Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Is Eddie Irvine ever coming back to F1?
Yes I hope so 12 14.29%
No way, nobody wants him 36 42.86%
He's too busy spending his ££ and chasing supermodels 36 42.86%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 May 2004, 08:23 (Ref:964799)   #1
Scootch
Rookie

Scootch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Eddie Irvine ever coming back to F!?

What's happened to the Great Loud Mouthed One?
Old 9 May 2004, 08:31 (Ref:964804)   #2
GXH
Racer

GXH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as much as i would like 2 see him back ( more for fun than professional reasons) i cant see it happening, but it would be good if ITV hired him and kicked james allen out..

Just picture the kind of questions he would be asking and telling us the truth about what he thinks of certain drivers and Montoya's moaning haha

Dont 4get he "said" he was the 2nd best driver in the world
keeping it real as always eddie
Old 9 May 2004, 08:59 (Ref:964819)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He'll never be back in F1 now. He failed to really lead Jaguar forward, and has been off the track forr too long now.

I would like to see him in the commentary box though. Just last week he publically said that someone should push Michael off the track, partly as payback adn partly so that someone else can win a race.
Old 9 May 2004, 09:44 (Ref:964847)   #4
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, with all this digital technology, I'd like to see an ITV interactive service where you can listen to an alternative commentary box with Eddie Irvine and...um... Jonathon Pearce!
Old 9 May 2004, 09:56 (Ref:964853)   #5
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last words of wisdom I heard from "Swervin'" were to the effect that JPM shold punt TGF into the scenery instead of moaning like a big girl about unfair blocking tactics. He's got a point there! Will he return? No chance.
Like some of u guys I'd love to hear his pearls of wisdom from the commentary box, unfortunately he'd never get the gig. Far to honest u see.
Old 9 May 2004, 11:32 (Ref:964933)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He's too busy evading court cases and the cops on his scooter. So no.
Old 9 May 2004, 12:05 (Ref:965020)   #7
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After 11 votes, that's a NO then.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 9 May 2004, 12:27 (Ref:965096)   #8
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. I was glad to see him go. He was never much good anyway.
Old 9 May 2004, 12:37 (Ref:965120)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No way, nobody wants him
Old 9 May 2004, 15:17 (Ref:965462)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If he came back, that would mean having to re-enter the country, thus get arrested
Old 9 May 2004, 15:21 (Ref:965469)   #11
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nah - he'd just miss the British GP...

Eddie retired when the time was right (or maybe a season late, but never mind). He's too old to come back, and if he still wanted to race at all he'd be in sportscars or something.

He is, was and always will be a major league playboy. And with a couple of hundred million dollars in the bank*, why not?

* (source: Sunday Times Rich List - 157 million GB Pounds)

Last edited by garcon; 9 May 2004 at 15:23.
Old 9 May 2004, 17:42 (Ref:965725)   #12
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see him back in f1 not in the racing side of things but maybe some television work. I enjoyed Eddies time in f1 i enjoyed his interviews because he said what he thought not like most of the current drivers who can be very boring and dont want to upset anyone. Its a pitty he was'nt champion in 99 but i think that was out of his hands. I checked out the sunday times rich list and Eddie is worth a cool £153mil......who cares about number 2,s and championships!
Old 9 May 2004, 22:28 (Ref:965967)   #13
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think that he will ever be back and why anyways? He's got his hands full with his business interests, so I can't see him being able to devote all his time to F1. But I would not be surprised to see him doing one off motorsport events to get the fix.
Old 10 May 2004, 14:01 (Ref:966519)   #14
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both 2nd and 3rd option are true
Old 10 May 2004, 14:12 (Ref:966533)   #15
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
If there was a poll with a clearer answer than this, I have'nt seen it. There are other more recent hacks trying to make a return, let alone old Eddie.

Not a chance. Does he even want to return?

Would love to see him in the commentary box though
Old 10 May 2004, 16:18 (Ref:966644)   #16
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why should he? He turns 40 next year.
But he should make a comeback to Le Mans.

Last edited by 429CJ; 10 May 2004 at 16:19.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 10 May 2004, 17:36 (Ref:966702)   #17
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
Irvine in the commentary box would be a re-run of James Hunt. Excellent! I like the idea! Replace Allen with Irvine... I can imagine the commentary now:

Brundle : "So what was the race like for you Eddie?"

Irvine : "A big pile of "
Old 10 May 2004, 17:36 (Ref:966703)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
There are other more recent hacks trying to make a return
Who? I haven't heard any mentioned, especially not on ten-tenths.
Old 10 May 2004, 17:45 (Ref:966712)   #19
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
nooooo that would never happen here. Not a chance
Old 10 May 2004, 19:26 (Ref:966819)   #20
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
graves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
He'll never be back in F1 now. He failed to really lead Jaguar forward
Everyone is bangin' on about how good Mark Webber is, but when you look at race results and not qualifying performances, can you really say that MW has done a great deal more than Irvine did at Jaguar? Got to say though, he's too old now anyway.
Old 10 May 2004, 20:50 (Ref:966899)   #21
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's just a playboy...now fully occupied looking after his 150 property portfolio.
Old 10 May 2004, 21:55 (Ref:966961)   #22
swatty
Rookie

swatty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunatly I do not think Eddie will reappear either in a car or a commentary box, no matter how much we want it, 'cos he too busy living on his Yacht and chasin' beautiful women He knows when he's onto a good thing
Old 11 May 2004, 11:41 (Ref:967535)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by graves
Everyone is bangin' on about how good Mark Webber is, but when you look at race results and not qualifying performances, can you really say that MW has done a great deal more than Irvine did at Jaguar?
I've often wondered about this myself, but I think that Jaguar's lack of funding has played a big part, especially as Renault and BAR have really got their acts together and closed in on Ferrari, and the Michelin tyres are no longer inferior. Both Mark and Eddie had excessive team support, to the detriment of their team-mates, but Antonio or Justin didn't outqualofy Mark 5 times in a row as Pedro did to Eddie
Old 11 May 2004, 19:03 (Ref:968017)   #24
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
graves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
but Antonio or Justin didn't outqualofy Mark 5 times in a row as Pedro did to Eddie
But was he ever ahead at the end of a race? (that is a genuine question 'cause i'm not sure.)
Old 11 May 2004, 22:02 (Ref:968185)   #25
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
eddie who?....