Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 Jul 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3107120)   #351
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had an email from Unlap with the link and I've ordered, very straightforward and a good interface to order (plus Paypal so no need to hunt for a payment card). Thanks to Greem and to Unlap for organising (I'd still like a sticker if they would consider these?!) .

George - you're right, there were a lot of very stoic people around, I think it helped hugely that the evenings were relatively dry and quite mild so although it was very boggy underfoot the campsite spirit wasn't dampened as much as it might be when it's really nasty in the evenings as well.
Old 16 Jul 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3107122)   #352
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Might be worth checking on the popularity of the 2000 option as well, then? Some people will want both, of course. I forget which celebrity described second marriages as a 'triumph of optimism over experience'. Seems to apply to this as well. In the meantime I'm considering having webbed feet and gills fitted.
Old 16 Jul 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3107123)   #353
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Helped by copious amounts of food and wine of course
Old 16 Jul 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3107124)   #354
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
Helped by copious amounts of food and wine of course
Shhh.....

...and the competitive rutting, but I think you might have missed that
Old 16 Jul 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3107125)   #355
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
What you do/did in the confines of your tent wasn't heard by the rest of us
Old 16 Jul 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3107127)   #356
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
What you do/did in the confines of your tent wasn't heard by the rest of us
Nah this was across the campsite....

Competitive rutting = Measuring the ruts in the campsite on the Sunday night - ours were two Stella cans high, we were beaten by two beer cans and a rubber duck, verified by the scrutineers but considered (by us) to be out of area, the whole thing narrowly avoided turning into a nasty incident with an appeal to the FIA in Paris...See we marshals know how to have fun
Old 16 Jul 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3107134)   #357
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Might be worth checking on the popularity of the 2000 option as well, then?
I've emailed Unlap to ask this and they have said they can do a 2000 version if there is demand, I've queried whether they need a minimum order, I'll let you know what they say.

They will also do other marshal related items if we ask. They sound like a really proactive company.
Old 16 Jul 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3107143)   #358
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
They will also do other marshal related items if we ask.
The possibilities are endless. And the prospect worrying...
Old 16 Jul 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3107149)   #359
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
The possibilities are endless. And the prospect worrying...
Oh yes!!

They are going to put up a 2000 tshirt on the site when they can...
Old 16 Jul 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3107226)   #360
fazza
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wigan
fazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they have also added a sticker too so all hail UNLAP.

thanks
Old 16 Jul 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3107260)   #361
Tris1976
Rookie

Wales
Carmarthen, South Wales
Tris1976 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
T-Shirt and stickers ordered - nice and smooth operation.
Old 17 Jul 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3107481)   #362
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For Copse Exit Crew

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010837.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	990.4 KB
ID:	37853

Name:	P1010838.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	1,007.0 KB
ID:	37854

Others in zip file at:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5036978/copse_exit_2012.zip

And finally, an example of a marshals' post at the UK's showcase motor racing venue after US$28million was spent on the new Wing which includes 8,200 sq. m. of hospitality suite.

Name:	P1010840.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	943.4 KB
ID:	37855
Old 17 Jul 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3107724)   #363
paddock.one
Racer

England
Cumbria
paddock.one should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, great weekend despite the weather - good to see old (well, some even older than me) marshal friends again, many I now only get to meet at BGP. Happily I didn't need JCB or tractor help to get out on Sunday evening, but some of my neighbours did so cheers to all the guys on extraction duty - great job!

Thanks to Greem and Unlap for the topical t-shirt/sticker offer - have ordered both for myself and my son, who also survived it! Well done to all...

Weather and Bernie permitting, see you all next year (wonder when it will be?)
Old 17 Jul 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3107727)   #364
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post

And finally, an example of a marshals' post at the UK's showcase motor racing venue after US$28million was spent on the new Wing which includes 8,200 sq. m. of hospitality suite.

Attachment 37855
I thought that was a porter potty
Old 18 Jul 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3107920)   #365
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer View Post
I thought that was a porter potty
No, they actually have doors!!
Old 18 Jul 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3108058)   #366
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Reminder: if you want any of the "I survived" t-shirts soonish, you need to get your order in by Monday 23rd as Unlap will be on holiday from 30th.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3108750)   #367
Piglet
Veteran

This link was posted elsewhere, good memories for those of us in the F1 Pitlane for the rain delayed qualifying session!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYFM-Bv3FfQ
Old 19 Jul 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3108768)   #368
AndyT
Racer

England
Peterborough
AndyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
classic moment
Old 23 Jul 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3110306)   #369
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Help, please, for future reference

To those marshals who had local accommodation and did NOT camp in the slurry-pit, (aka marshals' campsite) and I assume drove in each day by car...

Where did you park?
What was the traffic like, am and pm, on the Friday and Saturday.

Ta. Phil.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3110309)   #370
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the car park imeadiately next to the camp site, straight in all 3 mornings, straight out Friday & Saturday approx 10 minutes in 'Q' on Sunday, back home @ Mallory by 5pm after dropping 'Sticky' off in Weedon.
Old 23 Jul 2012, 15:38 (Ref:3110368)   #371
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
Thank you.

Phil
Old 24 Jul 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3110893)   #372
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Last t-shirt update from me...

Unlap are now processing the orders that have been placed and will start shipping in the next couple of days. Any orders placed after today won't be processed until they're back from their Summer holidays.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3114393)   #373
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
T Shirts & mug came today - absolutely brilliant.
Well done to all involved.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 21:13 (Ref:3114412)   #374
Piglet
Veteran

TShirts and stickers received here - great quality. Thanks to all that organised.
Old 1 Aug 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3114564)   #375
snoz wanger
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckshaw, Chorley......and Druids..
snoz wanger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got my t-shirt and im really chuffed with it, great quality, thanks to all......just needs a splash of mud on it now to finish it off! .