Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Jun 2013, 07:02 (Ref:3264188)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
THE SECOND 2013 10Tenths Le Mans Garage Visit - Greaves Motorsport

This is the culmination of what (for some considerable time) has been 'a work in progress'. First contact from the team was as long ago as November 2010 (if memory serves me right)!

So, it is with HUGE thanks to the team in question, that I can reveal our hosts for our SECOND 2013 10Tenths Le Mans garage visit will be.....

GREAVES MOTORSPORT

The visit will take place on Friday morning. The scheduled start time will be 11am and the visit will follow our usual 2 group format There will be 2 groups of 6.

I would ask everyone involved to meet against the pit wall opposite the Greaves Motorsport garages no later than 10:45am.

I have allocated all the places to members not selected for the afternoon visit....the list (in no particular order) is as follows:

Alex Toropov
Elaviel
whitemr2
wewantourdarbyback
Natalia
Beetle
eps
Truckosaurus
Muppetdave901
kpkorsager
Dominique
tonypowe

If the timing of the visit makes it difficult for any of you to attend, please try to let me know as soon as possible. It is imperative that we have a full compliment of Tenthers for the visit. That said, I suspect there will be a fair number of 'veterans' on hand should a place become available!

As is always the case, any major 'incident' involving one of the cars on Wednesday or Thursday could lead to the cancellation of the garage visit....the team will be too busy to host us.

My renewed thanks to Greaves Motorsport, I shall look forward to seeing you all on Friday, for what I am sure will be a terrific garage visit!
Old 18 Jun 2013, 07:17 (Ref:3264195)   #2
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Another group of lucky sods. Great work again their James. ;-)
Old 18 Jun 2013, 07:31 (Ref:3264202)   #3
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow and woo hoo! James many thanks to you and all involved for arranging this.

Old 18 Jun 2013, 07:35 (Ref:3264203)   #4
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Well done indeed James.
Looking forward to comparing notes between the lucky groups on Saturday.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 08:02 (Ref:3264221)   #5
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great work James!
And you know I will be on the spot if anyone misses theirs
Old 18 Jun 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3264263)   #6
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Picture from last year, in honour of the lucky ones
Old 18 Jun 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3264264)   #7
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Very happy to see this. Will bee the Crown of this years trip. unless the winner is the #2 Audi, then it will be a fine 2. place.

look forward to see you all on Saturday.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3264283)   #8
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Hopefully all the people on the list check their internet! I believe some have already left on their travels?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3264284)   #9
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
See you all there
Old 18 Jun 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3264288)   #10
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank you James for making this possible, I feel very honored, like I earlier said and learned on Tenths, the icing on the cake.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3264303)   #11
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
well done James !
Old 18 Jun 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3264305)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
might mess up my plans for the GBW, Helen will be either have to stay behind and then she can collect the others from there when i get back with the car for the oak visit, or we just let the others go and we both just miss the GBW, either way will not miss the visits for sure.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3264311)   #13
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Another top job, Gents. Well Done to ALL involved.
Old 18 Jun 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3264319)   #14
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!

Last edited by Tim the Grey; 18 Jun 2013 at 11:40. Reason: Double Entry Computing
Old 18 Jun 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3264320)   #15
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!

the second group's target

BTW, Dominique ik OK and will be there
Old 19 Jun 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3264733)   #16
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just wanted to confirm on behalf of wwodb that he's seen this and will be there. Awesome stuff.
Old 19 Jun 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3264748)   #17
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks a lot for this great opportunity! Awesome job!
Old 19 Jun 2013, 16:01 (Ref:3264943)   #18
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
*cough, splutter*

Well, merci! Will be there by 10-ish and ready to explore the Greaves Motorsport garage.

Thank you SO MUCH for inviting me to this meeting - it means a great deal to me and I will enjoy it immensely, as will everyone else invited.
Old 21 Jun 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3265965)   #19
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Greaves visit underway with small groups
The other ones waiting outside

Old 21 Jun 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3265982)   #20
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
lucky bar stewards!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 21 Jun 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3266099)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I wasn't a visitor this time, but I did hear what those who were had to say about it afterwards. All highly positive - everyone seemed to enjoy it immensely!
Old 21 Jun 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3266119)   #22
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great time at Greaves Motorsport this morning. Really enjoyed going behind the scenes and seeing so much of the Greaves operation.
Many thanks to John for showing us round and talking us through everything and good luck to Greaves, hope you have a better time in the race than in qually.

And big thanks to bentley03 for organising it (once again!).
Old 21 Jun 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3266123)   #23
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank You Greaves Motorsport!

Well, we owe a massive debt of gratitude to Greaves Motorsport. Despite an extremely challenging couple of days on track, and with their pit crew facing a full day's work in the garages, they accommodated a 'revised' 10Tenths Garage Visit which began at the appointed time.

An early morning phone call from John Brooks, who was due to host our garage visit, brought news that the team were in full work mode in the garages and that the 'planned' visit would, by necessity, need to be somewhat shortened. Moreover, access to the garages would need to be limited due to the ongoing work being undertaken by the crew. But, he said, he would see what he could do.

What transpired, turned out to be rather different to what John had described to me over the phone....

Instead of 2 groups of 6 lucky Tenthers, he split the 12 into 4 groups of 3. And, what I had assumed would be a whistle stop peek into the Greaves garages for each group, turned out to be 4 full blown tours of the garages.

John showed each group all areas of their garage set up, giving a full commentary of what they were seeing, together with a comprehensive explanation of all aspects of the Greaves Motorsport operation. Needless to say, the visits were thoroughly enjoyed by those involved.

John, you are a legend, you really did us proud!

On behalf of 10Tenths (and the 12 lucky forum members, who I am sure will offer their sincere thanks individually, as and when they have internet access), a HUGE thank you to you for hosting us so brilliantly, and to Greaves Motorsport for accommodating our members. We understand that this is a special privilege and are all extremely grateful!

THANK YOU!
Old 21 Jun 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3266124)   #24
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I felt so lucky today, the visit was supposed to be short but still they managed to show us arround and made us feel very welcome. A big thanks to Greaves and James.
THANKS
Old 21 Jun 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3266129)   #25
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
James, you made my day! Thanks for making me part of this visit
And a big thank you to John Brooks for taking his time for us. No need to say I'm a fan of his work, I couldn't dream of a better guide.