Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 May 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3252204)   #51
JMW964
Rookie

Belgium
Bastogne, BEL
JMW964 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to the lucky few. Sure you will have a great time!
Old 23 May 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3252210)   #52
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Eric please do not put yourself down, that is to english by far, you have worked hard on our behalf and we are all very grateful.

This Man ( Eric ) lives in the promised Country ( or Town )
Old 23 May 2013, 16:19 (Ref:3252211)   #53
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I think Le mans is a city but i know what you mean
Old 23 May 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3252214)   #54
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Cathedral: check.
So indeed a city. Don't know if that criterium is still valid though?
Old 23 May 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3252253)   #55
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I think that only applies to the UK.

Not sure exactly what makes a city in France - probably the central government.

Either way, Le Mans is too big to be called a town, by French standards at least.

Although its English twin is Bolton which is a town in the UK of roughly the same size.

Not sure Bolton has a team of quite the same calibre as OAK Racing
Old 23 May 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3252256)   #56
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
The French word for city is the same for that for a town, ville. In France, there is no distinction between a town and a city.
Old 23 May 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3252257)   #57
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
...and a train station, an airport, a couple museums...

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 23 May 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3252260)   #58
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Le Mans is a place where 170000 persons live, where there is effectively an airport, a train station, a river...........but something we can't see anywhere else: its circuit!!!!! So no brainstorm...........please
Old 23 May 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3252280)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's still my favourite place in France, whatever it is.......
Old 23 May 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3252282)   #60
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Not sure Bolton has a team of quite the same calibre as OAK Racing
RLR Racing who ran the Murphy operation until this year were based in Bolton. Good Bolton fact for you there.
Old 23 May 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3252302)   #61
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's still my favourite place in France, whatever it is.......
I'll drink to that!
And i'll add that it's my favorite place outside of Scandinavia! (most say, I haven't been to many places)
Old 23 May 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3252304)   #62
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll drink to whatever. I'll have to get my timing right so I can share a toast with you guys on Saturday.

If I do my math right, noon at Le Mans is 5AM here in Dallas. That's not too early for a Woodford Reserve or a glass of pineau des charentes, is it?
Old 23 May 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3252311)   #63
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblanshard View Post
I'll drink to whatever. I'll have to get my timing right so I can share a toast with you guys on Saturday.

If I do my math right, noon at Le Mans is 5AM here in Dallas. That's not too early for a Woodford Reserve or a glass of pineau des charentes, is it?
It's never too early, or late, for a Woodford Reserve
Old 23 May 2013, 20:04 (Ref:3252313)   #64
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
It's always 17 o'clock in Pineau des Charentes ville
Old 23 May 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3252342)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
woodford reserve? is that the lovely stuff you brought last year
Old 23 May 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3252354)   #66
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I think Eric was just referring to the geographical convenience of Oak being based in his home town....which just happens to be the 'Mecca' of sportscar racing for many of us.

Eric has been working on this since before Le Mans last year. And, (now that the team is sadly no more) I'm sure he won't mind me revealing that he was in negotiations with Pescarolo before that, in an attempt to secure a garage visit for us with the team last year. For logistical reasons, this was eventually not possible, and his efforts sadly came to nought.

