Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 3 Apr 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1269299)   #1
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bad News for Brands Hatch Season Ticket Holders

Brands Hatch season passes, have always included parking on South Bank.

When I purchased this years season pass, there was no mention that this would no longer be the case.

And for the March events of this year, parking on South Bank was still included.

Without warning, Motorsport Vision have now started to charge season pass holders for parking on South Bank.

In addition, the age of free entry for children has dropped from 16 to 12, and I also heard the charges for disabled spectators have also changed.

Last edited by Stephen H; 3 Apr 2005 at 22:37.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 07:56 (Ref:1269503)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
There is already a thread about the drop in age limit so lets not let this thread tread old ground.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 08:31 (Ref:1269526)   #3
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was a bit peeved about the south bank parking when i went on saturday, the annoying thing is when i was there on the 13th march they let me park there for free as per normal, as far as i can tell it doesnt actually cost the circuit to let cars round there so its just another way to eek more money out of us
Old 4 Apr 2005, 08:59 (Ref:1269537)   #4
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Put your views to Mr.Palmer himself on all things regarding "his" circuits-it may(?) help.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1269538)   #5
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try to find something in writing that the Southbank parking used to be free for season pass holders..... I don`t think you will as I don`t think it was. It was an inconsistency at the gate. I`ve been a pass holder for years and years and am obviously a little peeved about it but can accept it if it is kept at a reasonable £2. For the bigger meetings it`ll be a fiver so I expect I`ll park outside for those.

Hopefully they`ll use the extra revenue to fill the potholes along the back straight!!!!
Old 4 Apr 2005, 09:11 (Ref:1269551)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
As you will have noticed there have been considerable improvements to many of the facilities over the winter months and this is likely to continue throughout the year.
Old 4 Apr 2005, 23:19 (Ref:1270333)   #7
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering that the free South Bank parking has never been fomally included on any of the Season Pass paperwork, I've always thought of it as an unofficial perk and expected it to be withdrawn.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 06:02 (Ref:1270473)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Actually, I seem to remember that Octagon started to charge for parking there for some of the larger meetings a few years back?
Old 5 Apr 2005, 06:03 (Ref:1270474)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I would add that as car parking is free at MSV circuits, it doesn't seem a huge blow to have to pay to park your car on South Bank, it's not as though you are being asked to pay to take your car to the circuit.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1271197)   #10
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
Put your views to Mr.Palmer himself on all things regarding "his" circuits-it may(?) help.
do you know his email address ?

I would like to explain to him why my "adult" 14 year old son and I are boycotting his tracks in favour of Thruxton, Castle Combe, Silverstone etc etc
Old 5 Apr 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1271207)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If you're a season pass holder the email address is on the welcome page in the fixtures guide.

jpcomments@motorsportvision.co.uk
Old 5 Apr 2005, 22:26 (Ref:1271305)   #12
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stephen, you are in the furtunate position in not having to pay for any of the things you have mentioned in recent postings-just remember that those who are complaining do have to pay to get into these meetings to watch a sport that is taken for granted by people like "ourselves" who are granted access for whatever reason be that marshalling, officials, media etc. Yes you do have to pay clubs to be a member but you also have a choice-these spectators don't have a choice and have to pay to watch the sport. Surely one admission charge is ample and not extras levied just to be able to watch in comfort in your own car or picnic with the family next to it...thats if you can afford to take a family now!
Old 6 Apr 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1271366)   #13
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1/ Last years season pass included free parking on South Bank.

2/ A memo was sent to gate staff on the 2nd of April, so this was a definite change in policy, to charge Season Ticket holders to park on South Bank.

3/ The parking charges board, displayed at the gate, had the words “Cars, Bikes and Season Passes” for the first time.

4/ Motorsport Vision have had my money in advance of any meetings. They did not inform me of the change in policy in the advertising of their season pass, when I purchased my pass, or prior to me turning up at the gate on the 2nd of April.

5/ In a letter sent to me on the 8th December 2004 informing me that the new season passes were on sale, the words “they represent better value than ever before” were used.

If I have to pay up to £15 a meeting extra for something that was included in last years passes. Then this years passes, do not represent “better value than ever before”.
Old 6 Apr 2005, 06:54 (Ref:1271488)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
Stephen, you are in the furtunate position in not having to pay for any of the things you have mentioned in recent postings-just remember that those who are complaining do have to pay to get into these meetings to watch a sport that is taken for granted by people like "ourselves" who are granted access for whatever reason be that marshalling, officials, media etc. Yes you do have to pay clubs to be a member but you also have a choice-these spectators don't have a choice and have to pay to watch the sport. Surely one admission charge is ample and not extras levied just to be able to watch in comfort in your own car or picnic with the family next to it...thats if you can afford to take a family now!
Barry, no-one is being forced to park on South Bank. As far as I am aware there is still no charge for parking at Brands Hatch or any other MSV circuit?
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1271865)   #15
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
If you're a season pass holder the email address is on the welcome page in the fixtures guide.

i emailed him yesterday and he got back to me straight away, wasnt expecting that! southbank parking is defanatly (sp) not included now, dont think it'll cost 15 quid tho at any event?
Old 6 Apr 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1271896)   #16
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes

thanks
Old 7 Apr 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1272143)   #17
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Adams
i emailed him yesterday and he got back to me straight away, wasnt expecting that! southbank parking is defanatly (sp) not included now, dont think it'll cost 15 quid tho at any event?
Events such as British Superbikes, 3 day event, south bank parking £5 per day, that is an extra £15.

Nice for the rules to change, after we`ve paid our money. For some ticket holders, who can only get to a few events, parking on south park was one of their considerations, as to whether to pay on the gate or purchase a season pass.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1272707)   #18
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
ahh i see, for stuff like the btcc they dont seem to let cars round to southbank on race day so for me i think it'll only be an extra 5 quid maximum for each event
Old 7 Apr 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1272712)   #19
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
According to the memo given to gate staff dated 2nd April, there were only three events when South Bank would not be open to cars in 2005. The 2 day CSMA Festival, The 2 day Porsche Festival (not really a race meeting) and the 3 day World Superbike event. £2 parking charge per day, rising to £5 per day for bigger meetings.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1272730)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Sorry Stephen, does that mean that for those three dates charges apply, or do you mean South Bank is completely closed to cars?
Old 7 Apr 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1272900)   #21
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
According to the memo gate staff had on Sat & Sun, South Bank will be closed to cars at those 3 events, which is understandable.

1/ CSMA, lots of spectators and airshows usually over the woods
2/ World Superbikes, South Bank full of spectators, cars tend to be parked across the road or by the old airfield, with just bikes & VIP`s in the fields between the hotel & Texaco service station.
3/ Porsche day - operated by their owners club
Old 8 Apr 2005, 06:58 (Ref:1273042)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thanks Stephen, that clarifies it for me
Old 12 Apr 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1276127)   #23
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
23 & 24 April should see South Bank open for such a lowly meeting as 750MC and with 421 race entries, I suspect South Bank will be the only place left to park??
Got to be the best spectator VFM of the year. (but I am biased)
Old 12 Apr 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1276212)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
£125 for a season ticket that gets you into every car and bike meeting at Brands Hatch, including World Superbikes, doesn't seem a lot to pay. So, if you are asked to pay a little extra on occasion to park on South Bank is it really that onerous? Parking at the circuit is free and there is nothing to prevent you from watching from South Bank provided you are not accompanied by your car. I still think this represents very good value for money.

I notice that for £375 per year you can get a season pass for all meetings and have use of the hospitality box as well!
Old 12 Apr 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1276265)   #25
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
You can't park your car in the hospitality box though.