Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Jun 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3271550)   #26
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Last year I booked 30 camping spaces in Maison Blanche - by booking through an agent I know I have exactly what I want a year ahead and they will all be together in one plot. I don't think I would get that booking through the ACO.

I use the ACO for any extra tickets that I need
Old 29 Jun 2013, 12:08 (Ref:3271565)   #27
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
The last 3-4 years i have done it the same Way as Mal. Beeing a larger groupe make it hard working with the Aco. Maybe it is time to do a 10/10th travel club and see if we could qualify as an agency? That way we might save the bit that the agencys earn. But WHO will volenter to do this as a no profit service?
So i pay the agency to do the 2014 as Well
Old 29 Jun 2013, 13:22 (Ref:3271585)   #28
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Ten-Tenths Camp has been discussed before. The problem is that someone need to do the management of it all, including the finances. I don't have the capacity or the experience at booking at Le Mans to do it, otherwise I would have loved to do it.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3271694)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We have this already she is called nadine and she works for the tourist office in le mans
Old 29 Jun 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3271696)   #30
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We have this already she is called nadine and she works for the tourist office in le mans
Well then... Ten-Tenths Camp for 2014?
Old 30 Jun 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3271828)   #31
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to agree with the guys on here that use an agent for booking.

Yes booking directly is cheaper but also a Massive gamble. I know of a group of german fans (of ClubArnage guide fame) that had booked through the ACO and had to rebook trough an agent because all the tickets they recieved from the ACO were separate instead of one block....

The group I am part of has had the similar problems a number af times also.

As for camping with a camper, if you can live with using a generator Maison Blance is a very good campsite, it's reasonably flat with a lot of tarmac acces roads (the MB circuit). Since the MB circuit has been build and they moved to numbered pitches the "Wildness" has moved to the Blue Nord site, MB is a relativly quiet campsite with direct acces to the track inside the GA sector of the track (so you need a GA pass to get on to it, unlike say Blue Nord).
Old 30 Jun 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3271981)   #32
H16OPY
Rookie

England
H16OPY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been away for a few days really enjoyed reading through eveybodys advice it's such a help.

After taking everybody's thoughts on board and it being my first trip I think I'm going to pay that bit more and go the agency route. That being said who is the best agency to make my booking with?

Then just the campsite conundrum to sort there doesn't seem to be a stand out campsite everybody can make a case for each. Help!

Other than that so chuffed the dates that have been mentioned will not clash with TT.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3275481)   #33
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by H16OPY View Post
Been away for a few days really enjoyed reading through eveybodys advice it's such a help.

After taking everybody's thoughts on board and it being my first trip I think I'm going to pay that bit more and go the agency route. That being said who is the best agency to make my booking with?

Then just the campsite conundrum to sort there doesn't seem to be a stand out campsite everybody can make a case for each. Help!

Other than that so chuffed the dates that have been mentioned will not clash with TT.
I use Just Tickets and have done for as long as I can remember - we have never had any problems. But there are others and I am sure more recommendations will come along shortly.

Mal
Old 8 Jul 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3275486)   #34
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just tickets for me too.

In terms of campsites, there are three campsites that are objectively better than the rest. I don't like absolutely love all three, but I think a good time would be had by anyone staying at:

- Tetre Rouge
- Maison Blanche
- Houx.

Those really are the best three and tend to be some of the most sought-after.

Take a look at the beermountain.com Campsite guide as well.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3275508)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
But motorhomes are not always allowed/can actually get into the sites, TR is really not suitable for any large motorhomes especially if you are not there by tuesday, Houx has easy electric hook ups and MB is nice and flat, all three sites are good and therefore the tickets go fast.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 20:19 (Ref:3275563)   #36
H16OPY
Rookie

England
Cheers for all the advice, decision finally made going to use Just Tickets and stay at Maision Blanche. Final step just get my holiday signed off from work wish me luck!
Old 8 Jul 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3275598)   #37
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Cheers for all the advice, decision finally made going to use Just Tickets and stay at Maision Blanche. Final step just get my holiday signed off from work wish me luck!
By now you will almost certainly be put on the waitlist so be quick
Old 8 Jul 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3275630)   #38
H16OPY
Rookie

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
By now you will almost certainly be put on the waitlist so be quick
Oh bummer. Need a plan B just when I thought I was sorted.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 05:46 (Ref:3275721)   #39
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Oh bummer. Need a plan B just when I thought I was sorted.
Dont panic - The waitlist often does clear to some degree so the quicker you get on it the better. I do not know how it works but the agencies presumably do not know how many tickets they will get so they cant allocate them all straight away. Also you will find some floating around as regular groups such as ours do not always know exactly how many they will need when they book them as people tend to change their minds or don't commit - last year I ended up with 10 spare camping tickets as DFH changed their minds late on and these were sold on to various Ten tenths and Club Arnage people
Old 9 Jul 2013, 08:10 (Ref:3275747)   #40
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We also go through Just Tickets. We camp in Houx with them.

They were worth their extra money this year when one of our group (Truckosaurus) lost his tix on Friday... All resolved on Sat am (eventually after some typical ACO shenanigans).

Well worth giving them a call to discuss your needs, etc..
Old 9 Jul 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3275758)   #41
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
I've not much experience of agencies as we normally get what we want from the ACO, but this year I had to source extra Houx tickets.
I found the service from Speed Chills to be excellent. Not only did they have stock of the passes we wanted, but they did not insist on selling any General Entrance passes. This makes them by far the most reasonable agency for campsite passes as far as I know, and Anne-Marie provided superb service when we had some wobbles about which country passes were to be sent to.
Usual disclaimers.