Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Aug 2001, 08:11 (Ref:125770)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
GP3 Secrets

Picture this - You've been playing a full championship on GP3 (full distances) for about 3 weeks (on and off). I'm leading the championship by 8 points going into the last race in Japan.

After a poor qualifying I have worked my way up to 2nd half way through the race with Michael Schumacher in front (also 2nd in championship). I'm not too wooried about 2nd as this will deliver my 1st full distance Ace mode championship .

Then of course, what happens? Bang !!! Transmission Failure - car stops half way through the lap . I know we've all had this before, but I was really really peaved. I'm thinking TGF/Ferrari/Bernie even cheat in games

In total disgust, I decide to sit there and blow the motor. If Williams/BMW can't win the championship for me, bugger them, thay can fix the motor too

As the engine heats up to blow, a strange thing happened. THe engine failure display came up, but my transmission returned!!!!

To finish this off, I drove back to the pits (which automatically fixes any problem in under 20 seconds ) and climbed back to 3rd and won the championship.

Has anyone had this happen before? Does anyone have any other glitches or tricks to help the rest of us?

Oh well, off to start season 2 - The Title defence
Old 4 Aug 2001, 21:31 (Ref:125927)   #2
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wrex, I've heard of that before. Apparently it's a well known bug in the game.

By the way, I bet you must have been exploding with anger when you saw the 'transmission failure' warning flash on!
Old 4 Aug 2001, 21:48 (Ref:125935)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Wrex, does anything different happen when you win the Ace Championship? An ending of some sort perhaps?
Old 5 Aug 2001, 00:06 (Ref:125972)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
By the way, I bet you must have been exploding with anger when you saw the 'transmission failure' warning flash on!
Lets just say the computer almost learnt how to fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
Hey Wrex, does anything different happen when you win the Ace Championship? An ending of some sort perhaps?
Not one bloody thing! No Sponsors, No Women, No offers from other teams, nothing, nada, zip . Not even ending credits (which is good coz i hate those things - they go for ages)