Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Jun 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3266157)   #26
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wwodb has been raving about the visit. All credit to Greaves and we'll certainly be giving them out support tomorrow.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3268728)   #27
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Hi.
Would like to thank Greaves for taking the time to show us around the pits. It was exiting to see how much team effort goes into a Le Mans entery.

Thanks,

Kenn
Old 24 Jun 2013, 11:00 (Ref:3268794)   #28
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank you to the Greaves crew and James for organising the trip.

Doing the mini-tours in groups of 3 made it better than if we'd all been together IMHO.

Crappy phone picture:

Old 24 Jun 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3268907)   #29
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The garage visit was one of the highlights of this year's Le Mans for me It was interesting to see behind the scenes and go round the other side of the partition walls. The smaller format of 2-3 people at a time worked really well, as we had a much more personal tour and insight.

Many thanks to all involved in organising it, the team were mega busy at that time, having had problems with engines, gearboxes and also had lost a substantial running due to the high number of Red Flag incidents in the preceding practice sessions. It was good to see and have explained their innovations and see that they are looking to licence technology and leverage it to their own advantage and others. This bodes well for their future.

Old 24 Jun 2013, 16:11 (Ref:3268987)   #30
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The visit was brilliant, especially considering the pressure they were under, they could not have been more accommodating to us. John explained absolutely everything that was going on and exactly what problems they were facing. He told us the history and background of the team and even went into their future plans and explained Greaves's expansion into manufacturing pit kit.

There were no restrictions placed on pictures and he even had us pose at the end of it for a photo in the back area of the pit.

I will post up the few pictures I took (was far too interested in listening to what I was being told and forgot to take pics of everything) when I can.

Thank you to all at Greaves, especially John and to James for organising the trip.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 17:21 (Ref:3269036)   #31
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Nice to meet all of you guys in person, even nicer to go inside the pit garage of a LMS team!!! Thank you James! Really, it means a lot, which I hope I expressed well enough at the time. It has been a true honor.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3269143)   #32
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Incredible, i cant eblieve how accomodating they were dispite their situation. wa great to hear the history and understand the pressures they were under with the cars.

Very well organised James and John and greatly appreciated!
Old 27 Jun 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3270593)   #33
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am soooooooooo sorry guys - just got home from France and got the PC on to start work and see this announcement!

I tried to log in to ten tenths on my phone whilst I was out there, but it got all funny with this malware warning that was floating about, so I never got on the site and hence never saw this. I am truly gutted, as I 'won' the Aston pit tour with Pistonheads, which was unfortunately cancelled for obvious reasons.

I really hope that I didn't inconvenience anyone, nor did I cause any kind of offence with a no-show, had I have known I would have been there like a shot (
Old 29 Jun 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3271648)   #34
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello, guys!
Thank you for the opportunity for me and Natalia to enjoy this amazing experience!
John Brooks is great guide! Many interesting stories from him!
I really like the fact, that it wasn't something formal and purely PR, John Brooks is clearly a great enthusiast of motor racing!!! Thank you Greaves, thank you James and all involved!!!

Later, we also were lucky enough to stay for a couple of hours in G-Drive/Delta ADR garage next to Greaves pits.
Roman Rusinov was busy on Friday, but James Walker appeared in the garage with some gentleman and his son.
James was explaining a lof of things for them, just like John Brookes, we were listening too, so it was great!
I'll try to upload the pictures from G-Drive garage tomorrow, so you can enjoy them too!
Really grateful to both Greaves and G-Drive teams! It was huge privilege to be able to see the team work from inside!!!
Old 30 Jun 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3271845)   #35
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now that I am feeling a little more human, it is time to say to all those who enjoyed their visit to our pitbox that the pleasure was all ours. All of those working for Greaves Motorsport (as opposed to myself just swanning about) are enthusiasts who remember their time on the other side of the fence.

Without the fans Le Mans would be just another race, your support matters to the team. We thank you for it. I would hazard a guess that the majority of the paddock would endorse these views.

So if you get time post up any shots or stories that you have from your visit to us or anything else that relates to our team at Le Mans to our FaceBook page . (Yes Mods, I know this is cheeky but what can you expect from a desperate PR person?).
Old 30 Jun 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3271886)   #36
Alex Toropov
Racer

Samoan Attorney, thank you for this great lucky opportunity! What is the address of Greaves Facebook page?

By the way, I wrote some kind of the story about our Le Mans visit for russian enthusiasts, it's in russian language, but the translation from russian to english, made by Google, is decent enough, if you want to read it and watch some of the photos: http://translate.google.com/translat...3D4381&act=url
I hope, such link is allowed here...
Old 30 Jun 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3272110)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Alex, thank you for posting the link, it was very interesting to read and I even appeared in a few of the pgotos
Old 1 Jul 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3272280)   #38
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Toropov View Post
Samoan Attorney, thank you for this great lucky opportunity! What is the address of Greaves Facebook page?

By the way, I wrote some kind of the story about our Le Mans visit for russian enthusiasts, it's in russian language, but the translation from russian to english, made by Google, is decent enough, if you want to read it and watch some of the photos: http://translate.google.com/translat...3D4381&act=url
Highly enjoyable - thanks Alex.

I always enjoy reading about people's wider stories involving going to Le Mans - gives a lot of additional colour and context to the event.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3272964)   #39
Alex Toropov
Racer

Thank you for the kind words, guys!
I still can't really believe that we were there at LM24 and everything happened in reality It is so unreal!!!
Uploading my amateur photos from Paris and LM today, I'll share them soon.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 20:03 (Ref:3273066)   #40
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Excellent Alex very interesting to read
Old 2 Jul 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3273102)   #41
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thank you for the kind words, guys!
I still can't really believe that we were there at LM24 and everything happened in reality It is so unreal!!!
Uploading my amateur photos from Paris and LM today, I'll share them soon.
Alex, that is quite a story...it is extraordinary how many obstacles you and Natalia had to overcome in order to 'do' Le Mans. Next time, it will be much easier...we will look forward to your return!
Old 3 Jul 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3273577)   #42
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great story Alex a really interesting read and well done on your trip. Whereabouts are you exactly - would like to see on a map to see just exactly what you had to travel through!!
Old 4 Jul 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3273722)   #43
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

A great read, makes you realise how simple we have it here, just jump on a ferry and flash your passport at someone and drive to Le Mans rather than jumping through hoops just to get to the country, never mind the travails afterwards.
Old 6 Jul 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3274545)   #44
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
The odd pic I took:

Le_Mans_2013_114 by wwodb, on Flickr

Le_Mans_2013_116 by wwodb, on Flickr

Le_Mans_2013_118 by wwodb, on Flickr

Le_Mans_2013_119 by wwodb, on Flickr

Le_Mans_2013_121 by wwodb, on Flickr

Le_Mans_2013_126 by wwodb, on Flickr

Le_Mans_2013_129 by wwodb, on Flickr
Old 6 Jul 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3274548)   #45
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for sharing, finally a picture that proves I was behind the borders.
Old 6 Jul 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3274603)   #46
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
That is me in the Audi cap.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 02:49 (Ref:3275186)   #47
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
And that's me with the blue Le Mans lanyard. I knew there had to be a photo of me somewhere. And I said it before and I'll say it again: THANK YOU, JAMES!!!
Old 13 Jul 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3277288)   #48
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Alex

I think I have even posted a shot of you on our website.......look in the Friday gallery.........
Old 13 Jul 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3277290)   #49
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Old 14 Jul 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3277647)   #50
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
the men behind the visit; thanks again