Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 19 Nov 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2585275)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Peugeot 2010-2011 (Temporarily Closed)

It seems that Serge Saulnier will liase/manage the Peugeot interest in the team that will get the customer programme in 2010. Here

L.P.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 20:12 (Ref:2585308)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Lets hope that Henri Pescarolo has something to do with this . After all that man has done for motorsport , it would be a huge shame to see him sidelined .

I think Pug know just how experianced he is too.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2585361)   #3
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well according to some, it is looking like it won't be Henri. Here

L.P.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 21:52 (Ref:2585367)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So one Private Peugeot is going to run, but is Peugeot Sport running them self?.
otherwise, could Pescarolo run another one, but without direct Peugeot support?
Old 19 Nov 2009, 22:41 (Ref:2585404)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Well according to some, it is looking like it won't be Henri. Here
And why wont it be Henri ? Is De Ferran planning on running in the LMS ?

Peugeot already said before that they wanted a team to represent them in LMS , and whoever that team was , would also run at Le Mans .

So , it doesnt matter what De Ferran is doing with respect to the LMS .

However , how many chassis are there available ?

Somehow I cant see 3 works pugs as well as 2 privateer 908's at Le Mans .
Old 19 Nov 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2585417)   #6
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Peugeot already said before that they wanted a team to represent them in LMS , and whoever that team was , would also run at Le Mans .

Basically can't all 908 chassis be updated to 2009 spec?.
So how many chassis exist?
2x 2007?
3x 2008?
3x 2009?

But some chassis are wrecked, and some already updated like the Pesca 908.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2585438)   #7
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Note: The following may be incorrect as I have to rely on information found on the web.

#01, #02 and #03 first ran in 2007. 01 only ever in the Paul Ricard LMS test, 02 was wrecked at the LM test 2008, 03 was the Pescarolo car. So the '07 cars are all gone.
#04 and #05 started racing in 2008. 04 was the #7 car at LM this year.
#06 and #07 apparently were new for 2009.

Assuming there are no new builds and no chassis we haven't seen yet, there are just four cars left. Maybe five if 01 could be used, but I doubt that.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 23:52 (Ref:2585448)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

I very much doubt that Pug will go to Le mans without a spare tub .
Old 20 Nov 2009, 00:56 (Ref:2585481)   #9
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:

Hmm, it seems you answer your own question, if in fact de Ferran is closing a deal!
As I also doubt we will see 3 works and 2 customer 908s at Le Mans.

L.P.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 01:02 (Ref:2585488)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

It wont be Henri in the ALMS , but possibily in the LMS .

I can see 4 Pugs at Le Mans next year though .

2 for the works team , 1 from ALMS if it happens and 1 from LMS if indeed that happens too .

Possibily 1 entered under the works banner cuz of a free entry , but crewed by a privateer .

Pug have a few LMS teams in contention , a team in contention from ALMS too .

I never would have thought that De Ferran would have turned his back on Acura though !!!
Old 20 Nov 2009, 01:18 (Ref:2585494)   #11
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
It wont be Henri in the ALMS , but possibily in the LMS .

I can see 4 Pugs at Le Mans next year though .

2 for the works team , 1 from ALMS if it happens and 1 from LMS if indeed that happens too .

Possibily 1 entered under the works banner cuz of a free entry , but crewed by a privateer .

Pug have a few LMS teams in contention , a team in contention from ALMS too .

I never would have thought that De Ferran would have turned his back on Acura though !!!
With this being predicated on the de Ferran rumor: Yes I agree that it will not be Henri in the ALMS.
I also agree with the possibility of 4 908s at Le Mans, 3 works 1 customer.
Also from what Peugeot said I would expect all 3 to be full works entries (2 Sport, 1 Total) because of the caveat of the customer having to run for the entire season and not just Le Mans.
I do not know if I would call Gil running something other than an Acura as turning his back on them. With the pull back of Acura as a full works effort, and depending on who sponsors him and what their expectations are, it is what it is.

Will Henri be with Pescarolo next year??

L.P.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2585981)   #12
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Note: The following may be incorrect as I have to rely on information found on the web.

