Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jun 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3270188)   #1
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
was the 77 Dempsey spin due to contact?

Havent been able to figure this out, was there actually contact with the Audi or was it like last years Corvette Porsche curve incident (or was it the year before, cant recall) where it was down to being slightly off line due to the P1 car coming through?
It seems to me that RLM said there was contact, but I didnt see this happen, wasnt watching a screen at the time and internet replays dont seem to show exactly what happened.

just curious. cheers
Old 26 Jun 2013, 22:38 (Ref:3270221)   #2
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't remember seeing any incident with the Dempsey car and an Audi, do you have a link to one the replays (even if they don't show it exactly)?
Old 26 Jun 2013, 23:20 (Ref:3270238)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was it Dempsey that got spun off by an over eager LMP2 a couple hours in? Didn't remember an Audi/Dempsey incident but couldn't watch every minute unfortunately.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3270386)   #4
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Demspey car spun at the first corner when he was in the car at around 2am, I believe from the replays a blue P2 car hit him from the rear and spun him (my money would be on DKR but that's just a hunch with no proof). He had a precarious time getting the car back going while in a blind spot on a fast corner.

Don't recall an incident with an Audi?
Old 27 Jun 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3270454)   #5
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am almost sure it was hit by the #39 DKR Lola B11, the one which was a moving chicane throughout the race (even spun under yellow flag period)
Old 27 Jun 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3270460)   #6
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are we talking about the incident at the esses? If we are, I saw that happen but I thought that was the #88.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3270468)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It happened as I was watching from the grandstand. I can't be sure if there was actual contact, but a P2 car went past and pulled back in to take his line way too quickly, causing Dempsey to spin. This was at the entrance to Dunlop. I'm certain it wasn't an Audi - but I thought the offending car was a dark colour.....
Old 27 Jun 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3270474)   #8
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC94_3IuXaU

Was the fast right after pits, the vid shows a prototype car, I heard it on rlm and I thought they said kristiansen, but I was half asleep and its all a blur. The clip doesn't show the other car well enough to my untrained eyes.

Certainly a spot to be extremely careful pulling out.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 12:02 (Ref:3270479)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's the one. I'm certain it wasn't an Audi - and although the offending car on the replay is highly indistinct, it doesn't change my view. From my recollection at the time, I was sure it was a P2 car. The prototype driver though was totally at fault.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3270482)   #10
djb
Veteran

Hi ayse, i was at the race and was showing an old friend around France and then to the race, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to pop into the 10/10ths meet, things were quite rushed and my friend was rather overwhelmed by the whole thing. Would have been fun to see some old names from here. I dont come on much at all anymore, but can't believe its been 13 years since I discovered this forum.
Thanks all for the p2 confirm.
Cheers, perhaps another year.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3270484)   #11
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's the one. I'm certain it wasn't an Audi - and although the offending car on the replay is highly indistinct, it doesn't change my view. From my recollection at the time, I was sure it was a P2 car. The prototype driver though was totally at fault.
It looks indistinct, but two things can actually be seen: it's a closed car with a straight roof intake, and it DOESN'T have the extended wheelarches. So from this, I would assume it's whichever LMP2 Lotus was still running at the time.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3270486)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That would certainly fit with my reckoning that it was a dark coloured car, Victor.....
Old 27 Jun 2013, 12:56 (Ref:3270530)   #13
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought it was a Lotus but then noticed that it doesn't have the long, vertical headlamps of the T128 which makes me think it's the HVM Status GP Lola.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 13:29 (Ref:3270566)   #14
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I thought it was a Lotus but then noticed that it doesn't have the long, vertical headlamps of the T128 which makes me think it's the HVM Status GP Lola.
Also possible, the Dempsey incident happened about an hour before the HVM Lola crashed on its own.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 14:01 (Ref:3270591)   #15
djb
Veteran

Ive just downloaded all the RLM podcasts and plan to listen to the whole race again over the next weeks to fill in the gaps so to speak, Ive done this before (usually listen to them in the winter sometime) but especially this year as I found being at the race meant I was actually more disconnected from keeping track of things than watching it at home.

note to self: for the next time Im at the race, to purchase a set of those construction worker type large ear defender units with the radio built in, they look like they work well.

My friend pretty much enjoyed it, although he did have the unfortunate experience of being pickpocketed after the end of the race, which added a fair amount of unneeded drama Sunday evening and Monday morning dealing with police reports and trying to get onto a flight back to Canada minus a passport....all worked out in the end but certainly was an adrenaline rush not entirely appreciated.
Old 27 Jun 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3270598)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb View Post

note to self: for the next time Im at the race, to purchase a set of those construction worker type large ear defender units with the radio built in, they look like they work well.
Believe me, they do!