Old 17 Feb 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2635078)   #1
darby
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
darby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personal Record Card

Hi,

I have enrolled on the BARC training day on the 6th March at Thruxton and have voluteered to marsal at the BTCC, also at Thruxton, on 3rd-4th April.

However, I am yet to register with any clubs or the MSA and therefore don't have a PRC to get signed. Will this mean that these events won't count towards my record?

Many thanks,

Darby
Old 17 Feb 2010, 18:33 (Ref:2635080)   #2
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
RCMADD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what marshals club do you belong to?
Old 17 Feb 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2635084)   #3
darby
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
None, I haven't registered yet. I have never marshalled before.
Old 17 Feb 2010, 19:09 (Ref:2635098)   #4
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure theyll have some cards at the training day so you might be able to one from there
Old 18 Feb 2010, 13:16 (Ref:2635590)   #5
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I suspect they will have a card to give to you at the training and that BARC will quite happily sign you up as a member on the day a well. If you are only/mainly going to be marshalling at Thruxton that might be a good club to join, you'll then get BARC stamps towards the cost of your next years membership.

You can download the Marshals Registration Form from here http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/conten...sp?article=758 and send it to the MSA, whilst there is a section for a club to sign AFAIK there is no requirement for you to be a member of a club so if you send it direct to the MSA they will register you and send you a PRC and a trainee card. [Edit: see further posts below]

I'd recommend the BMMC as they are and indpendent club for Marshals only but if you are likely to do Thruxton/BARC their stamp scheme may make that a better option.

Last edited by Piglet; 23 Feb 2010 at 17:15. Reason: To refer to posts below
Old 18 Feb 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2635799)   #6
darby
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
Thanks for your help everyone.

I have bit the bullet and registered with BMMC & MSA so with any luck I'll have my PRC by the 6th March.

I'll probably join BARC when I go to Thruxton.

Cheers.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2635890)   #7
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good luck & welcome to the wonderful world of marshalling!
Old 22 Feb 2010, 13:01 (Ref:2638231)   #8
Piglet
Veteran

I know the OP is sorted but for the record I'm told that the MSA do require a club sign off for the New Marshal form but that the BMMC will sign them off even if the marshal isn't a club member.

I'm trying to find out who a new marshal would send their form to, whether it goes to someone in what would be their region or someone at National level so if it applies to anyone in the future they'll know.

Edited to add.....SEE FURTHER POSTS BELOW

Last edited by Piglet; 2 Mar 2010 at 21:06. Reason: Update
Old 23 Feb 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2638760)   #9
Eric Ridler
Racer

United Kingdom
Timperley,Cheshire
Eric Ridler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MSA Registration Form must be signed off by a club who will then forward it to the MSA.
If sent directly to the MSA it will be returned for the above procedure to be complied with.
This also applies in the future if there are any changes in personal details it should always be accompanied by a MSA Form.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2638827)   #10
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ridler View Post
The MSA Registration Form must be signed off by a club who will then forward it to the MSA.
If sent directly to the MSA it will be returned for the above procedure to be complied with.
This also applies in the future if there are any changes in personal details it should always be accompanied by a MSA Form.

I made this mistake with my wife and daughters new memberships
Old 23 Feb 2010, 07:41 (Ref:2638830)   #11
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
I know the OP is sorted but for the record I'm told that the MSA do require a club sign off for the New Marshal form but that the BMMC will sign them off even if the marshal isn't a club member.

I'm trying to find out who a new marshal would send their form to, whether it goes to someone in what would be their region or someone at National level so if it applies to anyone in the future they'll know.
I would have thought that it would be National (but not 100%). In that case it would be Brian Poulter [edit see BMMC website for email and snail mail details] and I think he is the man to ask.

Edited to add: SEE FURTHER POSTS BELOW

Last edited by Piglet; 2 Mar 2010 at 21:06. Reason: To remove email address and save the nice Mr P from loads of spam!
Old 23 Feb 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2639183)   #12
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
I would have thought that it would be National (but not 100%). In that case it would be Brian Poulter - see BMMC website for details and I think he is the man to ask.
'Tis exactly Brian that the cards should go to and he will arrange for them to be signed for non members and to be forwarded to the MSA.

Tone I'm going to edit out the email address out of your post as I think they get spammed this way. Apologies if I'm wrong about the spam but I'm going to use my magic moderator's power anyway. Shout if I'm wrong and I'll reinstate it!

Brian's email and snail mail addresses can be located via the BMMC website he will be happy to assist I'm sure...

Edited to add: SEE FURTHER POSTS BELOW

Last edited by Piglet; 2 Mar 2010 at 21:07. Reason: Update
Old 23 Feb 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2639288)   #13
Piglet
Veteran

OK, this sounds like it is still open to discussion. If it applies to you at the moment don't send anything to Brian as I don't think this is correct. I'll try to find an answer and post the answer for anyone that it applies to or might apply to in the future.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2643594)   #14
Piglet
Veteran

We're still digging for a solution on this. The MSA's stance is that whilst they don't require a Marshal to be a member of a Club, they do require a Marshal to have an endorsement from a Club.

The BMMC will sign on behalf of their own members but not for non members.

I think the best advice for now is that any marshal/potential marshal that this applies to should contact the Club/Organisation that they usually or mainly marshal for and ask for assistance to get an endorsement for their Registration form. If anyone gets stuck and can't work out who to contact then either post on here or send me a PM and I'll try to point you in the direction of someone who can help.

I'll update as and when there is any further info.
Old 3 Mar 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2643853)   #15
Terrible-Tones
Veteran

Wales
Thrapston - Northants
Terrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTerrible-Tones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
. Apologies if I'm wrong about the spam but I'm going to use my magic moderator's power anyway. Shout if I'm wrong and I'll reinstate it!
Nope you are right and good job you spotted it - hadn't thought of that particular issue Cheers for doing it before Brian got zillions of spam mails and came looking for my head!!