Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 24 Nov 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1163032)   #1
racinthestreets
Racer

racinthestreets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PKV Team & Second Car

From Speed

I really want to see NH pushed next year. I think the PKV is heading in the right direction.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 18:42 (Ref:1163035)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great! A step in the right direction for the series in general if some of these ride-buyers can be replaced by guys who truly deserve seats.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 18:45 (Ref:1163037)   #3
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like Gonzo is gone. I wonder what will become of him?

PKV's biggest problem seems to be engineering. If KK wants to start winning they've got to address that.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 19:04 (Ref:1163057)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
They have, Snrub. There's been a major shakeup in the team, alot of folks have been replaced, and Jim McGee has been brought onboard.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 19:10 (Ref:1163066)   #5
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
From a recent ChampCar article:
Quote:
Bringing in McGee and his people has resulted in the departure of some of the team's longtime employees going back to the PacWest days.

"We had a lot of good people at PKV who have poured their heart and soul into the team and the team was moving forward, but not in the fashion that we want," Vasser says.

"We needed a shake-up and we looked at the people who could achieve that for us. I've been working for most of the season to try to get McGee into our fold. Nothing against any of the outgoing people, but anytime you get an opportunity to get a coach like a Joe Gibbs or Phil Jackson or Bill Parcells, you've got to get them. And of course, they're going to bring their staff with them. A lot of the changes we're having to make are because McGee has his team of people that he works with and is comfortable with."
Old 24 Nov 2004, 19:50 (Ref:1163110)   #6
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not to be a jerk, but I don't see the word "engineer" or "engineering" anywhere in that quote.

Last edited by Snrub; 24 Nov 2004 at 19:50.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 20:01 (Ref:1163117)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Well no... But who else would McGee be bringing as "his own staff"? I doubt if McGee brings his own tire-changers.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1163128)   #8
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't KK mention recently that next season an Aussie driver would have a full time ride with PKVR!?

Last edited by Dov; 24 Nov 2004 at 20:13.
Old 24 Nov 2004, 20:29 (Ref:1163148)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ryan DL would do a great job.
Old 27 Nov 2004, 07:19 (Ref:1165426)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Didn't KK mention recently that next season an Aussie driver would have a full time ride with PKVR!?
Its a dream... but is only really likely to see a 3rd car at the Surfers Paradise event again... in WPS colours...
Old 27 Nov 2004, 07:40 (Ref:1165434)   #11
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Its a dream... but is only really likely to see a 3rd car at the Surfers Paradise event again... in WPS colours...
That's what I expected. I heard WPS was going to commit 8 mil towards a full time champcar ride, but I always felt that unlikely.
Old 27 Nov 2004, 08:51 (Ref:1165465)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
you never know , Craig Gore has said that he WILL have a fulltime driver in the series but not many guys around to fill the role.

KB , you mentioned Ryan DL , can you explain please , im guessing Ryan briscoe but not sure what your on about there ???
Old 27 Nov 2004, 08:56 (Ref:1165469)   #13
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Ryan Dalziel?
Old 27 Nov 2004, 09:04 (Ref:1165474)   #14
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , why didnt he say that then ???

Ok so who is gonna answer what the go is with Gonzalez ???

I thought he did an OK job at PKV considering his experience.

has he run out of cash perhaps ?
Old 27 Nov 2004, 09:19 (Ref:1165488)   #15
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Kevin has stated outright that next year's driver will be based on talent, and not chequebook. He's stated it to the press, now he has no choice!

Besides, if you think about it, Jim McGee wouldn't have been talked out of retirement if that were not the case.
Old 27 Nov 2004, 09:22 (Ref:1165490)   #16
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
well good news I guess , a shame for gonzalez but i guess we should get a really good driver in there then
Old 27 Nov 2004, 11:59 (Ref:1165588)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , why didnt he say that then ???
DL = pronunciation of Dalziel
Old 27 Nov 2004, 12:00 (Ref:1165590)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wirdheim seems the most likely contender, but don't rule out Jourdain if he can't get naything elsewhere. I suspect KK won't choose his second driver until all of ChampCar's key marketing drivers are safely signed.
Old 27 Nov 2004, 18:36 (Ref:1165748)   #19
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Wirdheim seems the most likely contender, but don't rule out Jourdain if he can't get naything elsewhere. I suspect KK won't choose his second driver until all of ChampCar's key marketing drivers are safely signed.
Or he will and then suddenly a third car will appear if a "worst case scenario" happens!

Good news about hiring on merit (you'd have to say RUSport made the same choice!)

So, not only is the tide turning in the right direction where pay drivers are concerned, but with this news, the coolest looking cars on the grid could be winning races too!
Old 28 Nov 2004, 04:44 (Ref:1165980)   #20
astinus4
Racer

Australia
Darwin, Australia
astinus4 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
with this news, the coolest looking cars on the grid could be winning races too!
Hehe I was thinking the same thing as well. Both PKV cars and AJs Western Union machine looked awesome at Surfer's this year. Servia's black and gold car plus all 3 Forsythe ones were cool as well.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 22:15 (Ref:1167473)   #21
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
GBoehm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We need more red cars in the field, cuz red cars go faster. Ferrari proved that

Last edited by GBoehm; 29 Nov 2004 at 22:17.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 05:25 (Ref:1167652)   #22
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
That made me chuckle. My daughter honestly believes that red cars go faster! A red minivan is obviously faster than a white Porsche.