Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 18 Dec 2004, 06:30 (Ref:1182353)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Romain Dumas to make tests for Conquest Racing

Howdy all !

Sorry to be a pain again, but just in case you'd be interrested to know : the french pilot Romain Dumas, who's well known in Sportscars and GT racing (as fast as Bourdais at Le Mans or sportscars races), is going to test for Conquest Racing in Orlando (source : Infocourse.

Eric Bachelart's guest, he'll test a Lola-Ford the 22th of December.

To the Mods : feel free to delete/move this thread, as I didn't know if it fitted here, or if you already had the news by another source earlier...

Cheers !

Fab (Sportscars/GT forum)

Last edited by Fab; 18 Dec 2004 at 06:31.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 06:53 (Ref:1182360)   #2
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
GBoehm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey relax Macdaddy aint that strict if it remotely relates to Champ Car people will talk about it.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 06:59 (Ref:1182363)   #3
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Fab,

Thanks for the info. I'm not a mod, however, this is Champ Car news so I can't imagine that this thread will be deleted. Here's an article from speedtv.com regarding Romain Dumas upcoming test with Conquest Racing.
Old 18 Dec 2004, 09:55 (Ref:1182413)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I think, on behalf of everybody here, that I should be thanking you for your input of late, Fab!

If he gets a ride, Tommy Kendall is bound to mention the word "salad" at least once during the season! (I hope he's still in the broadcast booth)
Old 18 Dec 2004, 12:11 (Ref:1182478)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Absolutely right - both the articles Fab has linked ot have been very relevent to ChampCars, and added to the forum.

Presumably this test is not being made with a view to Romain actually racing for Conquest?
Old 19 Dec 2004, 04:50 (Ref:1182960)   #6
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conquest has been really quiet of lately, I doubt it tha Fabio will return I mean if i was his dad I cut him off at one season.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 11:17 (Ref:1183089)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
I think, on behalf of everybody here, that I should be thanking you for your input of late, Fab!
If it helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Absolutely right - both the articles Fab has linked ot have been very relevent to ChampCars, and added to the forum.
Thanks for that Boots !

I'll keep on checking on the french sites if something arise...

Last edited by Fab; 19 Dec 2004 at 11:19.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 11:37 (Ref:1183105)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Merci beaucoup, M Fab.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 11:49 (Ref:1183111)   #9
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pleased if this materialises in a drive as I met Romain at the ALMS event at Portland at he was very approachable and was able and willing to answer any quetions i had. :up: top man and good luck to him.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 02:36 (Ref:1184578)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have met him too and I like him very much. Hope perhaps he will get the drive with Conquest that Justin Wilson has vacated. And it might be good for Nelson to have a French teammate if they are allowed to talk to each other in French.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 18:13 (Ref:1186099)   #11
DanielFR
Rookie

France
Lyon - France
DanielFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everybody,

As president of the Romain Dumas's Fan Club I confirm to you that Romain is really a nice guy.... and a very fast driver.

At this moment Romain is driving the Lola Ford of the Conquest Racing and we hope (we're sure !!) that Romain will do a good job.

But does everybody knows where we'll can find the results of this test ?

Thanks a lot

Romain's Fan Club website :
http://romain-dumas.japh27.com
Old 23 Dec 2004, 13:36 (Ref:1186743)   #12
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This time last year it looked unliekly that Conwquest would be able to get a team together, and ultimately he got 2 cars out there, one for a very talented driver who could've been lost to open-wheel racing altogether. Hopefully history can repeat itself.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 15:25 (Ref:1186784)   #13
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DanielFR, since you probably know the most about him (of anyone who's going to be on here), could you give us your perspective on why he's an interesting and fast driver?
Old 23 Dec 2004, 16:54 (Ref:1186866)   #14
DanielFR
Rookie

France
Lyon - France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
DanielFR, since you probably know the most about him (of anyone who's going to be on here), could you give us your perspective on why he's an interesting and fast driver?
Of course !!

