Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 May 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3250785)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dessert The Official 2013 10Tenths Le Mans Garage Visit - Oak Racing

And so to the important announcements regarding the Official 2013 10Tenths Garage Visit.....

Firstly, the lucky 20 who have been allocated places on the visit, which is provisionally scheduled to begin at 14:30 on Friday 21st June.

19 of the places were easily selected, and yes, there are some very familiar names on the list. But, the 20th place gave us a real headache.

10 members were under consideration for that final place, and a strong case could be put forward for each and every one of them. In the end, we decided to offer the final place to a member who has not previously attended one of our visits, but who has contributed very positively to sportscar discussion on the forum over the past year.

So, as always, my sincere apologies to those who I know will be disappointed to have missed out on a place.

That said, I can reveal that there is the 'possibility' of a visit (different team) on the Friday morning. If this second visit comes to fruition, priority will be given to those we have been unable to offer places to for the Friday afternoon visit. Nothing confirmed (as yet), but please watch this space!

And so, without further ado, the luck 20 are:

Aysedasi
Victor_Ro
GT6
vincegail
Simmi
Tim the Grey
lemansfan
nobster
batmobile
bernard b
Bentley03
CTD
GTfour
Gingers4Justice
isynge
Kpy
one77
Dani Filth
PascaLM
Mike E

Please keep a close eye on this thread for details of what you will need to do over the next few days, with regard to registering with the team who will be hosting us. There will also be details of the time and place we will need to meet on the day.

The identity of the team who will be hosting us in 2013 will be revealed in due course by our 'mystery' 2013 garage visit organiser in due course.....
Old 20 May 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3250787)   #2
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you James!
I'm so grateful for this place, and really look forward to discovering the team, and the visit itself!

again
Thank you!

and I would like to add my interest in all other events you might make possible (like the Audi visit on thursday last year)
Old 20 May 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3250793)   #3
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Means a lot to be selected from a BIG list of such great contributors. Thank you.
Old 20 May 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3250794)   #4
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, no mystery more.
Our hosts for the Official 2013 10Tenths Le Mans Garage Visit are...........

OAK RACING
Old 20 May 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3250795)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
May I be the first to say......

THANK YOU ERIC!!!!!
Old 20 May 2013, 21:45 (Ref:3250798)   #6
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! Well done to those lucky few!

I knew I should have posted more on here throughout the year, pesky work getting in the way!!
Old 20 May 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3250802)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Tremendously pleased, first of all about getting a place, but also by the hosts.

An exciting team who are doing a vast amount for sportscar racing in the widest possible way.

Was looking forward to June's trip as much as ever before, this just adds a bit of icing on to the cake.

Huge thanks to James, Eric, and everyone involved in putting this together.
Old 20 May 2013, 21:56 (Ref:3250803)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Big thanks to you too Eric!
OAK racing has become one of the true Le Mans teams, like WM/WR, Pescarolo and Courage!
It will be fantastic to visit them.
Old 20 May 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3250818)   #9
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Wow!

Thanks for the invite! I am very much obliged!
Old 20 May 2013, 23:45 (Ref:3250836)   #10
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks so much for the invitation. What an opportunity!
I'm sure a lot of hard work went into making this possible.
Looking forward very much to meeting you other lucky invitees 3 weeks on Friday - gosh is it that close already
Old 20 May 2013, 23:55 (Ref:3250838)   #11
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, I can't say I was expecting this!

Thank you very much!!

It means a lot to be even considered.

A massive thank you to batmobile for organising it with OAK.

Last edited by Gingers4Justice; 21 May 2013 at 00:08.
Old 21 May 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3250842)   #12
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I think the title needs to be changed, Bentley, to the Official 2013 10Tenths Le Mans Garage Visit.

That being said, a tremendous congratulations for everyone who was included. I'm still relatively new here (I will be celebrating my 1st anniversary on the forum later this summer) but I hope to get in next year. Great job for organizing this, as usual. It's encouraging to see 10Tenths members mixing with actual teams. I hope you guys have fun at OAK!
Old 21 May 2013, 04:05 (Ref:3250897)   #13
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
wow, thanks all for placing me in.
and a big thank to Eric for building this up.

a french team: couldn't miss that; just hope pink clothes won't be mandatory...
Old 21 May 2013, 06:07 (Ref:3250921)   #14
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratultions to every lucky one of you, hope you have a great visit. Sadly I was not selected, but there is always hope....
Old 21 May 2013, 06:08 (Ref:3250922)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well feeling rather good this morning a great feeling, my thanks to Eric for all his work in organising this visit, Oak are one of the really hard working teams at le mans and other WEC races, they show a passion for the sport that is reflected on this forum so we should get on well. see everyone in 4 weeks time.
Old 21 May 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3250929)   #16
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Thanks so much! And thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes.
Old 21 May 2013, 06:52 (Ref:3250932)   #17
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

Thanks so much! And thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes.
You do realise, I hope, that your attendance at the Saturday morning 10Tenths meeting is now mandatory, further to your selection.

Old 21 May 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3250935)   #18
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I think the title needs to be changed, Bentley, to the Official 2013 10Tenths Le Mans Garage Visit.
Oops....good spot....thank you!
Old 21 May 2013, 07:02 (Ref:3250936)   #19
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
You do realise, I hope, that your attendance at the Saturday morning 10Tenths meeting is now mandatory, further to your selection.

yessir!
Old 21 May 2013, 07:15 (Ref:3250943)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Well done Eric and James - I hope you all have a great time.
Old 21 May 2013, 07:21 (Ref:3250945)   #21
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Well done Eric and James - I hope you all have a great time.
All down to Eric....I've had my feet up all Winter!
Old 21 May 2013, 07:28 (Ref:3250947)   #22
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I should probably mention, in case anyone is not aware, that one77 is Stephane, Eric's brother, who has very much become a part of our Le Mans 'family' over the years. Under the circumstances, it was unthinkable not to include him.
Old 21 May 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3250948)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Many thanks to Eric for organising this and to James for undertaking the task of selecting the fortunate ones. I'm very grateful!
Old 21 May 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3250960)   #24
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
just hope pink clothes won't be mandatory...
Maybe everyone should wear one item of pink clothing haha. See you all in exactly a month.
Old 21 May 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3250961)   #25
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to everyone going, no doubt I'll wave you all off when Simmi heads over.