Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:10 (Ref:1941681)   #151
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I would also like to add my thanks for the wine which was much appreciated, nice to meet everyone and have just booked my camping for next year. see you all again in 1 year.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:24 (Ref:1941692)   #152
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Excellent meeting under the 'Big Yellow Pin' (nice one Paul )

Really good to see so many faces, old and new. Great attendance. I believe it was Ayse who commented that it was the largest gathering of members for the Le Mans meeting to date, and (unless I imagined it), it went on for about an hour and three quarters!

For the record, a glass was raised and a toast made to two important absent friends, Fab and AllonFS.
Well, a subset of us (kpy, Suze, not sure who else) continued until about 2 I think, which puts it well past 2 hours.

The pin worked rather well, didn't it? It was splendid to finally put faces to names (or, at least, voices for those who'd already had their mugs posted in this thread). Ayse, of course; Craig, whose ear I bent considerably; MikeH, Suze, sam, kpy, batmobile, Bernard (et Vincent, merci pour les pretzels), Pascal, Neil and father, Bentley, GT6, rdj... If I've missed you out, I apologize, the champers was making me chatty and less than attentive.

For what it's worth, I heard a shout out to AllonFS on RLM on race day.

Last edited by paul-collins; 19 Jun 2007 at 13:26.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Jun 2007, 14:58 (Ref:1941730)   #153
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for my absence again
I did try to find you guys and spent about 45 mins walking around with my google earth print-out trying to work out where all the village tents fit into it and therefore where the meet was.
Were you somewhere near the grand marnier creperie or the bp ultimate setup? Hope you all had a good time and hopefully will get to meet you all next year.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 15:04 (Ref:1941733)   #154
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
sorry i didn't stay long and only talked to rob and ayse. i'm a shy retiring type..not good at meetings. not sure about next year, will definitely be there for the return of fab and coupes though.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 15:11 (Ref:1941737)   #155
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage
Were you somewhere near the grand marnier creperie or the bp ultimate setup?
Yes, we were right across from the Michelin tire/tyre change competition, which was beside the bp ultimate thingy. You didn't see the poster of the yellow thumb tack we'd taped up on the tree, obviously.

Ker, sorry to have missed you.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Jun 2007, 15:28 (Ref:1941754)   #156
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Photo!
Attached Thumbnails
tenths2007.jpg  
Old 19 Jun 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1941812)   #157
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many appologies for my absence too! Just too busy at Speedchills to get there! Knew where it would be as I was there on Friday after being in the Creation garage, just couldn't repeat the journey 24hrs later. Sorry guys and gals, maybe catch you all in a couple of years when I go again?
Old 19 Jun 2007, 19:42 (Ref:1941974)   #158
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I was thinking of you guys, so thanks for raising a glass and if I really got a mentioned on RLM a big thank you to whoever organised that.

Having conveniently missed a wet year, fingers crossed I will be back with the sun next year.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:01 (Ref:1941989)   #159
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
You were missed, Allon, had no one to keep Carl under control in your absense Seriously, it seemed weird without you, fella, make sure you get yourself down there next year!

As to the mention on the radio, that was organised by Graham from DSC, I am trying to get a copy as an MP3 as it was recorded by a rather special person... will pop it in the post along with the photos when I get it.

To everyone else, it was great to meet up with the regulars and new-comers alike. I couldn't believe it was 2.5 hours we were there... it seemed about 20 minutes!
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1941994)   #160
Hursty
Rookie

Hursty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig - Many thanks for your hospitality again this year. I do have that sinking feeling of being back at work, but will see what happens closer to next year. At least we know who's organising things next year!?
Allon, we missed your level-head on Sunday night, although if I remember two years ago, you were doing very similar things as Carl and Andy were doing. Cryptic maybe, but we'll catch up. Mike.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 21:08 (Ref:1942065)   #161
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't even know this thread existed!

I did see ss_collins on Thurs but knowing he would be working I left him to be.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 23:59 (Ref:1942146)   #162
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
I did see ss_collins on Thurs but knowing he would be working I left him to be.
I was under no such compunction.