First, you may see his biography
http://romain-dumas.japh27.com , then "Romain", then "Son palmares"

but i'll focus on his last season :

Since 2 years Romain is an official Porsche driver and this year he participated for the first time in the ALMS serie. And there he allways beat his teammate (M.Lieb). He had to do the pole position 4 times, and 4 times he did it on tracks that he was discovering. He was before guys like T.Bernahrd or S.Maasen who are "old" Porsche drivers well knowing ALMS tracks. (He was awarded as "FastQual" in the GT field).

He also ran 2 times in the ELMS serie, driving a Nasamax prototype and there also he beat his teammates.

Concerning open weehl cars Romain made a test last year with Renault F1 (in the same time as S.Bourdais and F.Montagny) and this year Renault called him to develop the new Formula GP2.
Old 24 Dec 2004, 11:27 (Ref:1187359)   #15
DanielFR
Rookie

France
Lyon - France
See report about this test here

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...71&FS=CHAMPCAR
Old 24 Dec 2004, 17:20 (Ref:1187558)   #16
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Concerning why he is a nice guy...

He is very approchable and able and willing to answer any quetions and is very light hearted and funny.
Old 28 Dec 2004, 07:20 (Ref:1188696)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I was on the verge to post a link to the report on Infocourse, translation of the Motorsport report above, posted by Daniel.

I see you're in good hands now, with the Romain's fan club Prez !

So have fun with Romain, and don't forget to give him back for Le Mans !

Cheers all !

Fab (Sportscars/GT forum).
Old 28 Dec 2004, 10:02 (Ref:1188733)   #18
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have seen Dumas race with J. Village in Euro 3000 and believe me he was VERY QUICK[U]
Old 28 Dec 2004, 10:58 (Ref:1188754)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He also did the German Carrera Cup the year after that - very quick but had a few bangs and scrapes.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1198019)   #20
DanielFR
Rookie

France
Lyon - France
Champcar or not Champcar , we don't still know, but what we know is that Romain will be in Daytona next month :

The Daytona 24 Hours in the legendary No. 59!
Alès, 10 January 2005

The 2005 season will start for Romain Dumas in Florida in less than a month's time at the s4 Hours of Daytona. The driver from Alès has accepted the offer from Brumos Racing to co-drive the legendary no. 59, this time in the guise of a Fabcar-Porsche. For his second participation in the classic American event, Romain will partner another American legend: Hurley Hayward, winner of many of the world's great endurance races. Also in the team will be the German driver, Timo Bernhard, and J.C. France, a descendant of Bill France, the founder of NASCAR. The team, combining experience and speed and entered in the DP (Daytona Prototypes) class, is aiming quite simply at overall victory in the race which will take place over the 3-6 February. Romain's participation in the Daytona 24 Hours is no indication of the rest of his 2005 programme, which Dumas will finalise this week.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1198101)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Hurley Haywood, rather than Hayward is his fellow driver.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1198309)   #22
extramundane
Racer

Benin
Here.
extramundane has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFR
Champcar or not Champcar , we don't still know, but what we know is that Romain will be in Daytona next month :
Alex Job intends to have Dumas in his "factory" car in ALMS next year.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1198505)   #23
DanielFR
Rookie

France
Lyon - France
Quote:
Originally Posted by extramundane
Yes, with Timo Bernhard as teammate...
but nothing is official at this moment
Old 12 Jan 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1198811)   #24
DanielFR
Rookie

France
Lyon - France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Hurley Haywood, rather than Hayward is his fellow driver.
Yes you're right, this press release contains a mistake.
Old 14 Jan 2005, 04:23 (Ref:1200529)   #25
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by extramundane
So is Romain Dumas still a free agent or will he be racing in the ALMS this season (2005) for Alex Job Racing and has it been confirmed yet??? And what do you mean by "next year?"