Yes, Eric has been working VERY hard, and over a long period of time, on our behalf......
The small history to organize this visit. Last year, In May, I went to the Technopole to try to get a garage visit either with Pescarolo .
When I entered in the Pescarolo factory, requiring a visit for an international fanatics' group, I was replied that they didn't know because tehy were a small team and couldn't say how they would be organized for this visit. Seeing the Dome in the site, I asked if I could look at it and took some shots:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-c...4+17.06.01.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8...4+17.06.31.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-s...4+17.05.39.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-h...4+17.06.01.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2...4+17.06.10.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-F...4+17.06.16.jpg
But before going out they only gave me their card and say I could try to call them later . at this moment, I didn't feel a real possibility to visit.
I was very disappointed. But one week later, I met a friend who knew someone in the Oak Racing team. An incredible chance.
Calling him he said it was a very interesting project and I had to recall him 1 week later. Then he said then unfortunately, it was too late.
But I had to call him for 2013 visit in October. In october he answered recall in november. Like that each month. In February I had a big doubt for the visit and I said my doubt to my interlocutor who answered I had no to be worried, only it is very difficult for the teams to organize an event like the 24 hours.
At last I have got the appointment to get our great visit ready .
That's all Folks.
Old 23 May 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3252358)   #67
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantastic work Eric - thank you so much
Old 23 May 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3252368)   #68
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Again. Thank you so much Eric!
I truelly appreciate this and the video from my GS seat!
Can't really express my gratitude enough!
Old 23 May 2013, 21:38 (Ref:3252379)   #69
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Eric, you are a real star and I appreciate everything you have done if you get a chance and are close by come into the camp site on TR on Wednesday or friday and you can sample the red wine that has been discussed else where on the forum or you can have a beer will be plenty of familiar faces on TR this year
Old 24 May 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3252522)   #70
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
woodford reserve? is that the lovely stuff you brought last year
No Robert Blanshard took it from the States last year.
thanks to Robert I now drink it at home as well, real good stuff!
Old 24 May 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3252533)   #71
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
The small history to organize this visit. Last year, In May, I went to the Technopole to try to get a garage visit either with Pescarolo .
When I entered in the Pescarolo factory, requiring a visit for an international fanatics' group, I was replied that they didn't know because tehy were a small team and couldn't say how they would be organized for this visit. Seeing the Dome in the site, I asked if I could look at it and took some shots:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-c...4+17.06.01.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8...4+17.06.31.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-s...4+17.05.39.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-h...4+17.06.01.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2...4+17.06.10.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-F...4+17.06.16.jpg
But before going out they only gave me their card and say I could try to call them later . at this moment, I didn't feel a real possibility to visit.
I was very disappointed. But one week later, I met a friend who knew someone in the Oak Racing team. An incredible chance.
Calling him he said it was a very interesting project and I had to recall him 1 week later. Then he said then unfortunately, it was too late.
But I had to call him for 2013 visit in October. In october he answered recall in november. Like that each month. In February I had a big doubt for the visit and I said my doubt to my interlocutor who answered I had no to be worried, only it is very difficult for the teams to organize an event like the 24 hours.
At last I have got the appointment to get our great visit ready .
That's all Folks.
Story about how it all came together adds to appeal of this year's visit.

Mind you, should probably be careful next time I enter the US now I've been described as being a member of a group of international fanatics!
Old 24 May 2013, 08:20 (Ref:3252540)   #72
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
No Robert Blanshard took it from the States last year.
thanks to Robert I now drink it at home as well, real good stuff!
That is what I meant, english is strange the same word or very similar can have many meanings, it this context I was saying he brought it to le mans from home rather than bought it (purchased it) in Le mans.

English has a habit of doing this and also absorbing words from other languages so sometimes the same thing/activity can be called many different things so I have great respect for those not brought(this time it means raised/taught) up with english who then learn it.
Old 24 May 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3252550)   #73
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Story about how it all came together adds to appeal of this year's visit.

Mind you, should probably be careful next time I enter the US now I've been described as being a member of a group of international fanatics!
, I'm very confused if I made a mistake with the vocabulary I used. Of course I wanted to say international 24 hours of le mans fans'group. Am I Correct like this?
Old 24 May 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3252556)   #74
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Don't worry Eric, it is the same thing i have mentioned on another section of the forum. English can take one word and put several meanings to it, in this case the word Fanatic, which is often used these days to describe people that are called terrorist by others. The meaning of words in english can change very fast and that can catch people out, if you describe some one as Gay in the days of the TV show the flintstones it did not mean what it does today.
Old 24 May 2013, 09:19 (Ref:3252560)   #75
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
But you can have gay gay people of course. Most of them I know are, btw.