Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Sep 2001, 09:08 (Ref:148223)   #1
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How's Kimi going to do at McLaren Next year?

I have been away for a while because I havn't had internet connection at home for over a month () so if this has already been posted please forgive me. I was wondering how you folks felt about Kimi at Mclaren and how he's going to do. IMO he will totally embarass DC next year while he challenges for regular wins and maybe even gets a shot at the title. Kimi has shown amazing pace this year and with Mclaren being the way it is I can not see him being forced to play second fiddle to DC.
Old 19 Sep 2001, 11:16 (Ref:148250)   #2
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's difficult to judge

It's difficult to predict how good or bad will be KR next season.

He's had only one season in a midfield car. It's too early to judge him. It's not so difficult to have a good first season in f1, as many other drivers showed, but it's difficult to confirm. And it's more difficult to be a winning driver, not to mention to be WDC.

More, it obviously depends wheter or not will McLaren be a top car next year. This year the seemed well on their way down, and I guess it will depend on which teams will Michelin decide to support more.

We'll see....
Old 19 Sep 2001, 13:18 (Ref:148276)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pace of the Mclaren will make a big differance although I think Kimi's movtivation will be higher next year than that of either Mika or DC this year. I don't think the car this year is that bad, more DC and Mika have given up caring.

What ever happens 2002 promises to be a a very exciting season.
Old 19 Sep 2001, 15:28 (Ref:148316)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I agree that the pace of the McLaren will have a bearing on how well Kimi does. However, in relation to DC, I expect big things - I predict that Kimi will outperform DC in qualifying and racing situations.
Old 19 Sep 2001, 16:48 (Ref:148351)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I think Kimi will outperform DC. Specially because 2002 is his great year !!!
Old 19 Sep 2001, 19:45 (Ref:148434)   #6
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you Ralf's Girl, the younger finn will outperform DC, and the poor David is going to have to go to the shrink, he won't tolerate being in the shadow of two finns. I think he will never go in a vacation to finland.
Old 19 Sep 2001, 21:34 (Ref:148483)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wait guys, or Robert will show up in anger !!!
Old 19 Sep 2001, 22:38 (Ref:148516)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
I agree that the pace of the McLaren will have a bearing on how well Kimi does. However, in relation to DC, I expect big things - I predict that Kimi will outperform DC in qualifying and racing situations.
Hello Steph!

Well it will be interesting for sure..David does have lots of experience. I hope that the car is better next season than it has been this year..

Regards...Jeremy
Old 19 Sep 2001, 23:14 (Ref:148526)   #9
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
kimi has made quite an impact on f1.

seems like a long time ago that his qualifcations were being
seriously questioned.

and now he's going out with the expectations of qualifying
in the front row every race.

but....the guy does seem to have that kind of ability.

dc seems to have peaked out...

perhaps ron should have signed nick too.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 03:03 (Ref:148563)   #10
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next year will be a make or break year for DC. If he isn't faster then KR on a regular basis, then I'm afraid that it may well lead to more critisism of the man, and he may well loose his seat at Mclaren. All I can say to DC at this point is "fight for your life David, it's really not gonna look to good for you if your regularly out-paced by a much younger and much less experienced team-mate".

Last edited by Raoul Duke; 20 Sep 2001 at 03:06.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 11:13 (Ref:148625)   #11
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Wait guys, or Robert will show up in anger !!!

*Steph looks around for objects to hide behind*

But seriously...(no really!) I'd guess that 2002 will be DC's last year at McLaren. If he doesn't win the title next year (and let's face it, he's just not the man for the job) McLaren will want to get some younger blood in...see Nick Heidfeld.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 13:26 (Ref:148681)   #12
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must agree that RK will probably outperform DC next year, and that's why voted YES on the poll for Mika's return.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 14:05 (Ref:148694)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon Kimi will struggle, it might be a bit too much for him too soon. Stepping into a seat previously occupied by another Finn, whom the team loved, it may be weird even for DC, lets home the team doesn't suffer like McLaren did in 94 post senna and benetton in 96 post schumacher.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 19:19 (Ref:148809)   #14
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC will be "team leader" no matter how Ron dresses it up. KR's learnig curve is going to be, if anything, even steeper than it is been this year. He'll either shine or not (great quote, Tristan!!), though I hope the former.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 20:48 (Ref:148863)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Tristan, I need your crystal ball, please...

{Tomorrow... it can rain, but maybe not !!

Old 20 Sep 2001, 23:58 (Ref:148956)   #16
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I think Heidfeld may end up elsewhere. Since Mclaren signed Raikonnen, its possible that we may see Heidfeld end up at Jordan or possibly at Williams when Juan Montoya goes to Ferrari(soon I hope!).

As for Raikonnen, I like others, feel he should have the legs on DC by mid season. Next year's Mclaren is a mystery - will Mercedes come up with a better engine after being blown away by BMW Power this season? Will Newey prove he isent washed up and that his heart is still with Mclaren? Etc Etc.

So Mclaren may not be the safe bet next year. I think the championship battle will be between Michael, Ralf and Juan Pablo.
Whichever one of the Williams drivers has the better start to the season, would be the one to challenge Michael. Im guessing that would be Ralf but you never know..

Anyway, Raikonnen may not have it easy next season if the scenario is like I predicted. If Im wrong and the Mclaren is fast, then it would be interesting to see how DC deals with being out performed by a young team mate....