Racer

noweels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doornbos to replace Klien?

Just heard this
All change after Barcelona
Old 11 May 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1606280)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you have a link?

FWIW I think this is the wrong decision, if true.
Old 11 May 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1606287)   #3
noweels
Racer

noweels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont have a link, just a call from Barca 20 mins ago from deep throat!!!
Old 11 May 2006, 20:29 (Ref:1606293)   #4
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its on F1-Racing.net
Old 11 May 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1606296)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=117789

Hmm...apparently he has got the seat through paying a great deal of money through sponsors.

Absolutely brilliant isn't it? Klien must be delighted! A driver cannot be expected to perform at the top of his game when his seat is constantly under threat for no apparent reason. It's disgusting frankly.
Old 11 May 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1606298)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
That's a terrible decision if that's really happening. Jesus, Klien should pack his bags and go somewhere else where his job isn't constantly under fire. It's rediculous. Let the driver drive for Christ sake!

Selby
Old 11 May 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1606306)   #7
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What a big mistake by RBr if its true. Klien has been really impressive since RBR joined F1. He's steadily got more and more consistant and got some good results along the way too. I could understand if he was well off Coulthards pace but he's often beaten him. Both Kliena and DC have had a bad start to the season but changing drivers isn't gonna help the team catch up. If they put him in a STR car maybe. I thought Klien was sponsored by Red Bull, that was how he got his seat in the first place?
Old 11 May 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1606316)   #8
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't believe this, Red Bull has the budget for two teams yet they'll throw out someone who I believe is a solid driver and will continue to improve - for the sake of €7 million. Unbelievable!
Old 11 May 2006, 20:53 (Ref:1606330)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If they want to replace someone, replace DC, not Christian.
Old 11 May 2006, 21:00 (Ref:1606338)   #10
DeoValente
Racer

DeoValente has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I dont believe it.

Then again, i didnt believe Gascoyne was fired by Toyota either
Old 11 May 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1606342)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's very strange indeed. And brings down the whole idea that RBR was aiming to become a major force in F1. Having a paid driver is not exactly the best option to have a competitive team.
Old 11 May 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1606343)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How low can you go, RB...
This is something I would expect from teams like Midland or the former Minardi, but not RB...
Old 11 May 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1606363)   #13
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
If they want to replace someone, replace DC, not Christian.

A little harsh! DC has been the main points scorer at red bull and has experience!
Old 11 May 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1606365)   #14
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At least Klien has a future...
Old 11 May 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1606369)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't tell me it's Ferrari, strokes.
Old 11 May 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1606378)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gotta hate Red Bull, lets send them hate mail Klein who was last year giving DC a run for his money is now consistently out perfroming him. Time to hang up the keys David. CK is the man, oh come on, he is very impressive and he's one of my favoruite F1 drivers, don't mean to be blunt but it's pathetic, and Doonrbos why why why????
Old 11 May 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1606380)   #17
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Seemingly strange decision, but then Doorbos should do a decent enough job. Presumably RBR must figure he will be able to do as decent a job as Klien, and thus it is worth the extra bucks. Money talks, and all that.

What now for Christian?

Last edited by Dutton; 11 May 2006 at 21:42.
Old 11 May 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1606389)   #18
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Champ Car lol.
Old 11 May 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1606403)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a terrible decision. Christian is a driver i admired for his fiesty driving...
He did outpace DC in the first couple of races. Well terrible luck for Klien... i predicted he can have a decent career in f1 and still might...
Old 11 May 2006, 21:57 (Ref:1606410)   #20
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doornbos deserves a race seat.... but surely not this one!
Old 11 May 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1606420)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I guess he's the new Jos Verstappen...
Old 11 May 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1606426)   #22
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard lots of things about goings on in the paddock of late. This does not surprise me at all.

I thought that CK was doing a very good job at RBR1, and his performance was far better than the reliability of the package was allowing him to show.

But what we think means nothing when the bean counters are presented with a 7M Euro cheque.

Can I have a little please?

One other way of looking at it, that's 7M extra they can spend on other teams/projects.

I repeat... can I have a little please.

Rob.
Old 11 May 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1606437)   #23
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch chap
Doornbos deserves a race seat.... but surely not this one!
I absolutely agree with you on that (him deserving a race seat).

If the FIA would lift the 12 team restriction on F1, and allow 26 or 28 starters, then maybe there will be enough seats to let some of these talents onto the grid, instead of being No.3's, or even less, and then discarded without a proper chance.
Old 11 May 2006, 22:23 (Ref:1606443)   #24
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
I guess he's the new Jos Verstappen...
Ohh...that cant be good...
Old 11 May 2006, 22:45 (Ref:1606461)   #25
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport is a cut throat game but I feel sorry for Klien as he doesn't deserve to have the axe constantly over his head.

Wilson lost out on a Jaguar ride thanks to Red Bull money, but why oh why are Red Bull shafting their own driver? Did Klien run over Mateschitz's dog?

This decision stinks.