-Bill James
Old 20 Jun 2007, 01:11 (Ref:1942172)   #163
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well our car made it to Le Mans Wednesday night after the rushed repairs, but we couldn't make it to the TT meet as our ordered taxi arrived 45 mins late on Saturday morning! My daughter noticed the picture of the pin on the tree on Sunday, that brought a smile to my face as I was wondering excatly where the meet had taken place. The whole village area certainly feels like a strange place nowadays, perhaps it will take a few more years to feel 'homely'.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 11:06 (Ref:1942425)   #164
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
For what it's worth, I heard a shout out to AllonFS on RLM on race day.
Same, and a mention to tenths at the same time.

Thanks for the wine, don't think I said that either....! Glad to hear Vincent enjoyed it.

KDR, don't remember seeing you at the meet but did see you at a service station on the way down [you said hi to Sam who was filling up the car....]

Zac, you can "interrupt" Sam!
Old 20 Jun 2007, 11:26 (Ref:1942432)   #165
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
that was again a very nice meeting. thanks all for coming, and as it appears to grow each year, I wonder how much we'll be next year ... hopefully we won't block the entire place du village
I've got a few pictures that I'll try to post tonight (as Ayse's pics seem to be a bit over exposed)
shame I didn't even say hello to you, Ker. I saw you and a couple of seconds later, you were already gone !
Old 20 Jun 2007, 12:04 (Ref:1942457)   #166
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
suze yes i remember seeing you in the front of the car and remembered from the picture from last year when you were next to sam that you were indeed suze.. i don't think sam and your good self had arrived yet this year when i was there.

bernard and paul sorry i couldn't hang around, i had to rush off and take some pictures of someone with some other people for some magazine. when someone gets a thread going on the photography forum i'll put some of my pictures on from this year.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 12:06 (Ref:1942462)   #167
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice to meet you all, I'm the one in the red t-shirt

Andy.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 12:36 (Ref:1942489)   #168
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah maybe I did miss you then kdr....though we were one of the first ones there I think! We were with Gavin Ireland [gi_gav] at the petrol station too.

It did go on longer than I've found before, I know Paul and I went to get lunch / champagne / beer etc! It must've been 2 / 2.15 before we left.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1942502)   #169
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, we were right across from the Michelin tire/tyre change competition, which was beside the bp ultimate thingy. You didn't see the poster of the yellow thumb tack we'd taped up on the tree, obviously.

Ker, sorry to have missed you.
Unfortunately not - couldn't see the wood for the trees! Maybe i was sporting a worse hangover than i thought, but I did search for a good 45 mins before consoling myself in the Kanterbrau beer tent not far from you guys so i was almost there in person as well as spirit!
Next year i will find you!!!
Old 20 Jun 2007, 13:00 (Ref:1942513)   #170
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
bernard and paul sorry i couldn't hang around, i had to rush off and take some pictures of someone with some other people for some magazine. when someone gets a thread going on the photography forum i'll put some of my pictures on from this year.
Just as well that I didn't bring my Laban book for you to sign then!

-Bill James
Old 20 Jun 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1942518)   #171
kdr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Ah maybe I did miss you then kdr....though we were one of the first ones there I think! We were with Gavin Ireland [gi_gav] at the petrol station too.

It did go on longer than I've found before, I know Paul and I went to get lunch / champagne / beer etc! It must've been 2 / 2.15 before we left.
i saw gavin in the media centre and down at tertre rouge on sunday around 7am. there were a lot more people at the meeting than in previous years for sure, its beginning to get to the stage where you can be in the same place and still not see everyone.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 13:06 (Ref:1942520)   #172
kdr
Veteran

Quote:
Just as well that I didn't bring my Laban book for you to sign then!
i must admit i shamelessly ripped off my own "sleeping marshall in front of golden 24 heures du mans sign" picture again this year, minus the sleeping marshall this time..
Old 20 Jun 2007, 17:20 (Ref:1942701)   #173
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
a few people of the group:
2007 meeting part 1
2007 meeting part 2
Old 20 Jun 2007, 17:53 (Ref:1942732)   #174
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Pilgrimage, there's the pin! Thanks, bernard.

-Bill James
Old 20 Jun 2007, 18:31 (Ref:1942776)   #175
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The Pin!
Mike enjoying RCE
Jones boring Aysedasi
New friends from North America

Great to meet up with you all again and put a few faces to the names - good to meet neiltbag, chefkln, Paul Collins and Bentley03 especially. Any more photos to come?

Last edited by Craig; 20 Jun 2007 at 18:33.