astons has the BUTT UGLY paint scheme of Signature.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 09:05 (Ref:2675637)   #1050
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
But one of those Astons has the BUTT UGLY paint scheme of Signature.
Easy - just close your eyes and listen to it!