Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jul 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3273547)   #1
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chef Off-season LM24 do....

Being a relatively new ten-tenther do you guys have a do to break up the non-June monotony?

I started a dinner in December each year with my usual LM gang (RAF club served as a great venue due to one mate being an ex-officer) - some of the guys we literally only see in person each June.

Is this something you guys do/would be interested in???
Old 3 Jul 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3273552)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds an idea. In terms of meeting up, our small group tended to do that at Silverstone in late August/September, but now the WEC race has been shifted to April, that's no longer possible. There are occasional curry nights but geography is difficult for some of us. I do quite like the idea of a Tenths dinner though. Should be one heck of a cheese course......
Old 3 Jul 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3273554)   #3
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If people are interested I'd suggest London is an obvious choice location-wise. Traditionally I organised my do the week/2weeks pre-Xmas - one year was bang-on between the two LMs... However my littlun's bday is the 17th so it became later November which tended to be easier for people in the run up to Xmas.

Thoughts please if interested...
Old 3 Jul 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3273565)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK folks, there's the thought - what do you think?
Old 3 Jul 2013, 21:22 (Ref:3273580)   #5
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
http://www.artdufromage.co.uk/
Old 3 Jul 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3273601)   #6
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Think it sounds like a thoroughly good idea.

Always a challenge to get people in the right place at the right time, especially without the focal point of a race, but happy to express enthusiasm - always good to meet up with people for a meal and a good chat.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 06:48 (Ref:3273687)   #7
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I like the idea - but we should avoid December - many people are too busy with other things then - me included - January is often a quiet time for many people
Old 4 Jul 2013, 07:52 (Ref:3273702)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Some of us do meet up at other events like the classic, spa and silverstone.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3273717)   #9
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Is anyone going to the Silverstone Classic later this month?
Old 5 Jul 2013, 07:20 (Ref:3274138)   #10
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sounds an idea. In terms of meeting up, our small group tended to do that at Silverstone in late August/September, but now the WEC race has been shifted to April, that's no longer possible. There are occasional curry nights but geography is difficult for some of us. I do quite like the idea of a Tenths dinner though. Should be one heck of a cheese course......
With merguez and rillettes as the main....?
Old 5 Jul 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3274282)   #11
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
With merguez and rillettes as the main....?
Sounds like a winner...
Old 5 Jul 2013, 17:59 (Ref:3274368)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll take the merguez but I'll pass on the rillettes. Foie gras for starters though.....
Old 5 Jul 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3274400)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'll take the merguez but I'll pass on the rillettes. Foie gras for starters though.....
Rillettes are a local dish/delicacy for le mans, of the other two one is a health hazard and the other is questionable even for non veggies I hope that le mans forgives you for your ireverance
Old 7 Jul 2013, 06:59 (Ref:3274766)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not irreverence - just good sense!
Old 7 Jul 2013, 09:28 (Ref:3274798)   #15
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
So that is it. Order for tickets send, tent dried and packed, sleeping bag rolled up and t shirts washed.

Bring on June. I am ready.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3275368)   #16
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Rillettes are a local dish/delicacy for le mans, of the other two one is a health hazard
For the incurably weak stomached.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 17:58 (Ref:3275475)   #17
Mal
Veteran

England
London
It sounds like a traditional French Curry might be more suitable then!

Le Poulet Tikka Marsala anyone?
Old 8 Jul 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3275502)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
It sounds like a traditional French Curry might be more suitable then!

Le Poulet Tikka Marsala anyone?
yes please but I will still have a rillets on toast starter
Old 9 Jul 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3275753)   #19
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
I just got a sausage making kit as a belated birthday present from my sister - Merguez is first on the list!
Old 9 Jul 2013, 09:56 (Ref:3275788)   #20
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
I just got a sausage making kit as a belated birthday present from my sister - Merguez is first on the list!
Enjoy - sausage making tremendous fun, but do take care when ordering sausage skins in current heat - that can end very badly indeed!

Haven't made merguez with our machine (a magnificently titled Porkert Fleischacker) - but this might prompt me to dig it out for the weekend and see what happens.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 10:02 (Ref:3275792)   #21
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
I did wonder that about the skins and them arriving in good order. PM me if you have any tips/resources etc you don't mind sharing (save clogging up the thread)