Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jun 2007, 23:43 (Ref:1931813)   #101
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
I remember not hearing the silver diesel car that was there the year I was there, forget the name
Was that 2004? If it was, you're referring to the Taurus-entered Lola-Caterpillar. I think I was faster on foot than that car....
Old 8 Jun 2007, 02:48 (Ref:1931859)   #102
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Dear all,

Shame, shame, shame on me... as mentionned above by Paul, I'll miss this one again... I didn't even had the time to pay a visit to the works on the track, when the companies who did them invited me...

But the worst is that I won't be able to meet you on thursday eve, as I initialy planned... professionnal appointements stick me in Nantes, 200 kms south of Le Mans...

2008 is already toasted too... I prefer non to mention it.

"Hope make live" (probably not English, but you'll never imagine how low my English skills went in 18 months without TT) : I'll be there in 2009. And with a little bit of luck, I'll do my "Bononi" (the old farts will undertstand) in September/October 2008, to prepare the 2009 season.

Three years off, you'll have plenty to tell to me !

But remember : I don't forget you, I'm just off for a moment, and, stick in my classroom, I'll think of you at the TT meeting time, and at the start (I'll secretly rise my glass of water , and my class mates will certainly think that I've lost my mind, ah ah !).

Love you all

Fab (not dead !)
Old 8 Jun 2007, 07:09 (Ref:1931951)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well!

It's good to hear from you mon ami, but I am very disappointed to hear about next year - despite my specific email instructions!!

But seriously, keep in touch (not like me!) and make sure that you reconsider your 2008 decision at every available opportunity - surely there must be some small chance?

Anyway, we will most certainly raise a glass to you on Saturday - and you can be sure to see the evidence on here or in your email in-box soon after!

Best wishes.

Ayse
Old 8 Jun 2007, 17:06 (Ref:1932450)   #104
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ouuuaaais !!! Champagne pour 2009 !
I'm sure there will be many things to celebrate ; first of all the come back of our fellow.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 20:57 (Ref:1932671)   #105
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shouldn't we test the champagne first - to make sure it's good enough?
Old 8 Jun 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1932673)   #106
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
look I'm thick ok - but could someone tell me very simply and very slowly where and when to be there on saturday. I'll bring free magazines as usual I promise!
Old 8 Jun 2007, 21:08 (Ref:1932682)   #107
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
11.30 next Saturday under the same tree as last year.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 21:10 (Ref:1932686)   #108
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Saturday after next.........

Can I bring my own tree?
Old 8 Jun 2007, 21:29 (Ref:1932705)   #109
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If theres gonna be a ten foot pin I'm sure we can accomodate another tree!
Old 8 Jun 2007, 21:51 (Ref:1932719)   #110
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That thing just gets bigger and bigger!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 8 Jun 2007, 23:16 (Ref:1932770)   #111
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
If theres gonna be a ten foot pin I'm sure we can accomodate another tree!
That's a ten foot YELLOW, INFLATABLE, HELIUM-FILLED pin, floating approximately 25 feet above the ground.

See you there....
Old 9 Jun 2007, 02:39 (Ref:1932839)   #112
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
Was that 2004? If it was, you're referring to the Taurus-entered Lola-Caterpillar. I think I was faster on foot than that car....
made me laugh that. As a fellow North American, you too must have also found the name funny, as in "Ford Taurus" (kind of a mediocre Ford sedan over here for you Europeans, it had a reputation of less than stellar build quality, my sisiter inlaw once had a Taurus station wagon, was crap; a neighbor had one too, crap too)
Old 9 Jun 2007, 03:00 (Ref:1932846)   #113
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
professionnal appointements stick me in Nantes, 200 kms south of Le Mans..
J'ai connu un mec de ce coin, "Jacquot de Nante"...joke. est-ce que tu as vu ce film, des années 80's je crois? Un trés beau petit film sur la famille et l'enfance. (c'est possible que je t'ai déjÃ* mentionné ça, je me semble que oui, ah la viellesse)

Too bad you can't make it, hopefully you will be able to view some of it on the télé like many of us. All the best with what is keeping you in Nantes et tout la reste aussi.

salut
Old 9 Jun 2007, 06:16 (Ref:1932938)   #114
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
J'ai connu un mec de ce coin, "Jacquot de Nante"...joke. est-ce que tu as vu ce film, des années 80's je crois? Un trés beau petit film sur la famille et l'enfance.
Nice local movie by Agnes Varda who gave the name of her firsdt movie to my daughter : Cleo ("Cleo from 5 to 7")

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
Too bad you can't make it, hopefully you will be able to view some of it on the télé like many of us.
No telly either : I'll be in a class room !

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when...
But we'll meet again some sunny day..." (I hope so !)

And happy birthday to KDR if he's around !
Old 9 Jun 2007, 09:50 (Ref:1933017)   #115
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
And happy birthday to KDR if he's around !
yep still around fab...just lurking and beginning to pack. i think i may pay a visit to ayse in the grandstand on saturday night to keep the old fella company. sorry you can't make it this year or next, i think i may have to miss 2008 also, but see you under the big yellow pin in 2009.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 14:31 (Ref:1933166)   #116
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
could someone id the tree for me - perhaps with a pic?
Old 9 Jun 2007, 15:02 (Ref:1933183)   #117
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Read the thread, you arse!
Old 9 Jun 2007, 15:04 (Ref:1933184)   #118
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

well said Craig.....!
Old 9 Jun 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1933204)   #119
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
could someone id the tree for me - perhaps with a pic?
first page, post #13
Old 9 Jun 2007, 16:21 (Ref:1933230)   #120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
I think i may pay a visit to ayse in the grandstand on saturday night to keep the old fella company...

That would be very welcome!
Have a safe journey.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 17:03 (Ref:1933258)   #121
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I should hopefully be there, barring any other commitments (doubt it!). Will introduce myself to a few more people this year...
Old 9 Jun 2007, 17:08 (Ref:1933266)   #122
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
See you there, Mike!

(I'll be the one at the back, trying to keep away from Jones! )
Old 9 Jun 2007, 19:14 (Ref:1933397)   #123
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig

(I'll be the one at the back, trying to keep away from Jones! )
I trust Jones is going to have a shave before he presents himself at the meeting this year!
Old 9 Jun 2007, 19:15 (Ref:1933398)   #124
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He might, I probably won't...
Old 9 Jun 2007, 20:11 (Ref:1933430)   #125
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like I will miss this event! I will only get to Le Mans between 12:00-12:30.