Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Dec 2000, 19:22 (Ref:53507)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After a very dismal year with Prost, the young German has moved to Swiss-based Sauber. He has also set some impressive testing times. These mean very little in the grand scheme of F1, but nonetheless, he is running better than he ever did at Prost. My question is, is he that good or is it just a matter of being the fastest of the group present? Only Trulli in the Jordan outran him after three days testing.

His career to date is noteworthy. He has won the German F3 Championship and F3000 Championships as well as competed with Mercedes at LeMans.

Last year he retired from 12 GPs for various reasons, some were from contact, most by failures and one disqualification for an underweight car. Six times he qualified poorly but came on to finish in the top 10. It is easy to see how poorly the Prost ran and I think that his performance there cannot all be pinned on his shoulders. His change to Suaber may be a chance to prove to his detractors that he is better than his results to date show.
Old 20 Dec 2000, 23:37 (Ref:53566)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed.

I believe Nick is an extremely talented driver who stood no chance in the Prost. Moving to Sauber is a big step forward, and I sincerely hope he gets the chance to show everyone what he knows he can do.

Old 23 Dec 2000, 14:09 (Ref:53958)   #3
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Martin de Miguel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I stated before he will be an exciting driver in the future, this year he will show a big improvement over last years performance. What would have happened if he would have got the Williams instead of Jenson?
Old 23 Dec 2000, 17:59 (Ref:53980)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heidfeld is supremely talented-this turn of speed is no fluke.

What is surprising is the Sauber: why weren't they so quick last season?

I think that as a rule they are fast out of the box but that they lag in developing the car and slide back as the season progresses. To be this quick with last seasons' car seems odd.

Recall though that the boy did prove himself pretty competetant when measured against Alesi.