Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 May 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2881152)   #26
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Jag win was incredible, the track invasion went wrong for one of our party however, when he fell down between the two walls opposite the pits and ripped his cheek open ! After we rescued him from the 'pit of broken beer bottles' the medics rushed him to the hospital with motorcycle outrides in tow ! It all happened so quickly .

The Mazda win was superb, trying to sleep in garage bleu, listening out for it lap after lap. Also I think that the incredible bungy jump was there that year, not for the feint hearted at 3am ! The old fun fair was certainly rememorable.

The whole Bentley thing was nice too, the 'Bentley Boys' was heard a few times over the PA that weekend !
Old 16 May 2011, 19:17 (Ref:2881193)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Enjolras was driving a WR for Gerard Welter in 97.
Yes ..... I know that Ayse . Maybe I didnt explain myself clearly .

When we saw the smoke cloud , I asked a marshall what had happened . He said that the Pilot 333SP had blown its engine . Obviously he didnt know what had happened either . It wasnt until we got to the pub , that we found out what really had happened .

We could see the black cloud from Tetre Rouge , probably should not have listened to what the marshall had said , cuz a blown engine wouldnt make a scene like that . But we thought if anybody knows a marshall would .
Old 16 May 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2881195)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
I too do remember that! It happened to him before,came to the pits,had it fixed,drove out again and immediatly the bonnet came up again! Never knew he managed to hold of someone else though
Babini in a Seikel 996 iirc . Didnt he get a DQ for that ?
Old 16 May 2011, 19:19 (Ref:2881197)   #29
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Ah those Hawaiian Tropic girls.... one year in the old village we were sheltering for the rain when suddenly a van drove by us. my mate at once opened the door and wanted to jump in ( use it as a taxi ride ). The van was full of Hawaiian Trpoic girls and one of the guards quickly got rid of my mate and threw him out of the car.
We are still laughing about that.
Old 16 May 2011, 20:10 (Ref:2881228)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yes ..... I know that Ayse . Maybe I didnt explain myself clearly .

When we saw the smoke cloud , I asked a marshall what had happened . He said that the Pilot 333SP had blown its engine . Obviously he didnt know what had happened either . It wasnt until we got to the pub , that we found out what really had happened .

We could see the black cloud from Tetre Rouge , probably should not have listened to what the marshall had said , cuz a blown engine wouldnt make a scene like that . But we thought if anybody knows a marshall would .

Ah, sorry about that matey.
Old 16 May 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2881278)   #31
The Badger
Veteran

No worries mate , sometimes its difficult to convey what you want to say in type ..... wait till you hear me talk , you may need a translator !!!
Old 16 May 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2881281)   #32
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Remarkable, so by what you're saying there Hideki managed to somersault his car into oblivion for a whole year!
I think you need to read closely....
Old 16 May 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2881304)   #33
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Ah those Hawaiian Tropic girls.... one year in the old village we were sheltering for the rain when suddenly a van drove by us. my mate at once opened the door and wanted to jump in ( use it as a taxi ride ). The van was full of Hawaiian Trpoic girls and one of the guards quickly got rid of my mate and threw him out of the car.
We are still laughing about that.
2007, again.
Attached Thumbnails
CIMG0305.jpg  
Old 17 May 2011, 06:27 (Ref:2881445)   #34
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
I think you need to read closely....
The somersault at the Dunlop Chicane was in '08, not '09. Admittedly, that car did crash during practice in '09 at the same place, but without any aerobatics.
Old 17 May 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2881523)   #35
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
2007, again.
Yes they are missed by a lot of us....
Old 17 May 2011, 17:03 (Ref:2881723)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
2007, again.

My wife thinks I have far too many shots like that from T34.......
Old 17 May 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2881811)   #37
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
My wife thinks I have far too many shots like that from T34.......
I know what you mean......

BTW those MG X power girls also weren't too bad looking...
Old 17 May 2011, 20:38 (Ref:2881831)   #38
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
or embassy girls

Ciao Marco
Old 17 May 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2881860)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
I know what you mean......

BTW those MG X power girls also weren't too bad looking...

'Tourist' Paul thought so too.........

Old 18 May 2011, 18:21 (Ref:2882251)   #40
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
poor Paul

Ciao Marco
Old 18 May 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2882309)   #41
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
or embassy girls

lucky photographer at the back

reverse angle
Old 18 May 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2882372)   #42
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Girls next door - 10/10ths 2009 pit visit

Old 19 May 2011, 17:41 (Ref:2882741)   #43
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Bernard I think you should post the picture you were taking
Old 19 May 2011, 17:55 (Ref:2882747)   #44
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Girls next door - 10/10ths 2009 pit visit

Come on man ..... you can do better than that , she's beef to the heels !!!
Old 19 May 2011, 19:11 (Ref:2882793)   #45
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Bernard I think you should post the picture you were taking
that's the one

http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/tt-2008.php
Old 20 May 2011, 20:42 (Ref:2883257)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
now that is a nice view
Old 20 May 2011, 20:59 (Ref:2883273)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't think I could have avoided the desire to zoom in.......
Old 21 May 2011, 07:55 (Ref:2883411)   #48
Martin Bull
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Martin Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL View Post

Rondeau's win - the last few hours with Ickx bearing down, saved by a rain shower and driving the last few laps on slicks
Sorry to bring this thread back to cars - this quote motivated me to blow the dust off my old photo albums. I took this sequence of the last pitstop for that Ickx/Joest 936.....

Taken from the standing tribunes opposite the pits, hand-held Pentax LX/300mm telephoto, 100ASA film.

Wonder if you could do that today..........
Old 21 May 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2883468)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lovely pics Martin - thanks for the memories (not that I was there....).

You can still shoot across from the tribunes with a lens wide open to lose as much of the fencing as possible, e.g.