#01, #02 and #03 first ran in 2007. 01 only ever in the Paul Ricard LMS test, 02 was wrecked at the LM test 2008, 03 was the Pescarolo car. So the '07 cars are all gone.
#04 and #05 started racing in 2008. 04 was the #7 car at LM this year.
#06 and #07 apparently were new for 2009.

Assuming there are no new builds and no chassis we haven't seen yet, there are just four cars left. Maybe five if 01 could be used, but I doubt that.
Seems there have been at least 8 built, Here from the chassis archive http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ht=Peugeot+908

L.P.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 19:17 (Ref:2585994)   #13
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting...racingsportscars.com has the #9 car as #06.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2586037)   #14
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Seems there have been at least 8 built, Here from the chassis archive http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ht=Peugeot+908L.P.
In the same source but on a different page:

2007 Built
Chassis 908-01: Development car
Chassis 908-02: Destroyed (2008 24H Le Mans essays)
Chassis 908-03: Destroyed (2009 24H Le Mans race - Pescarolo car)

2008 Built
Chassis 908-04: Nº7 in Spa and Le Mans (2009)
Chassis 908-05: Nº07 in Sebring and Nº08 in Petit Le Mans (2009)

2009 Built
Chassis 908-06: Nº9 in Spa and Le Mans (2009). Le Mans winner car now in a Museum
Chassis 908-07: Nº8 in Le Mans (2009)
Chassis 908-08: Nº07 in Petit Le Mans (2009)
Old 20 Nov 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2586052)   #15
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Alright, with the #06 in a museum that still makes four cars available. They probably have a few spare tubs sitting around somewhere though.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2586119)   #16
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not going to happen with the 908, but I wouldn't be suprised if Peugeot knocked a works team on the head and instead focused on works supported customer teams for the LMS, ALMS and Asian LMS.

Can any manufactuer now justify a works program which runs a handful of times per year?

Audi had a great run with the R8, and a shorter but still successful program with the R10.

Up until now however the R15 has been a complete waste of money, Audi would have had far better returns if they'd done an Acura, and placed the cars with selected customers in each ACO series.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2586165)   #17
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wowzers!!!!!!!

We were told that "De Ferran is closing a deal to run the 908 Peugeot". The key words there - "is closing".
So hopefully news will come through soon on this deal and we will keep you updated on any new news and rumour as it comes through.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 03:16 (Ref:2586188)   #18
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Wowzers!!!!!!!

We were told that "De Ferran is closing a deal to run the 908 Peugeot". The key words there - "is closing".
So hopefully news will come through soon on this deal and we will keep you updated on any new news and rumour as it comes through.
Who was told? Source?
Old 21 Nov 2009, 03:48 (Ref:2586194)   #19
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Who was told? Source?
Try the link in post #3.

L.P.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 10:59 (Ref:2586337)   #20
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
something doesn't add up there though, de Ferran's team has surely always been bankrolled by Honda which is why we all assume he'll have an IRL team next year. So unless Peugeot's footing most of the bill and Honda are no longer going to give them an IRL team, that would seem an unlikely combination.

Won't mind if it's true of course, but won't hold my breath. An XM livery would look great on a 908...

Last edited by Rodger Davies; 21 Nov 2009 at 11:07.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2586407)   #21
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for pointing that out. Well... ok.. I'll be in the skeptic tank with Rodger for now...
Old 21 Nov 2009, 16:21 (Ref:2586497)   #22
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im in concurrence with fogelhund and Rodger at the moment, with such vast support from Honda/Acura over the past couple of year's, particularly in respect to this year with the LMP1 effort and the IRL team, im strugging to see were this has all come from.
My money would have been on Pescarolo, but that isnt happening.

Im just going to wait and see though, im assuming if DF run the car, its still going to be Stateside?
Old 21 Nov 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2586526)   #23
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
This does seem rather on a different tangent, doesn't it. Be interesting to see who is supposed to be the benefactor in this.

L.P.
Old 21 Nov 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2586663)   #24
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today's Maine Libre newspaper also writes de Ferran would be most probably the chosen team to hire the 908...

Official answer normally next week...
Old 22 Nov 2009, 01:21 (Ref:2586742)   #25
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question brought up is in the event de Ferran was to run a 908, would it make any sense for Pug to run in the U.S.?
Closed Thread