Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Nov 2023, 21:21 (Ref:4185060)   #376
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll be back to normal in a few years when the manufacturers run away again.... then we'll wish we still had the likes of Glickenhaus.....
Old 7 Nov 2023, 21:26 (Ref:4185062)   #377
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, we're at the high of the conjuncture wave, it will become the low wave in the (near or not so near) future inevitably, just like the doldrums years of '92 and '93.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 21:35 (Ref:4185063)   #378
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Silly boy!

90% sellout of grandstands in two hours this year. Absolutely mental.
20 years ago you could just drive over and get camping and GE.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 21:45 (Ref:4185065)   #379
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, that is what I did in the late '90s and early '00s. Arrive on the wednesday, go to the Rotunda, ask for campsite and GEs. Stayed on Houx, Houx Annexe, Technoparc, Karting Nord, Beausejour, Tertre Rouge (!), Garage Vert, all over the place.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 23:42 (Ref:4185079)   #380
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Popularity has its price. Seems that the same thing is happening in the US at the Petit Le Mans. The more popular an event becomes the more it changes.
Old 8 Nov 2023, 10:09 (Ref:4185106)   #381
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
In the early days you just turned up and bought tickets on the gate, i remember when they started restricting access by issuing camoing tickets early and sending out printed camping passes. one group that camped near me (in houx annexx)were proud that they had ordered just 1 camping ticket and got a printer friend to produce over 20 copies for there group. i was not surprised that the ACO soon wised up to that. Als saw this year where problems on the gate could have been caused by unscrupilous multiple sellers.
Old 8 Nov 2023, 11:13 (Ref:4185109)   #382
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
BSJ isn't bad, although I've only been there once. A chap near me had all his bedding stolen during the race last year, which was somewhat unpleasant. Shutting the bar and cafe at race end was also inconvenient for some.

I do have a deposit for Porsche Curves with TD, just need to wait for them to confirm.
That’s really awful!,

on the same subject were their any independent bars and cafes inside BSJ this year or was it just the fanzone with usual beer/ food options as in the strip behind GS’s on airport side?
Old 8 Nov 2023, 11:17 (Ref:4185110)   #383
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was just the fan zone.
Old 8 Nov 2023, 15:36 (Ref:4185138)   #384
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
That’s really awful!,

on the same subject were their any independent bars and cafes inside BSJ this year or was it just the fanzone with usual beer/ food options as in the strip behind GS’s on airport side?
From what I recall there was a bar on top of the (spectator) banking at the Porsche curves correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 8 Nov 2023, 15:49 (Ref:4185140)   #385
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes but that wasn't part of BSJ AFIK and I couldn't find it.
Old 8 Nov 2023, 16:46 (Ref:4185148)   #386
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
From what I recall there was a bar on top of the (spectator) banking at the Porsche curves correct me if I'm wrong.
That one is still there - a long walk round the track through BSJ (follow signs for Village on the Curves) and it's 100 m or so straight on past them. Possibly easier to come in from allotment path (just inside circuit on other side of bridge by TD Porsche curves site) head south and turn right through the camper van field.

Some of the other food vendors on long way in to BSJ (first right and then by first left corner) seemed to have disappeared this year.
Old 9 Nov 2023, 10:20 (Ref:4185226)   #387
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's just insane now that there's no way of getting tickets independently unless you're a member. I'm not sure I could be bothered with the faff (and the cost!). Congratulations on everyone who persevered to get what they wanted!

I'm off-site for 2024. Much easier to sort out, and cheaper too
Old 9 Nov 2023, 11:59 (Ref:4185236)   #388
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
It's just insane now that there's no way of getting tickets independently unless you're a member. I'm not sure I could be bothered with the faff (and the cost!). Congratulations on everyone who persevered to get what they wanted!

