Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Sep 2003, 05:38 (Ref:733587)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Kristensen/Capello in a Murcielago ?

According to the Auto Hebdo french magazine, Kristensen/Capello could enter a Murcielago at the next FIA-GT round in Monza... any news or comments ?

Last edited by Fab; 29 Sep 2003 at 05:38.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 06:34 (Ref:733626)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was also in Autosport on Thrusday - after all the car has been developed by Audi Sport............
Old 29 Sep 2003, 07:22 (Ref:733659)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Rob, what did they say about the car ? What are they expecting in terms of performances ?

I think this is great news to have a brand new car on the GT grid for next year, and if they (I mean Audi) involve as they did for the prototypes... gosh, we should have some great races !
Old 29 Sep 2003, 11:00 (Ref:733916)   #4
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comments... if the above is true I expect the car to be practically invincible, not to mention gorgeous. Should make for an interesting addition to an already impressive GT(S?) grid.
Let's hope it's up and running for the Big One!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 14:13 (Ref:734130)   #5
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
This is, I presume, the Reiter engineering car that was due to debut at estoril with Kox and Gavin but will not now be ready in time for the Portugese race.
Old 29 Sep 2003, 14:34 (Ref:734152)   #6
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually on the FIA site it says that the car tested for 2 days with Capello at the wheel and the site which was just updated today says the car is still on course to make its debut this weekend. I don't know why they would test..enter and then not race?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 15:00 (Ref:734175)   #7
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Well lets hope I'm wrong then!

Herr Reiter told me several days ago that it was touch and go for estoril and we now hear that the car will debut at Monza
Old 29 Sep 2003, 15:03 (Ref:734178)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Sorry to ask, but when is the Monza race planned ? Next week-end ?
Old 29 Sep 2003, 17:01 (Ref:734346)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Monza is the same weekend as PLM
Old 29 Sep 2003, 18:27 (Ref:734447)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Hence no Kox and Gavin!
Old 29 Sep 2003, 19:58 (Ref:734537)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow the VAG juggernaut plows forward into GTS, and now all manufacturers are sure to follow suit and oh boy oh boy
Old 29 Sep 2003, 20:11 (Ref:734545)   #12
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Well that's one possibility but then again if a manufacturer comes out and blows everyone else away where's the incentive to join in later?

It needs VERY careful management if we are to avoid another implosion like GT1
Old 29 Sep 2003, 20:32 (Ref:734560)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
clever...
Old 29 Sep 2003, 22:19 (Ref:734648)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
Well that's one possibility but then again if a manufacturer comes out and blows everyone else away where's the incentive to join in later?

It needs VERY careful management if we are to avoid another implosion like GT1
True but I dont think another GT1 situation will happen - at least I hope it wont. I think Ratel has learnt from the GT1 era and now knows what is needed to strike a balance thats good for everyone. Ratel is a good guy and knows his stuff I have faith.

As for Lambourgini coming in and blowing everyone away, well yeah that is a possibilty, but lets not forget this is NOT a full blown factory effort, it is a Works team. Its slightly differnt and not quite as big a commitment as a full blown factory team like Maserati's effort will be.

I think its going to be a very good contest next year, with the JMB Ferrari 575s, BMS Ferrari 550s, Reiter Lambourginis and factory Maserati's, will the Lister and Saleen's be competitve? I dont know really. Sure if Konrad enters 2 cars one for himself and a pro, and another car with 2 pro drivers or some other combination then I think the Saleens will be up there with the Maseratis and Lambourginis, if however he runs like he has this year I fear he will be just a best of the rest entry..
Old 29 Sep 2003, 23:35 (Ref:734691)   #15
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sure if Konrad enters 2 cars one for himself and a pro, and another car with 2 pro drivers or some other combination then I think the Saleens will be up there with the Maseratis and Lambourginis, if however he runs like he has this year I fear he will be just a best of the rest entry..
...and gets a gearbox that will last for longer than two hours....
Old 30 Sep 2003, 00:26 (Ref:734714)   #16
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That hasnt been a problem of late though has it. Guonon was the problem there. Now hes gone things are going just fine....
Old 30 Sep 2003, 00:58 (Ref:734720)   #17
nsxr
Racer

nsxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
please send of these cars to japan to help out team jloc. they've been running for sooo long with no help. it be nice to see them get some good results
Old 30 Sep 2003, 01:10 (Ref:734725)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Which cars do u mean NSXR? The Saleen S7R?
Old 30 Sep 2003, 05:02 (Ref:734833)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:

... and ice-skating on Eurosport, I suppose
Old 30 Sep 2003, 05:04 (Ref:734837)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Gounon was the problem there.
Really ? Why ? :confused:
Old 30 Sep 2003, 13:27 (Ref:735325)   #21
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the DSC boys (graham) were right again...doubt them at your peril...as I have found out. The car will not debut until Monza (spare parts issue).
Old 30 Sep 2003, 18:26 (Ref:735667)   #22
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Really ? Why ? :confused:
The general feeling both here and on the DSC forums was that Guonon was a little rough with the car and the gearbox, and therefore after his stint things went down hill for Seiler and Konrad. Thats what happened anyway.

Is it just coincidence that since the Anderstorp round when Lechnr joined the Konrad team that the car has finished every race? And that since Guonon has joined Creation to drive their 2nd Lister storm they have failed to finish a single race?

I dont have anything against Guonon, he is super quick as we all know but recently hes had problems getting the car to the finish line for one reason or another I think.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 22:10 (Ref:735973)   #23
C_g
Racer

C_g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It was also in Autosport on Thrusday - after all the car has been developed by Audi Sport............
Actually the car is being developed by Reiter Engineering, with some technical and personnel assistance from Audi Sport. So not a full works program by any means. Of course Audi has an interest in Reiter being successful with the car, as they are Lambo's parent company (or VAG is at least), so they're lending help.

Anyway, it's good to see Capello and Kristensen in a race car though, something of which they've done much to little this year. I wonder how the 2-day test mentioned above went? Must not have been that good if they decided to postpone the race debut to Monza. Hope they get the car sorted. I'm sure they will.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 07:22 (Ref:736288)   #24
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
I dont have anything against Guonon, he is super quick as we all know but recently hes had problems getting the car to the finish line for one reason or another I think.
... and he needs a super tough gearbox ! I understand now... thanks Saleen S7R !

Other thing : it's official, the Murciellago won't be at Estoril (lack of reliability ?). We'll have to wait till Monza...

Last edited by Fab; 1 Oct 2003 at 08:10.
Old 1 Oct 2003, 12:37 (Ref:736612)   #25
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saleen, you have a point there.

Though hard on the gearbox he may be, he's quite fun to watch. Take the final laps of this years Le Mans for example...

The reason there wont be a Lambo at Estoril, Fab, is the lack of spareparts. At least that's what they say.