Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Feb 2020, 13:30 (Ref:3960353)   #4151
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinger6 View Post
On another note - does anybody have any idea why Paul O'Neill has seemingly been dropped from the Saturday coverage and social media duties? His twitter has said he will be doing Sunday's only?
I thought the Saturday social's were quite good.
Yeah, saw that and was a bit surprised as I always thought those things were pretty well received. I enjoyed them up until last year when it became the 'Creesy' Banter Half Hour.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 13:32 (Ref:3960354)   #4152
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Seeing as there is a very strong possibility the 3rd driver could be someone with money and Pinkney fits that description perfectly.
So unless you know different, it would be daft to suggest otherwise.
He would also tie in with the comment made umpteen pages ago about someone returning who was thought to have retired from The BTCC
Old 28 Feb 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3960355)   #4153
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
I enjoyed them up until last year when it became the 'Creesy' Banter Half Hour.
Glad someone agrees with that. Became annoying very quickly.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3960356)   #4154
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
CB's design looks like it has been planned on a generic car drawing (the likes that hire car companies use to mark up damage). Most of the colours and lines don't flow with the cars design.
Just looking back at some photos I saw a while back and the design has changed quite a bit, especially the front bumper. I'd imagine it will probably be tweaked again before the season launch
Old 28 Feb 2020, 14:52 (Ref:3960369)   #4155
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
He would also tie in with the comment made umpteen pages ago about someone returning who was thought to have retired from The BTCC
Good point👍
Old 28 Feb 2020, 15:27 (Ref:3960382)   #4156
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Glad someone agrees with that. Became annoying very quickly.
Me too on this one. Facebook live used to be great when Paul would chat to different drivers and about different things that happened but last season it just seemed to be "in jokes" between him, Josh Cook and Jade Edwards while Michael "look at me I'm a racing driver mum" Crees played the master of ceremonies
Old 28 Feb 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3960389)   #4157
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
That was Blundell
Old 28 Feb 2020, 16:45 (Ref:3960394)   #4158
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
That was Blundell
Spoil Sport!
Old 28 Feb 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3960395)   #4159
Roland1
Rookie

Roland1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dream of the BTCC having proper pundits, who quiz the driver with hard hitting questions - so getting rid of the 'drivers mate' on a Saturday is a good thing in my eyes.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 17:24 (Ref:3960405)   #4160
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
Me too on this one. Facebook live used to be great when Paul would chat to different drivers and about different things that happened but last season it just seemed to be "in jokes" between him, Josh Cook and Jade Edwards while Michael "look at me I'm a racing driver mum" Crees played the master of ceremonies
Spot on
Old 28 Feb 2020, 17:46 (Ref:3960411)   #4161
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
last season it just seemed to be "in jokes" between him, Josh Cook and Jade Edwards
Speaking of Edwards, she won't be on the TOCA package this year as she doesn't have the budget for a year of racing.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 17:58 (Ref:3960413)   #4162
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Speaking of Edwards, she won't be on the TOCA package this year as she doesn't have the budget for a year of racing.
Shame for her, especially as she really thought she was going to get a BTCC drive this year at one point.
Still sounds like ITV might have a Saturday job for her
Old 28 Feb 2020, 20:04 (Ref:3960456)   #4163
IdealLine
Rookie

IdealLine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking about TV and the sorts, what this series need is some proper coverage. I'd love to watch some BTCC, but it's just not possible. I enjoyed TCR Europe a lot last season, I'd like to add the BTCC to that at some point! I really hope they get their act together sometime sooner rather than later
Old 28 Feb 2020, 20:19 (Ref:3960457)   #4164
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealLine View Post
Talking about TV and the sorts, what this series need is some proper coverage. I'd love to watch some BTCC, but it's just not possible. I enjoyed TCR Europe a lot last season, I'd like to add the BTCC to that at some point! I really hope they get their act together sometime sooner rather than later
This is either a sarcastic post, or you are outside the UK?
Old 29 Feb 2020, 05:01 (Ref:3960545)   #4165
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Alan Gow Managed driver James Courtney bails out of New Supercars team after one event ? On his way to BTCC?
Old 29 Feb 2020, 07:36 (Ref:3960557)   #4166
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So Alan Gow Managed driver James Courtney bails out of New Supercars team after one event ? On his way to BTCC?
Hear me out on this.

James Courtney is mates with Mark Webber. Mark Webber's wife's ex-husband was friends and teammates with David Bartrum. James Courtney's car had Coca-Cola sponsorship on it the other week until the Boost Mobile deal.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 08:21 (Ref:3960565)   #4167
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Would love this.

Two things that throw me off a little though. One, a RWD seat would surely be preferable?

Secondly, be has backing primarily from Boost mobile. While in these comments it suggests they are looking for drivers outside of Supercars, I don't think Boost has a presence in the UK. https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/02/29...f-team-sydney/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Feb 2020, 08:48 (Ref:3960568)   #4168
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Hear me out on this.

James Courtney is mates with Mark Webber. Mark Webber's wife's ex-husband was friends and teammates with David Bartrum. James Courtney's car had Coca-Cola sponsorship on it the other week until the Boost Mobile deal.
Now he would be a great addition to the BTCC grid.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 10:24 (Ref:3960580)   #4169
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Would be nice to have a bit international flavour to the championship. We'll see if this holds any weight
Old 29 Feb 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3960585)   #4170
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andy Neate just got his competition licence in time for testing...
Old 29 Feb 2020, 11:44 (Ref:3960586)   #4171
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Has he got a new chequebook as well?
Old 29 Feb 2020, 11:51 (Ref:3960588)   #4172
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
He's banned from the series. The only driver to have ever publicly been so.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3960589)   #4173
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
He's banned from the series. The only driver to have ever publicly been so.
Not saying that isn't so but the only place I've ever seen that referred to is on posts on this forum and the articles they reference don't match what those articles say.

If the articles did say that TOCA wouldn't accept entries from him when they were first published they don't now which seems a bit odd or my googling skills aren't as good as I thought as I can't find any "official" mention of it certainly not using variations of the words quoted.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 12:56 (Ref:3960592)   #4174
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Not saying that isn't so but the only place I've ever seen that referred to is on posts on this forum and the articles they reference don't match what those articles say.

If the articles did say that TOCA wouldn't accept entries from him when they were first published they don't now which seems a bit odd or my googling skills aren't as good as I thought as I can't find any "official" mention of it certainly not using variations of the words quoted.
I had a look the other day when he was mentioned, othing comes up saying so but I do remember at the time that he was effectively banned from the series
Old 29 Feb 2020, 13:00 (Ref:3960594)   #4175
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t think he’s been officially banned, just blacklisted, so teams will think twice before taking him