I'm off-site for 2024. Much easier to sort out, and cheaper too
Do not give up, i suspect when the agencies tell people what they have from them some people who got stuff in the aco lottery will have spares and will d`ecide what they want and what they need to pass on
Old 9 Nov 2023, 12:22 (Ref:4185238)   #389
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think there is bound to be a fair bit of that...
Old 10 Nov 2023, 02:43 (Ref:4185303)   #390
jcrb
Rookie

jcrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
I managed to get Houx at about 10:15. According to the map where I selected my pitch, there were only about 50 pitches left.
So which campgrounds have assigned spots vs FCFS?
Old 10 Nov 2023, 07:52 (Ref:4185311)   #391
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrb View Post
So which campgrounds have assigned spots vs FCFS?
Only Houx and Houx Annexe.
Old 10 Nov 2023, 10:18 (Ref:4185321)   #392
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An email just received from the ACO implies that they have indeed held back full week + grandstand seats which will only become available to purchase when tickets go on sale to the general public on the 15th. No mention of further camping tickets.
Old 10 Nov 2023, 10:27 (Ref:4185322)   #393
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The email I got said:

Available exclusively to ACO Members since 7 November, tickets for the 2024 24 Hours of Le Mans are selling fast! The last few “Race Week Admission + Grandstand” tickets will go on sale on Wednesday 15 November at 10:00 CET.

You can also still book Race Week, Weekend and Practice/Qualifying tickets as well as Camping passes.
Old 10 Nov 2023, 10:32 (Ref:4185323)   #394
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Got the same. suspect the lesser grandstands only TBH. As you said i doubt they will have much camping left by next week
Old 10 Nov 2023, 10:34 (Ref:4185324)   #395
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by valedave View Post
The email I got said:

Available exclusively to ACO Members since 7 November, tickets for the 2024 24 Hours of Le Mans are selling fast! The last few “Race Week Admission + Grandstand” tickets will go on sale on Wednesday 15 November at 10:00 CET.

You can also still book Race Week, Weekend and Practice/Qualifying tickets as well as Camping passes.
Interesting - my email doesn't say 'the last few'.... It just says -

From November 15, the ticket office will open to the general public, and new "Week Admission + Grandstand" Tickets will go on sale. You will access this new opportunity to get tickets.
Old 10 Nov 2023, 11:54 (Ref:4185331)   #396
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Interesting - my email doesn't say 'the last few'.... It just says -

From November 15, the ticket office will open to the general public, and new "Week Admission + Grandstand" Tickets will go on sale. You will access this new opportunity to get tickets.
Yes, this is the email I was referring to.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 14:57 (Ref:4186009)   #397
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, today I received an e mail from Motorsport Tickets asking me to choose my package and submit a deposit. So, I phoned them and they conformed that I have a two person pitch at Porsche Curves. They'll be coming back to me next month to sort out crossings and any ticketing I may need. For a single person it is quite expensive but the location is good for getting to Arnage and Indy, plus viewing the final hour or so of the race.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 15:25 (Ref:4186021)   #398
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good to be sorted Peter.
Old 15 Nov 2023, 17:38 (Ref:4186036)   #399
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just received an e mail from 1st tickets. The following is a quote:

"Our allocation for the most popular campsites was not increased (and in some cases reduced) by the circuit, but we have been allocated additional spaces on some of the campsites added last year, namely Hippodrome and Clos Fleuri plus spaces on the new campsite Prairie.

After fulfilling our existing customer renewals, we, currently, have no spaces available on the Tertre Rouge, Houx, Houx Annexe, Garage Vert or Epinettes campsites. Our stock levels for Hippodrome, Arnage and Mulsanne are extremely limited.

It is a similar position with grandstand availability. Currently we have no availability for T04 Panorama, T05 Goodyear, T17 ACO, T18 Durand and T19 Lagache. Our availability in all other grandstands is very limited"

I feel the ACO is making a mistake here. They can't be making more money from the members/public than they do from the agents. Are they trying to get rid of the agents?
Old 15 Nov 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4186040)   #400
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just received an e mail from 1st tickets. The following is a quote:

"Our allocation for the most popular campsites was not increased (and in some cases reduced) by the circuit, but we have been allocated additional spaces on some of the campsites added last year, namely Hippodrome and Clos Fleuri plus spaces on the new campsite Prairie.

After fulfilling our existing customer renewals, we, currently, have no spaces available on the Tertre Rouge, Houx, Houx Annexe, Garage Vert or Epinettes campsites. Our stock levels for Hippodrome, Arnage and Mulsanne are extremely limited.

It is a similar position with grandstand availability. Currently we have no availability for T04 Panorama, T05 Goodyear, T17 ACO, T18 Durand and T19 Lagache. Our availability in all other grandstands is very limited"

I feel the ACO is making a mistake here. They can't be making more money from the members/public than they do from the agents. Are they trying to get rid of the agents?
Remember that's 'after fulfilling our existing customer renewals'. I would imagine they have a very large customer base. (Including me). It's those who have enquired and registered for the first time that are very likely to miss out.